458 - How Many Miles is Too Much? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

458 How Many Miles is Too Much?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MaybeSomeday31, Apr 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    we will be here in 6 days, 6 weeks, 6 months doing the same thing again

paulchua likes this.
  2. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Calling out troll a troll and letting him know he is no longer welcomed is not bullying. Why should we allow a disruptive individual with no contribution continue to disrupt majority of people here?

Bullying is when someone attacks another person based on some inherent characteristics of the victim, such as gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or culture. Telling a rude person to shut up and get out of here is simply to enforce a socially expected norm for the sake of other's right to joy and quiet environment. He is not being banned for any of aforementioned features that could not be changed, but by his own behaviors. As much as the person has a right to yell, throw a fit and say most stupid stuff, the others also have an equal right to say enough is enough.

This is not about individual freedom but rather where the line is drawn between the good for the majority and one's own right. The bottom line is that any individual's right should not invade other's right to joy and enjoyment. Again, the ignore button does not work in his case because other people are responding and inevitably help derail the potentially informative discussion.

This is 2020. Not 2018 when people just need to be pc and never dare to call spade a spade.

3. SDSferrari

SDSferrari Karting

Apr 2, 2014
    Southern California

Actually I never owed a 360 so I am not offended by his comments. When I first became a member on this form I was looking at 360s, hence the logon ID. I decided to buy a 458 Italia which I still own.

paulchua likes this.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #129 Shadowfax, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    Paul Chua,

WOW! This is a Kangaroo Court if I've ever seen one!

Noone1 hasn't done a thing wrong here other than attempt to oblige your posts which ran way past overtime. I must seriously question if he hadn't engaged you would he have still been banned? I mean he's been here 12 years so why on earth has it taken so long to arrive at a decision he needs to be gone?

If some of the members here seriously wanted to get rid of him then they really should have all bandied together a long time back and complained about him to get him gone. It's no secret Noone1 has no love for Ferrari's and doesn't own a car. But then the same could be said for a few others that post here. Yes there are others here who also troll against the Ferrari namesake and even worse than Noone1!!

Fwiw of all members here I've certainly had my fair share of moments with Noone1 and would have absolutely loved to have seen him banned on a number of occasions for his silly nonsense - and frankly was truly shocked he wasn't - but instead on these countless occasions everyone seemed quite happy to sit back and enjoy the ride. So they can't have it both ways, have their noses in the same trough and then start demanding his blood.

If you want him gone then find a more appropriate time and desirably when a mod isn't directly involved in the play.

A mod should be stepping in on bad play and making a ban call, not instigating the play and then banning him - in a knee jerk - to satisfy the random posting of Italiafan who from what I've seen over time would have a few banned he doesn't like (including me...which I recall him saying).

Sorry Paul but that's how it is and I think you know this which is why you are procrastinating. You are only doing yourself further damage the longer this goes on. Just my 2 cents. There will be plenty of other opportunities down the track to dart Noone (and certain others) if he gets up peoples noses. This is not the time.

Regards
    SF.

Boomhauer, paulchua and SVCalifornia like this.
  5. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Paul,

I’ll just respond to your thoughtful note.

Tho first, I agree with cadster he didn’t add a lot of value...in my opinion. And he sure doesn’t sparkle! In his posts I never detected he was untrue to himself. Indeed your interactions with him seem to uncover that he really believed in himself. Not a pc issue, he is not just uninformed but misguided. Too bad.

But the allegation that speaking up to an injustice is to sling mud is to misread what is ethical defense! I’m surprised you would mistake such a distinction quite honestly.

I don’t operate, as you apparently do, from the position he was indeed a troll tho that may be the popular view. I’m often on the wrong side of popular views I’m afraid. My experience with trolls is the tend to throw a bomb and walk away. He didn’t. And as I said, your interactions evinced a genuine viewpoint on his part. Part of why I never tried to engage him substantially. I don’t defend his positions, just that if you can be civil and engage with others then you have a chance to participate.

But my approach to Noone doesn’t equate to my decision to stand up to those that want to squash the lad. I see far worse behavior on their part than on his quite clearly. Smarter, savvier more well informed participants that should know better AND be better.

