458 - How Many Miles is Too Much? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

458 How Many Miles is Too Much?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MaybeSomeday31, Apr 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Does anyone know noone1 personally? If he has a condition or some type of disorder id be more compassion for sure. If hes iust an ******* then he doesn’t deserve to come back. Whats the story with him at the mclaren board? Banned permanently?

Clay512TR likes this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The root.

We can allow him to continue, but we know he would chide our inner man-child.

I will admit that my immature and selfish side didn't want to ban him. After many members called me out and said I wasn't doing my job, I felt it was time to pull the plug.

That said, there seems to be a cohort that thinks it was too harsh. I'm open-minded, so hoping the next few days allow other perspectives heard.

IloveGT likes this.
  3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Whats this fire-sale veteran thread u guys are referencing? I missed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Here's a greatest 'hits' for you to enjoy. (check out #1 in my list of just 10 examples)

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    That's right. Click number 1, scroll all the way down and you will see him apologized for the post. Have anyone seen noone1 apologize? He did here because his so called joke on the other Ferrari owner's firesale was simply too unrealistic and harsh. The seller was a war hero and needed to sell the house and a meticulously maintained 430. This dude named noone1 basically tried to scare off the potential buyers by saying that the house is so secluded and implies danger because of the zombie as virus is everywhere. His post was removed along with mine that had his original post in it. The moderator then wrote Mike trying to be funny and Mike are you that desperate for a permanent ban.

I even liked his apology post and moved on, then until this last few days when he is out of control. That's it for me. I draw the line now.

paulchua likes this.
  7. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I see where you are coming from. in all honesty, I rather donate money and shows compassion to those frontline first responders who literally died of the virus. I reserved my compassion for something real, not alias and certainly not troll.

paulchua likes this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    That was very tasteless, and even the ’apology’ was a nonpology, why even comment anything negative on somebody else’s advert? Regardless if they have cancer or is a war hero)? I get it if it there was fraud in the ad....

Thecadster likes this.
  9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #109 paulchua, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    My apologies for having this thread go awry @MaybeSomeday31

One thing this display is the outsized emotions (I prefer passion) to the brand engenders. I love this about Ferrari. Even folks that denigrate it do so with gumption unheard of for most other makes.

That said, look forward to hearing your journey and your thoughts as this thread hopefully gets back on track.

I sometimes wonder if perhaps I shouldn't be a moderator considering I often can have my own biases affect my judgment, I am human after all, but I do try my best to be impartial.

While I engaged in battles with @noone1 for years, I never banned him, because I felt it could be an abuse, and I was entertained by his nonsense.

However, when many members approached me with sentiments like this, it made me think perhaps my desire not to abuse the ban stick married with the fact that I enjoyed sparring with @noone1 was clouding my judgment?

So for those others not happy with the @noone1 ban @SVCalifornia @LVP488 @Jaguar36 @Tu160bomber @Shadowfax @WestCoasta @Ianjoub & @Vette2Modena please read my rebuttal here first, and if you still disagree, PM me, Rob, or any other moderator.

Otherwise, I will take your silence as a sign of concession.

10. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    My position:

I didn't read anything in this thread which I found offensive.

I will always support others right to express their opinion (though I know the 1st Amendment only is to prevent the government from doing so and does not apply to private venues such as this).

When I read these forums, I specifically don't look to see who is posting most of the time because I do not want it to cloud my interpretation of what was typed.

The ignore function is always available. I have been a very active member of countless forums over the years and have never used that particular function though.

paulchua likes this.
  11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #111 paulchua, Apr 29, 2020
    Thanks Ian, Agreed that this thread by itself doesn't warrant a ban, however this thread (which you yourself described as eye-scratchingly bad) in addition to the totality of @noone1 tenure here? It's good having you on the record if you think @noone1 should be lifted, I consider all POV, and having sizable support for @noone1 in the community does matter in my opinion and helps bolster @noone1's case for reinstatement.

Again, if after reading my rebuttal here first for context, any others that would like to have @noone1 back? I'm not being sarcastic, it is being seriously considered.

Thecadster likes this.
  12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #112 ttforcefed, Apr 29, 2020
    reread the tdf price thread - i just reread it the whole thing. the guy has deserved a permanent ban for a long time. anyone who wants to defend his honor shld have to provide clear examples of where he has been additive just as we have done showing he has been unequivocally destructive. in sept 2109 people were calling for his permanent ban

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/f12-tdf-worth-asking-price.606204/

paulchua likes this.
  13. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    So you stiiill dont get it or are you being a smart ass?

I care NOTHING about what you do. (and thank your oh so much for that respectful attempt at being unbiased)......

I cant believe how much time you guys have wasted on your feelings about this guy. Hes a troll(your guys word)! You guys hate him so much bc you cant help yourselves from getting SUCKERED in. WHY DO YOU GUYS ENGAGE WITH HIM?!? At least Paul finally admitted that he enjoys stirring the pot just for the sake of arguing (super unbecoming of a moderator imo...and a pattern, i too, have experienced with PaulCha). Read the kids stupid comment, or not, and move on...

That said, Paul....dont tag me in anything. Ignore my posts & replies, just pretend i dont exists to you, please. Im gonna figure out how to ignore your account just the same and that should be it for our interaction. Being a moderator, i get that you stick your nose in everyone business....but please stay out of mine and dont include me in yours.

(Btw...cant say i didnt LMAO when the scud seller came back on TO AGREE with nooone1s JOKE about the apocalypse... 'told ya it wasnt as bad as you made it out to be:)
    "Erroneously makes fun of a Fchat member and Vietnam War veteran's war wounds when he needs to sell the car due to his previous injuries of said war." You should work for the mainstream media... If you really believed that angle/title you are laughable SJW. You might as well just make up a lie from scratch. The War vet you referenced wasnt even offended...HE read it as a joke...and youre still trying to play this narrative?? What the hell is your deal? Show the gentleman some respect....if he was wronged, he has the spine to defend himself!

