Anyone up for another "quarantour"? | FerrariChat

Anyone up for another "quarantour"?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Apr 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    They're doing it again, and this time I think I'll participate. Here are the details from Local Car Magazine:

So you loved the last Quarantour? Or maybe you missed it? I hear Sunday morning we will have lovely weather, so let's do it again! Come to Panera Bread, 1135 Woodstock Rd, Roswell, GA 30075-2231 between 8:30 and 9am for a 9:30 roll out to go on a 30ish mile drive through the lovely back roads of Roswell and Milton ending at Dunkin Donuts on Woodstock Rd. 1 mile from where we start out! Be safe! Keep 6-10 feet away from everybody else and we'll all get along just fine. Of course, we'll have a photographer or two so the magazine can cover the event.

minimn likes this.
  2. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Sounds like a nice idea. I drove around by myself last Sunday and it wasn’t great. More traffic than I expected and no other car fanatics!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. minimn

minimn Karting

Jun 25, 2007
    Sounds like a good idea. Why? It's an event that I've planned! We hope that many of you will show up for a nice country drive on Sunday. We had fun a month ago, even with it raining the last few minutes. We've gathered at Panera/Target shopping area for six years and many of us are the same guys that attended Caffeine & Octane but were tired of the crowds, cones, merchants and engine revving. You can show up at 8+ AM and can leave whenever you'd like. We call the gathering Worship. Try it.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'm planning on being there. The weather forecast is great and the car is running good. At the end, though, I might just go home instead of turning in to the Dunkin' Donuts. (Will I be missing anything?)

5. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    I should be there. What happens if we get picked off at a light?

6. minimn

minimn Karting

Jun 25, 2007
    "picked off at a light"? t will happen, several times. Printed directions will be given and the lead pack will stop at least once to gather everyone up.

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Nice turnout of over 80 cars. I counted 4 Ferraris (including mine) and a Pantera. Photos to follow.

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Whatizit? It's a Nissan Cima, a large sedan not imported into the U.S. These appear to be the Y32 version, which was built in the early '90s. I was told that it was the basis for the original Infiniti Q45, and that these two examples are the only two in Georgia.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Here is 1/2 the Ferrari contingent of the cars that I saw. (The 308 is a carbureted car.) There was another 308 and a 430 present as well. There was a Panera, also red, parked to my right.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    An interesting story about this car. Back in June 2010, I flew to Phoenix to attend an event, and while in Arizona, I figured that it was about time that I saw the Grand Canyon. So I rented a car, booked a room in Williams for two nights and a trip on the Grand Canyon Railway to the south rim. When I parked my rental in the depot lot in the morning, I was surprised to see a Hurst Olds come in and park, and then another, and another! So I asked one of the drivers what was up. It turns out that the Hurst Olds owners association was having its annual meet in Flagstaff that weekend, and one of the events on the docket was a trip to the south rim on the train. When I got off the train after returning, there must have been 50 Hurst Olds in the lot, different models and different years!

So now every time I see a Hurst Olds, I ask the driver if they were there. In this case, the owner and his wife said that they were there, though they owned a different Olds at the time. So it appears that we rode the same train to the Grand Canyon back in 2010.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    On the first leg of the trip, I was behind the Pantera and in front of a pagoda-roof Mercedes 230SL. At about the 1/3 point, we all pulled into a shopping center parking lot so that the stragglers could catch up. After we left the lot, I was now behind the Panoz roadster and in front of what looked like a Model A hot rod. So I spent the entire trip behind two Ford engines that were not in Ford products, and in a Ford sandwich, engine-wise, after the stop. Ford vs Ferrari, indeed!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  14. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    It was a fun morning . Perfect weather and great drive. I'll be there again

15. minimn

minimn Karting

Jun 25, 2007
  16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    A nice, quick little video of the event has been posted. The very first image you'll see is the front of MY car!

18. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    DefunctNeurons and rmfamily like this.
  19. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    That's a really nice shot

20. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    One more time! Quarantour 3 will be next Sunday, June 7, starting from the same Panera on GA-92 and taking a similar route along the rural roads through the far northern suburbs. If you want to give your cavallino an hour of relaxed exercise with like-minded people, just show up between 8 and 9 AM.

DefunctNeurons and minimn like this.
  21. minimn

minimn Karting

Jun 25, 2007
    This time the drive is called Mask Parade; if it doesn't rain then we'll have over 100 cars. See you there?

22. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    "Mask Parade" - that's really clever!:D

23. minimn

minimn Karting

Jun 25, 2007
    Thanks! Hope to see you there this Sunday! It'll be a fun ride.

24. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Just found this thread, I'll try to turn up for the start!

minimn likes this.
  25. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Well, that was a bigger gathering of cars than I expected. Tire problem prevented my bringing F430 over, but my dog, Bourbon, enjoyed meeting everyone.

few really nice F cars there today....loving that 512BBi.