And they are not.

Too bad.

So do you still see a logical inconsistency? If so, then I confess I must not have been clear enough.

Bad on me.

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #131 IloveGT, Apr 29, 2020
    With all due respect, Shadow, we both know you and I are proud of having this trait - calling a spade a spade, like back then when we called out a loser who threw his dad under the bus demanding free stuff on this forum. In addition to what I wrote before in previous posts, I do want to say that your comment of kangaroo court is not applicable in this situation. Different people obviously have and should have different standards of what constitute a permanent ban. But Paul's multiple posts in response to noone1's posts are not considered as instigating it but simply pointing out noone1's persistent inconsistency and illogical conclusion that are also unfounded. It may look like he is asking for noone1's responses, but it is 100% up to noone1 how he would choose to respond. If noone1 chooses to respond again and again in a trolling fashion, then we should not complaint about the person who asked the questions, but rather the person who chose to answer the question the way he did. Overall, noone1 is supposed to be a thirty year old based on his profile.

Also, when we says "not this time", we must be reminded that this is not the first time at all for noone1, and that he was given warning for permanent ban before. People cry foul and not fair when the punishment finally reach reality, and a common response was that "why didn't you punish earlier so that I would not have done it today." I bet you have heard that in real life in one form or other. Well, yes, the moderators should not have spoiled and tolerated noone1 for so long, but at the same time, there will always come the time the promise of the punishment being fulfilled.

In a US court, the suspect is innocent until proven otherwise. The prosecution is supposed to bring evidence against, and the defendant is to defend himself against the evidence brought forth. In this particular case, do we need to present any evidence against noone1? We all have seen them ourselves at different times and occasions. Noone1 was given multiple times the last few days to clarify himself through Paul's posts and he continued to choose to ignore and remained his behaviours. You don't need the court to establish these facts. So your description of the court as shady as a kangaroos one actually does not apply here in this case, because there was no court needed to begin with.

The reality is that people are now negotiating for the terms of noone1's probation, but too late. So much happened in the background and in the past.

I say we should show appreciation for the moderator's work in making Fchat the way it is today. Hey, it is a volunteering and a thankless job. Heck, and particularly this is during worldwide pandemic and disaster, what else do we want?

paulchua and MANDALAY like this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #132 paulchua, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    Thank you the clarification, well you would agree then at the very least your chosen name is an object of ridicule. That said, I would venture to guess that wouldn't bother you.

Should I put you down along with @Ianjoub for his reinstatement?

Forgive me for asking explicitly, @Ianjoub and @Shadowfax have shown consternation in the past toward @noone1, that as you can see from recent posts, is not as straightforward as I had thought.

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #133 paulchua, Apr 29, 2020
    I admittedly am awestruck by this post and your position, given you have been the direct target of @noone1 in the past, even to the point of him mocking you. (several times actually if I recall)

I commend you, sir, to defend one that has not only thinks what you say is hilarious and ridiculed you in the past, but also someone you've described in your own words a person that spouts I quote ("excuses and nonsensical contradictory rantings") shows your graceful character.

I salute you for your capacity to forgive and also forget.

I'll add you along with @Ianjoub as petitioning for @noone1 reinstatement.

That's 2.

Shadowfax likes this.
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #134 Shadowfax, Apr 29, 2020
    Ilove Ferrari,

With due respect to our common points of view I am indeed calling a spade a spade here. This is a Kangaroo court without question. We all know exactly where we stand with Noone1. There is NO news here.

Reading over the chain it's clear as day Paul Chua knee jerked in bid to satisfy the petty whims of Italiafan and dropped the hammer on Noone simply because he could. I'm not saying noone shouldn't be banned - as ive said before, he should have been banned a long time ago and wasn't - and it suited others to sit on the sidelines enjoying the ride with their noses often buried in the same trough.

Given the current circumstances surrounding Noone's ban it's a very bad look for the Fchat hierarchy and Paul would know that without me spelling it out. He really should have remained at an arms length in this matter instead of putting himself forward as the leader of a lynch mob where he has reacted to the petty whims of a member who saw the opportunity to service his own needs. We all make mistakes. Let's just move on - there will be other times.

