360 - Opinions is my f1 pump ready | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 Opinions is my f1 pump ready

Discussion in '360/430' started by Majin_JT, Apr 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

did u replace the pump head? If you just replaced the pump motor, (no bleeding required ) you still have problems somewhere else to be inspected

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Rpm

Yes he replaced the pump .. things are better from running time and sound but he has gears that jump of gears etc

That is why I suggested the post before my yours

I think that is the inexpensive way to proceed and seems like it is the issue .. I guess the other choice is to map pressures as he is having problems with his launch

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

3. Majin_JT

Majin_JT Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    JT
    Just thinking would it be a good idea to bleed the clutch block as well as the actuator?

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    You can start with that since it is the simplest and see if it helps .. still may need to change accumulator and bleed actuator

The actuator has to be removed from gear box to bleed

Follow WSM D 3.04

For bulb replacement do a search in here

Here is link that 2400rpm has participated in that describes it

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/how-to-replace-f1-accumulator-and-bleed-system.501597/&share_tid=501597&share_fid=9080&share_type=t&link_source=app

Reading D section of manual with give you more insight to the system and functions especially the bleeding procedures for clutch and actuator

5. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Think of the accumulator as a battery, it's purpose is to hold a charge, in this case fluid pressure. Same for a well pump for your house. BIG accumulator.

6. Majin_JT

Majin_JT Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    JT
    So when I get chance to tackle the accumulator I take it I bleed accumulator then clutch block then the actuator

7. Majin_JT

Majin_JT Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    JT
    Also how do I bleed the accumulator is it simply pump activations then close off the bleed valve

8. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

yes. Usually, like I said, you only need to bleed the nipple at the RH side of the airbox. In rare cases( i only encountered one time) should you need to bleed other points of the whole f1 system.

9. Majin_JT

Majin_JT Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    JT
    2400 do you maybe have a picture marked around the bleed nipple I just want to be sure

10. Majin_JT

Majin_JT Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    JT
  11. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    That’s one of the clutch bleeds John

12. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

yes, that's the one im talking bout

13. Majin_JT

Majin_JT Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    JT
    Well I finally changed the accumulator without much trouble to get it off, I then got the wife to go up and down the gears so the pump would cycle so I could bleed the f1 fluid and with success. Went for a drive and cars driving amazing so will see what happens over the next phew days. So thanks to everyone that gave me advice. Thought I would attach a little pic of my car
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

brogenville and 24000rpm like this.
  14. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    You are welcome .. I knew bases on your reports that it pointed to the accumulator after replacing the pump

Also you have the tool to activate pimp and solenoid so not sure you needed your wife ..but that is cool to work together

Majin_JT likes this.
  15. Majin_JT

Majin_JT Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    JT
    Just thought i would give a little mini update , after a full night i thought i would go to the car and see priming times etc all i can say is WOW.

I opened drivers door expecting pump to kick in and no pump noise so i put key to on still no noise at this point i am thinking something is either terribly wrong or gone terribly right ,so i thought i would see if it would go in gears and yes straight into gears pump kicks in as it should .
    even went for a drive its fantastic .

So my thoughts the pressure has held since yesterday i have owned this car 7 years and never had this .

my advice to everyone replace your accumulators :)

flash32 likes this.
  16. billy.gif

billy.gif Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2017
    Finland
    Had you any other problems with the system prior that awful sound of worn out F1-pump? Or did you pursue all this just because the F1-pump was making weird noises yet the gearchanges / etc. were flawless?

17. Majin_JT

Majin_JT Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    JT
    sometimes the gear changes was a l
    sometimes the gear changes was a little bit sloppy but not bad enough to see a major issue other than that no other issues
    Just tested my prime time after letting the car sit since yesterday morning which would make it about 30 hours ago and my prime is now 5 seconds, which is much better than 15-16 seconds :)

billy.gif likes this.
  18. billy.gif

billy.gif Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2017
    Finland

Could anyone chime in, is this normal rate which F1-system apparently loses pressure? Drop from +50 bar to 42 bar took around 34 sec. Or are we watching some totally obsolete pressure, as this is very first time I got my hands on the Launch X431 Pro Mini?

-Car had been in winter storage for about 7 months, unused, unstarted, untouched. When driver door was opened F1-pump primed for about 12 secs, just like it has been doing for ages. Upon first starting the car and surfing trough information one can see with the Launch X431 we came across this.

19. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Does pressure loss happen faster in certain gears ?

The two things actuator screws and if a f430 ediff solenoid

Using the x431 ..map data during a drive all shifts and staying in each gear for a while ..look at data .. that may help pinpoint issue

Could be accumulator too

Also look at ediff leak rate on x431 .. may give us some insight

20. billy.gif

billy.gif Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2017
    Finland
    I forgot to mention that this is 360, not 430. Also I had no idea that this particular pressure loss reading is ... well "gear dependent". As the Launch X431 system is totally new experience for me. So I should "map data" during driving with various gears, it will store the particular data with some sort of ... datasheet?

21. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    If you select data stream and select the pressure and maybe rpm and then hit the graph button .. it will give you a graph that shows data in real time ..it then can be saved after you sample the data ..

Being a 360 ..it sounds more and more like loose screws .. but still can be the accumulator

billy.gif likes this.