For Sale - 1956 Porsche 550A Spyder reproduction | Page 3 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1956 Porsche 550A Spyder reproduction

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Dryfly, Apr 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Wow. Congrats!

arizonaitalian likes this.
  2. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    When you have an exceptionally nice car the ONLY place to sell is BAT. Congrats, I knew it would blow away your ask on the ad placed here.

EarlyCat and Texas Forever like this.
  3. Dryfly

Dryfly Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2012
    Seattle area
    Thanks again for all the well wishes and kind thoughts! I practically needed heart meds at the end. The winner is a first rate collector from Salt Lake City with an impressive Porsche collection. I gave him the bomber hat & steam punk goggles and threw in a bottle of Dom
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

cls, Simon^2 and Scott98 like this.
  4. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Very classy. Congrats again on the unbelievable sale!

5. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    with the BAT result, it makes me wonder how truly effective ads are here. You'd think a very dedicated forum and somehow a "community" type feel would be a benefit (feeling some camaraderie ) to be here would be helpful and comforting to buyers. Not that I have any hard evidence but the number of true buyers here and the sale rate here seems pretty dismal. Lots of talk but no action

Mang likes this.
  6. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    In 10 years I've probably listed 10 cars here. I have sold 1, my MGA 1600. Everything else languished, great chatter, but no actual action as you mention.

tres55 and Mang like this.
  7. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    right, you have/had that prunga mondial right. For sale here but nothing and you went over to BAT, gone in a week? Youd think this is the best place to sell a ferrari, but evidently lots of "big hats and no cattle" around here.

8. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    We’re all talk and no trousers!

Matt

tantumaude and Boomhauer like this.
  9. rdynamix

rdynamix Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 11, 2013
    Magnificent car and so well presented. Wonderful.

10. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Funny I like the ads here I bot two cars from here

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

11. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I think that’s probably attributable to BAT having a much broader reach than FChat. Probably not too many buyers interested in buying a non-Ferrari would even think of checking here for a car unless they were regular users, in the same way people would not go to a Porsche forum to check the classifieds for a Corvette or Jaguar. If I were selling a car I’d certainly list it here, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it actually sold in a different venue.

tritone and Simon^2 like this.
  12. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
  13. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The car did sell for 50% more on Bat, so your post in this very thread, means the veracity of your argument is in quesiton.

14. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I reread my post and realize it was poorly worded. It was in no way meant to be a reflection on the OP’s car. I don’t want to derail this thread further and will say congrats again to the OP for a knockout sale on BaT!

15. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    BAT is a great place to sell SOME cars. The seller of this car had the perfect situation for an auction... he had 3 bidders who REALLY wanted his (beautiful) car.

I think an auction section in the F-Chat classifieds would be interesting. Run it same as BAT. Use a 2-3 minute shot clock to eliminate sniping.

16. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister

Now that you mention that i think they tried an auction format here a couple years back. Obviously not much came of it because it's not an option, but I agree.

17. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    FChat doesn't show photos unless you're registered. People aren't going to sign up just to see classified ads. Big mistake IMO from the administration.

I've sold zero cars from forums over the years. Listed over 10 at least.

I have better luck on eBay by a large margin than leads generated from forums. Even at exceptional deals. Just sold a Gallardo for more than I had it posted for on Lamborghini forums by posting it on eBay. Got full asking price on eBay vs. tire kickers on the forums. Of course now that it's sold people are lining up as back up offers...FOMO hits quick. :D