Bentley Bentayga: Has anyone owned one | FerrariChat

Bentley Bentayga: Has anyone owned one

Discussion in 'British' started by Way2fast, Apr 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I am looking for a car for my wife. Has anyone on here owned a Bentayga? I would like your thoughts on one

2. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I have not bought one but test drive and was test driven in one-
    As a driver the experience is excellent but being driven the rear leg room is not enough- a Range Rover LWB autobiography is a better choice as probably is the upcoming Mercedes Maybach GLS uber suv(if the rear is anything like the MM sedan)
    The Rolls Royce is a dream but not worth buying for one major reason if you want to be driven-the reclining rear seat has no foot rest

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Thank you. This is just a DD for the wife and for the two of us for road trips instead of my FF

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    As state..the Land Rover is the better truck. Then Bentely is not much more then a tricked out Audi. They are indeed nice, but really not worth the premium.

Way2fast likes this.
  5. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    So I had a W12 Bentayga. I can tell you that it is not a tricked out Audi. Is your opinion based on experience?

To the OP, it is a great SUV. Highly luxurious, incredible handling for an SUV, and extremely fast. The lane keeping features are the best that I have experienced (excluding the autonomous vehicles). Yes, it shares its frame with the Q7 and Urus. The Cullinan shares its with the phantom Phantom.

Also, there is exclusivity since you don’t see many around.

We enjoyed ours until my wife hit the garage lol.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I've had 5 or 6 RRs, I think I might go Bentley based on my experience with LL.

Boomhauer and Pis7a2020 like this.
  7. silver1331

silver1331 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2009
    I've had several as well including a 2019 and 2020 LWB supercharged. Both the 19 and 20 have had several issues, more than all the others combined. The infotainment system is terrible so make sure you get carplay. Too bad because I like the design but this will be my last LR.

Boomhauer and Gh21631 like this.
  8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Pretty much the same but my wife loves them.

Boomhauer likes this.
  9. DarrenP

DarrenP Rookie

Feb 2, 2015
    I own one - V8. Very capable and no real issues but wouldn’t buy another. Owned several Range Rovers in the past and they are the better car.

Have an order in for the Cullinan Black Badge and that will take the Bentaygas place.

anunakki and plastique999 like this.
  10. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Based on PLENTY of experiance. I'm thinking your experiance could be the issue. I suppose you are not exposed to the amount of high end autos as I am on a daily basis. I make my living servicing these over priced money grabbers.

When you are over and under these "exotic" "speacial" vehicals every damn day..your realise just how unspeacial they actually are. You ask yourself how people can be so careless to think that thier BENTLEY suv is actually a speacial and limited product..when you have the same damn truck in the next bay with an Audi badge on it. Almost part for part..except for interior bits and obviously the body panels which are bolted to the same chassis and frame structure.

Yes they are a tricked out Audi with an outrageous price tag..

psych0hans, Flash G and davidoloan like this.
  11. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    My son has a damaged one for sale, will take about 15-20k in cosmetics to fix, drivers front wheel impacted curb if I remember, he bought it back from insurance

12. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Is it the same with the Urus? always wondered if the Q, Bent and Urus were just the same thing with diff panels.

psych0hans likes this.
  13. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    I've always been of the opinion that when you have two cars built off the same platform they better be fairly close in price, otherwise the (much) more expensive one must be a total rip-off. Bigger wheels, larger engine, etc. can only raise the value over the less-expensive model by a small margin. Thanks for confirming my (educated) hunch.

davidoloan likes this.
  14. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Pretty much..have had a couple of the lambo cash grabbers in. It's really awful.

psych0hans likes this.
  15. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    I knew it!

Told my Audi rep that they were all about the same. He didn't believe it. Sure enough similar specs but hadn't had one underneath all 3

How about R8 and Huracan?

16. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Is there a good users forum for the Bentayga I should focus on to learn more if I go that direction? Seeing the recent 2017 buyer flake out on BaT at $85 and then sell at $70k on cars and bids grabbed my attention.

$70k seems like insane value….full disclosure 50k miles