I think you were bidding on the 575 6spd on BAT today? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

I think you were bidding on the 575 6spd on BAT today?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by hankcinq, Apr 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Yup. Just look at the “Porsche” Type 64 and that nonsense. The auction house can’t remove their culpability. If that had been BaT, they could say “we did as much diligence as the seller provided, proof and beyond is between the buyer and the seller, we’re merely the conductor of the orchestra”

and wash their hands.

etip likes this.
  2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I know several people who have bought cars on bat that the bidders didn't take them and also I have several friends who sold in the last 60 days and the buyers haven't come through.

3. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#178 Bradwilliams, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Here is an example of a guy who got taken to the cleaners on BAT.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-bmw-m3-convertible-28/

This guy got conned into paying 32 grand for that car at BJ under two years ago. High bid today? 19 grand. This is all artificial price manipulation. The winners and losers are hand picked.

My friend was the high bidder on this car and I have the emails. The guy just kept rambling on and on about how disappointed he was with the auction price and that the car was "destined to go up in value." He got conned and now he wants my friend to fall for the same con he fell for. Auction didn't meet the reserve and he wanted 27 out of it. No deal. He lost. His car will be worth 14 grand within the coming weeks/months.

technom3 likes this.
  4. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    He didn't obey the M3 rule!

Top goes down, PRICE goes down!

Lol

tres55 and Bradwilliams like this.
  5. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#180 Bradwilliams, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
    LOL! I forgot, my personal favorite excerpt from the email was and I quote "Barret jackson gave this car a 5 star classic rating"

Bahahahahahaaa.

No shame.

6. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    How did he get "conned?" Someone put a gun to his head and told him to bid $32k at B-J? Chandelier bids, shill bids, all part of ANY auction game. Do your homework, bid your max, don't let yourself buy on impulse. Or, don't buy an M3 at auction when there are 1,000 of them for private sale on any given day. The only reasons to buy a particular car at auction are if 1) the price and the car are both right for you or 2) it's a rare enough car that the only one for sale is at auction.

nicholasn, F355 Fan 82 and tres55 like this.
  7. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

BJ conned him by telling him the car was a 5 star classic and good as gold. He didn't have a gun to his head, and he's still a fool. A fool who now wants to con my friend into buying his 14 thousand dollar used bmw. There probably were some shill bids involved in that auction.

8. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i watch BJ off and on

not sure who buys a car there and thinks it is a deal

ive never seen one

maybe the wednesday auction at 6:30 am you got a "deal"

there is a reason craig jackson has that smirk on his face whenever the camera pans to him

Bradwilliams likes this.
  9. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    The real treat will be seeing what RM, Gooding, Mecum, etc etc do about Pebble being canceled. That’s $250MM in sales. Down the drain in August unless they figure out a way to pivot ...

10. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Barrett Jackson is just another sleazy used car salesmen type auction. They're constantly trying to pump up the cars with baloney "facts" and how RARE everything is. It's also an open bar environment for anyone with a bid pass...

There are some deals to be had there as well however. Just not during prime time.

11. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Awrright awright, enough with the *******........
    FreeFan, where is the 575? In your condo yet? Focus Focus!

(or was that hocus pocus?)

Bradwilliams likes this.
  12. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    lolz. The site doesn’t disappoint!

The recreation 550 Porsche listed HERE for $23,000 LESS than what it sold for today on BaT.

lol. That’s all I can do is lol.

I wanna see HeyHey in his new whip! Cmon and post em up! (Come to think of it, Dan said the 575M has been sitting. Were those photos recent?)

Rory J and Bradwilliams like this.
  13. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

House of cards.....

14. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    that guy, had he put in any research could’ve paid $25,950 less for the “Porsche”. By simply using a computer, 10 days ago LOL

it just cracks me up. I wanna meet these people with all this money to blow!

carguy246 and Bradwilliams like this.
  15. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

You have some links for us? :) Not even going to comment on them, just want to see with my own two eyes.

16. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
  17. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
  18. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Welcome to BAT! Where anything is possible. Got a 2k mile 1995 chevy cavalier? Put it on there, get together with one of your buddies and shill it up to 100g grand. Then tell a story in the comments about the nostalgia of driving the piece of crap back in forth to high school. Market created, price set! :)

19. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    This is silly. This is a Ferrari board. People routinely spend this much money every couple of years. Do you ever have any fun?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Attached Files:

21. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
  22. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I know you have some beautiful cars. More power to you as well

Texas Forever likes this.
  23. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    I’ve sold two cars on BaT and got thousands more than I would have on brand forums or CL. The process ain’t great, but if your car doesn’t perform there, it’s worthless.

Michael_Davis and Texas Forever like this.
  24. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    And still BAT keeps its fee regardless of whether the sale fails to go through due to serious misrepresentations.

25. Jacob H

Jacob H Rookie

Mar 31, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jacob Haigh
    I've seen people (claim to have) their fee refunded if there's suspicious activity by the seller (the case I'm thinking of, the Seller clearly unhappy with sale price & dragged heels on sending any documentation like their own ID). I think if you complain enough to BaT you'll get your fee refunded.