Noone should be reinstated as he hasn't done anything wrong on this occasion. All evidence of the current fracas could be removed by Paul. Everyone just needs to cool their heels. It isn't as if there wont be future opportunities.

SVCalifornia likes this.
  10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Hi Paul,

I do understand the reasons for the ban. You are correct in that I haven't had many confrontations with him and this may be viewed as I'm siding with him.

This is not the case.

I just feel being banned is just a bit too definite. Maybe a long sleep 3 months would be a better approach and if the same occurs then a ban. ( I hope those that go to Jail see their mistakes and reform )

However I do respect your judgement and thank you for all the work you do.

Angelo

paulchua likes this.
  11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    @Shadowfax

I was not being facetious and dead serious when I said I would take member's petitions seriously. When @noone1 called you (I quote)

A TRULY, DEEPLY, SADLY PATHETIC OLD MAN.

I thought he should have been permanently banned back then (I wasn't a moderator though)

That's why it was surprise to me that you rushed to his defense, I can say, your grace is impressive, and are a good man for being able to forgive a person that thinks this of you.

You've always been kind and respectful to me personally (even before I was a moderator) and I appreciated that. I will put you down as a member that thinks he shouldn't be banned.

MANDALAY and Shadowfax like this.
  12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah well it hasn't been easy at times putting up with him, and exposing his nonsense, but for all of that I have learned not to let certain things he says about me to get under my skin and have found my own way of giving him some back. But there are others here much worse as they are less transparent than Noone1 who pretty well wears his heart on his sleeve, and, who are worse trolls against the Ferrari brand than he.

Boomhauer and paulchua like this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I respect you my friend. I admit I don't think I am as forgiving if somebody consistently insults me in public.
    Cheers

Igor Ound and Shadowfax like this.
  14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #139 paulchua, Apr 29, 2020
    I appreciate your honest post and am grateful for providing additional context to your position.

That said, while I may disagree with your views on what is acceptable behavior, I understand you have to stand up for what you think is okay, such as when noone1 was demeaning another user's country/nationality (he was banned by a different moderator). Or calling a member a 'retard' (again warned by yet another different moderator).

I will add as you, along with Shadowfax (see above) as the 2nd and 3rd petitioner for @noone1's reinstatement.

edit: apologies!! I forgot @wEsTCoASTa too (sorry) that’s 4.

Shadowfax likes this.
  15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #140 Shadowfax, Apr 29, 2020
    Understand your position - or should I say disposition - and will go with your decision either way.

Just to be perfectly clear I'm not petitioning for noone's return in any sense where I agree with, or, excuse ANY of his nonsense.

To be clear my concern is purely over your handling of the matter as a mod. My petition is that Noone deserves to be banned however, looking at the evidence there isn't enough good reason to apply the banning so it is fully appreciated and understood by all. So there could be some collateral damage. I think it's always important to be seen as acting as fair and reasonable at all times.

So instead of being able to celebrate and revel in the final demise of Noone1 - which he deserves - his banning has been an anticlimax due to the evidence not supporting a fair and reasonable ban and, I'd always imagined Noone1 living and dying by his own sword in typical noone1 style where he lashes out when called out or cornered.

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #141 paulchua, Apr 29, 2020
    Good points, I think I could have handled it more delicately, I am grateful for your constructive feedback as well as your gentlemanly character. I will try to be better and improve.

I must also commend you again for the grace you've shown here today. It shows real character to defend a position, even though it will benefit the person that consistently ridicules you.

That said, perhaps @noone1 can have a 'Come to Jesus' moment as well? Observe your integrity and hopefully have a change of heart?

The way the ban happen and the reason are indeed two different things as you state. To this point, I hear you loud and clear.

His body of support is now back to 3 with this refrain. I can say with just an informal count: only three members vouching for him ain't going to cut it. Just based on memory, there is about 20+ folks that have been calling for @noone1 ouster due to offensive behavior.

With one of the three defenders being @wEStCoAstA, that does not have the best reputation here as well (he defended his boyfriend? named "butt head" for doing things like offering gummy bears for a LaF, or saying an 812 may not handle good enough for him, even though he doesn't have a driver's license)

The folks I've added to this thread that seems to rally to @noone1's cause need to speak now to his defense, or he's out - permanently.

