430 - cigarette lighter too big for charger? f430 spider | FerrariChat

430 cigarette lighter too big for charger? f430 spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by goto35march, Apr 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    i got my f430 spider. and the ciggarette lighter is too big for the charger? I dont know whats going on. i cant fit and changer on there.

does it need to be replaced? Is there a replacement number?

2. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It is normal unfortunately. My 360 was the exact same way, it's a European size. My old Porsche also had this issue.
    Years ago (80's), they used to have adapters. It was basically a shim that fit around the plug to give it a little more size and it fit snugly onto the cigarette lighters of European cars. I looked all over the place for these, and couldn't find anyone that sold them. The only thing I can think of is if someone 3D prints a shim for you, or some people cut pieces off a plastic soda bottle to use as shims so it creates a tight fit.
    Sorry I couldn't help more, but at least you can be happy knowing that nothing is wrong with your cigarette lighter.

3. MJGinTX

MJGinTX Karting

Mar 30, 2019
    Noblesville, IN
    Mine is the same - a little too big.

4. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Charging ports are smaller so the cigarette lighter doesn't fit. The cigarette lighter can draw more current than a charging point was designed for

Manda racing likes this.