So, go a head....send me your dumb ass snarky response and ill ignore it and move on. You can have the final word...
    Just please, go away, Paul.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Oh **** off with this being "SUCKERED IN"

@wEsTCoASTa is mad that somebody responded to his post negatively by saying you shouldn't get mad when somebody responds to your post negatively.

Oi Vey!

See above @wEsTCoASTa?

I'm saying "F" off to you on a post where you're defending somebody saying "F" off to somebody like you.

See what I did there?
    :)

Some folks are very confused in this world who their true friends and real enemies are, aren't they?

15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    OMG, he's referencing the thread where @noone1 proclaimed what I call the "fantastical three?"

For cars @noone1 proclaims:

1) The weight doesn't matter
    2) Miles don't matter
    3) Infinite timelines

That thread?

ttforcefed likes this.
  16. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Paul, et al

I don’t have any horse in this race. I don’t take no one particularly seriously. I have seen his participation in **many** threads and I pass on his BS as much as anyone else’s.

Some folks are obviously very informed. A few are even helpful. Many are less so. I can judge how much weight to give them.

**I don’t have to agree with any of them!**

So unless no one has violated specific rules he is within his right to state his opinion. He rarely is angry or lashes out at folks, that I can recall. But that would constitute a rules violation. But I can’t say that for those that have a strong reaction! They just skirt or cross a line in my opinion. But it is not my call.

But I’m not trying to make any of these forums just for those of a particular viewpoint. Certainly not all viewpoints are equal or welcome but being open minded means letting folks say their piece as long as the rules are adhered to.

Shutting folks down just because they won’t bend to your argument isn’t helpful. It’s a bullying behavior. No one needs to believe or even listen to “Noone”. Getting riled up over most of his comments is juvenile in my view.

But look at the brouhaha all of you have engendered. He became the thread! Is that really what you want? And the energy consumed is useless. In my view several folks became the worst versions of themselves. Not a good result.

All because they read his posts and responded when they didn’t need to!

I don’t know what Noone’s intentions are and I don’t care to know. Sure he has a mostly uninformed opinion. His humor is uneven at best. But this describes a lot of folks. And maybe he has a condition, who knows.

But watching a bunch of folks gang up because they don’t like what he says is bullying. I know **that** never happens on the internet! And parenthetically I think your own interactions with him are far more than I would do myself! I would just let him be.

They say bullies are really just cowards. Cowards turn and run when they don’t get their way. I think smart folks should be better than this...

However objective violations are worthy evidence. No objections from me about enforcement! There have been plenty of violations particularly of the personal insult variety. Perfectly fine responses.

So I’m not advocating for the guy’s contributions. I discount most of it. But he doesn’t have to make me happy. And I don’t have to take him too seriously. Shoot I’ve been even know to jump over some of his posts! My choice.

I would’ve thought that bit of self regulation would apply to everyone.

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boomhauer, WestCoasta and paulchua like this.
  17. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    "
    How Many Miles is Too Much?"

This thread has done too many miles.

Gh21631, m5shiv, PTG1 and 5 others like this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Keith, your post and reply are most appreciated. I felt the sincerity and thought it heartfelt.

There are two points you laid out that particular spoke to me.
    1) Bullying
    2) Development into silly banter

For bullying,
    At the face of it, you are right, however as I said earlier, does trolling a troll equate to bullying?

In essence, do you feel somebody that kidnaps a person shouldn't be put in jail themselves since nobody should be captured and held against their will?

For mud-slinging,

I sympathize with the "ignore" approach and be the better person mindset.

However, the fact you felt compelled to respond and engage in the shenanigans have shown the logical inconsistency of your suggestion.

The mere act of getting involved shows the disruption is done, when you can quickly have taken your own advice.

Do you not agree?

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    "If you just want an exotic and you're not set on a specific one, why on Earth would you recommend a F430 in 2020"

paulchua likes this.
  20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Don't forget @noone1 said that anybody that owns a 360, owns a crap car. (on a Ferrari chat board?) who does this?

Is this a good example of how jerks, a-holes, dictators, and megalomaniacs, can gain so many loving followers?

Like I hear many women want to marry mass murdering rapists in jails. It's a real thing.

I wonder....

Some folks defend the person that calls out jerks, some folks defend the jerk.

Odd huh?

21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    mind boggling.
    under 100K i wld say the 360/430 are the most amazing exotics available....wtf do i know
    oh the problem is he has never driven (nevermind owned) one...

paulchua likes this.
  22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    did someone say he owned a 12c? looks like it was in like 2013? so at 25 he had a 12c and at 32 he as nothing? is that accurate?

paulchua likes this.
  23. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I understand your points about bullying. The last thing I would ever want to be is a bully. That said, the core problem is he provides almost no value add, and very few people like him. Surely he bears some responsibility for getting along with others? Shouldn’t he be building relationships and alliances? Maybe extend the occasional olive branch? I teach my kids that “sparkle” is more important than education, grades, credentials, etc. If a person has “sparkle” they can get whatever they seek. Sadly, Noone has precious little “sparkle” and makes no attempt to hide that shortcoming.

paulchua likes this.
  24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    hes from LA and noone knows him personally? is there anyone who can vouch personally? is he a fantom?

25. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Shut this thread down. He is banned. No reason to revisit or dwell on it further. its done and it was the right call.

PTG1 and IloveGT like this.