I think you were bidding on the 575 6spd on BAT today? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

I think you were bidding on the 575 6spd on BAT today?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by hankcinq, Apr 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Brad, while I also agree the overall market is declining, I think a 575 manual will always bring a decent premium over a paddle flopper. (25% to 50%)

root, GatorFL and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  2. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Dude i don't set the market price for what a mint SL500 sells for what are you so bitter about, i dont get it, its like some guy with an SL500 slept with your wife or something, contrary to popular belief I personally do not set that market rate that you rant about, again another 4k mile one sold for $43,500 + 5% a week ago on BAT. Yes 200,000 were made but how many are in perfect shape still, not many, if you found a z71 tahoe from the 90s with 5k miles it too would be very expensive bc not many exist

no offense brad but you're quite ignorant on what makes certain things valuable to some people. You're absolutely right there's countless crappy R129 SL500 cars with 200k miles for $4k, but nobody is throwing that in their collection. You realize there's collectors out there right, they want good cars. My dad has a warehouse in houston with countless old cars in it, you think he just has crappy cars in there? They're all excellent cars.

GatorFL likes this.
  3. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Premium yes, decent no. when 575s are all selling for 70-80 grand, a manual may pull an extra 5 or 10 over. I wouldn't call that much of a premium. Just like low mileage didn't pull that much of a premium over average clean cars before this nightmare began in 2014.
    There are TONS and i mean TONS of sub 50k and 20k mile R129s in mint condition and plenty more with little to no miles too. The fact that an r129 has no miles and is mint doesn't mean squat. It only did during the bubble because plenty of people such as yourself were stupid enough to buy into the fad. Which was "anything with low mileage is rare" and demands 5x the price. It was a facade. Nobody cares about the "higher condition" of cars your dad has and car collectors such as your dad make up a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population that would be willing to overpay for cars like that. If they want to get ripped off and can afford to so that's their business.

I'm 100 percent aware of why things are valuable to some. And I'm also 100 percent aware that those things that you mention are not worth the INSANE premium that the sheep have been paying over the past five years and never were.

4. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    LOL what world do you live in, I just sold my 575 F1 for $87k please find me a manual with a clear title for $92k to $97k and im in, mine had 22k miles.

Please and thank you

O thats right its not that easy to find one bc only 80 were made.

I don't get why you get so worked up on how others spend their money brad, lifes short why bother yourself with what others do? You sound heated over really nothing.

blvckintl and Texas Forever like this.
  5. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

So go get a loan through your daddy, buy them all up for 4x the price of standard 575, and then get back to us in 2 years. Let us all know how that financial decision worked out for you :)

6. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I really dont get the point of your rambling, you look and sound silly, all of us are car people in here and every last one of us but you knows a manual 575 is pretty rare and not worth $5 to $10k premium, like I said find me a single 575 manual thats a $5k premium over an F1 and I will give you a finders fee. Happy to do it, you say they're plentiful.

I don't personally call 80 total cars plentiful but whatever

7. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    As an astute collector, how much did you make on the car listed in this ad?

8. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    Maybe the 575 is an example of how to get a 95k donor car for 20k and line up the next buyer for the "extra bonus restoration" all in one messy transaction. Don't see how you can be sure the car you are paying 80k for has all the same bits it went out to California with.

Or maybe this is one of those Miami vice cars. Hot tip on some product hidden under the seats worth more than 20k.

9. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Just trying to make the dumpster fire of a thread even spicier. It's been pretty entertaining so far.

nicholasn and 19633500GT like this.
  10. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    @Nownow812 and @hankcinq are both on here. Let's hear the "real" story!

11. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I for one would love to hear it, i still dont know why i was outbid on a car that nobody wanted?

12. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    #112 sixcarbs, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    Asking for price for asking price the spread is much wider than $5,000 to $10,000 over. While we all know nothing these days sells for asking price, you are saying the manuals trade at a massive discount to asking price compared to the F1's.

This is from mobile.de, just now. Yes, conditions and service history varies car to car, and some ads may be older than others. But there is no way a 575 manual only trades $5,000 to $10,000 over a similar condition/history F1.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

On side note, I wish the F1 owners would stop listing their cars as manuals, which they are not.

Despite its condition, the car in question is still a screaming buy at $80,000 USD in today's market. Today, not passing judgment on next year or in 5 years.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    If you bought a car and received a bonded title without being made aware of that up front, you'd be fine? There was no mention of a bonded title in the auction, which is grounds for dismissal of the sale.

15. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Don't bother presenting the information.

Bradwilliams and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  16. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Yup.

At the very least BAT should be made aware of the circumstances.

17. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I spoke with them the seller said he’s going through the deal with buyer according to them. The buyers friend ie the guy who revived this thread, I spoke to him on phone he said they’re paying seller today will pickup car in a few days but in the meantime if I want I can go down see the car and if I want to pay them $80k I can and it’s mine. Just too many moving parts for me, if I could just meet and pay owner directly I’d be fine.

Texas Forever likes this.
  18. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Im not sure where you are getting "grounds for dismissal of the sale" part.

I can understand where people would be cautious and of course fearful of things they don't understand however.

Once the next owner titles it the title won't even carry the "bond" distinction. It will disappear. If you buy a car with more than one or two owners... You could unknowingly have a bonded title.

This goes on... Because it's the DMV the insured and bonded that hold all the legal ramifications of something was done wrong. The car won't be involved. The person who took out the bond and the bond company as well as potentially the DMV that approved it are the only ones that will be on the hook etc...

Of course it would be nice to know up front. It would be nice if they disclosed it

blvckintl likes this.
  19. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Come on! You can't give up now.

This is even cleaner if you can buy it from HeyHey for $80,000 if HeyHey has the title.

I like this better than paying the seller 80 and counting on HeyHey to pay the seller 15.

20. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Hey hey and his friend are in San Fran by you, u wanna meet them for lunch and I’ll send you my check? Lol

21. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    I'll admit that I've never (knowingly) owned a car with a bonded title, or applied for one. I did once investigate a car for sale with a bonded title and was told that it sticks with the car for a set period of time (I think it was three years in CA). It was explained to me that a valid prior title holder could attempt to reclaim the car for the duration of the bond. Maybe that's false information. Who makes the bond issuer whole if it has to pay out? Does their insurance not try to seize the car and sell it?

Anyway... certainly anyone is free to do anything they like with their money. But if the seller of the car is passing along a bonded title, I consider that a big enough issue that it should have been made clear up front as it has on other BaT auctions. By not mentioning it, I feel that is an "out" if the buyer does not receive a standard (salvage, in this case) title, free and clear.

22. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    If I wasn't 6,000 miles away I would.

23. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    #123 F355 Fan 82, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    Regardless of whats real in regards to seller and buyer I don't know but do you think its worth calling CPS on an owner who just abandons such an amazing child for multiple years with no regard?

24. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    Certainly the most entertaining "Other Cars" thread ever!

Good luck to you and Be Safe please.

25. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    So I've had to do bonded titles on race cars before and cars that were used at driving schools and I've had to get a bond etc.

It was my understanding through all of it is that the company who issued the bond has to pay the plantiff essentially.

But don't forget their whole job is to never pay or make it painful. So unless the car was STOLEN and the FBI wants it back and it's some really big deal... You keep the car. The bond company is on the hook but makes the plantiffs life hell to try to collect.

Bonded titles are usually 1.5 to 3 times the cars value.

Rory J likes this.