IloveGT and Shadowfax like this.
  17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    on the side lighter note, the op of this thread, @MaybeSomeday31, asked the question about the mileages and he must be thinking to himself, "WTF is going on here!!"

Welcome to Fchat! sorry we scared you! trust me, the moment you drive the car, you will forget about this thread. LOL.

To answer your question, do you keep your cars long like a few years long? The reason for the question is that you need to decide where you want to be in the depreciation curve, based on when you want to sell the car again. But regardless, service history is very important to have.

jomarti1, LVP488 and paulchua like this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #143 paulchua, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Hi Angelo,

I just wanted to remind you the times @noone1 talked down to you for no other reason than to upset you.

1) here you asked a moderator to jump in because of @noone1's I quote you: (verbal diarrhea)
    2) here you said you are aware he is looking for (I quote) 'feeding' and (I quote) 'enough is enough.'

That being said, like @Shadowfax I commend you, fighting for somebody that disrespects you. I am genuinely among giants.

I'll put you down as #4

Shadowfax and MANDALAY like this.
  19. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Although fchat is playground to most, some come here to obtain info which guides their 6figure purchase. When someone speaks with such certitude about things they know very little about, it does a disservice to all.

I don’t know Paul, but having read his posts, I find him simply too smart for noone! This a car forum and moderators are not Supreme Court judges, as such the standards applied by some seem out of place. I think the correct decision was made. In the 15 years I’ve been here, I have put 2 people on my ignore list. They have both been banned.

Thecadster, paulchua and IloveGT like this.
  20. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    Youre obsessed dude. You are like a pathetic naggy woman. You just cant seem to my dick out of your mouth can you? Lets meet up for a coffee in menlo and have you say all of that to my face. YOU WONT STOP on the internet, tough guy....let see if you have enough balls to say it to my face. I TOLD YOU TO **** OFF

WHO IS YOUR BOSS? HOW DO I REPORT YOU?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #146 paulchua, Apr 30, 2020
    ^ Again, this is the biggest supporter of @noone1 ^

any questions?

Looks like we're' back to 3 people again...strangely enough, if he had simply been civil, his vote for @noone1 's reinstatement would be counted. Alas, incivility breeds counter productive results at times.

Here's the well thought out rebuttal I received from @noone1 biggest fan:

Attached Files:

• pm.gif
      pm.gif
      File size:
      39.5 KB
      Views:
    MANDALAY, IloveGT and Shadowfax like this.
  22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Tony, you are very kind. I appreciate the kind words, but it takes no intelligence to see through @noone1 casuistry.

Since @noone1 post are always predictable and unoriginal, it's so easy for all to see through the smokescreen.

I agree also about the potential to mislead!

Igor Ound likes this.
  23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #148 Shadowfax, Apr 30, 2020
    No make it 2 Paul. As I said my main concern was primarily for your involvement - taking the step without having sufficient drama to validate the ban. I don't want to be associated to any form of rescue package which could be later misconstrued as condoning his nonsense.

I since read back over one those earlier encounters which you linked. You are dead right I have been extremely forgiving. I am utterly amazed he was allowed to get away his shenanigans for so long.....truly incredible. So my inner jury has reached a final verdict. Game over. It's been a long time coming no question about that. It's time to pull the shutters down and turn off the last light.

And westcoaster? Boy he sure went out in a raging ball of flames that fella. Is he perhaps Noone1 under a second user name? Now THIS is exactly the type of climactic performance I was looking forward to from Noone1 - a final dramatic episode to conclude the 12 year saga which resulted in him being punted so hard between the goalposts he sailed off into outer space.

24. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    takes one to know one. of course, he is his biggest fan.

25. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Hi Paul,

cant believe that post of Westcoasta ? Any chance it could be noone ?

Since that episode I just reverted to ignoring him.

I definitely am not fighting for him at all. I just thought a 3 month ban would be fair and see if he would change. I don't know maybe I'm a bit naïve.

But I respect your decision and have many valid reasons so please I'm not a supporter to have him reinstated.

Thanks for your time

Angelo

paulchua likes this.