10,000 posts on FChat | FerrariChat

10,000 posts on FChat

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by 355dreamer, Apr 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    At the age of 26, I had begun my search for a Porsche 993. Through continued research, I was able to realize that with just a little more savings, I would be able to attempt to own my dream car, a 1995 F355 Berlinetta. Around that time about 15 years ago, I discovered FChat, and introduced myself as “355Dreamer”

FChat helped me begin my search, and educated me on the market and pros and cons. Not much longer after I initiated my search, I flew down to Florida and bought my first 355... a 95 GTB in Rossa Barchetta. As time went on over the next 14 years, I moved from one 355 to another, ultimately owning the Barchetta car, a Rosso Barchetta GTB, a WHITE GTS (which I never ever should have sold), a black 97 GTB, and ultimately a yellow 95 GTB.

As time progressed, I made great friends through FChat, learned a ton about many Ferrari models, became a father to two wonderful boys, developed a successful career in the Medical device industry, and had so many other amazing experiences.

Just a month before my 39th birthday, I was diagnosed with neoplastic astrocytoma. Prior to the ultimate diagnosis, I had a significant seizure in bed, and my wife called 911. Paramedics rushed me to my local community hospital, where the neurologist on-site told my wife to take me home and “make me comfortable, there was nothing they could do...) Thankfully, she had me rushed to Johns Hopkins, where I underwent major brain surgery where they were able to eliminate about 99.5% of the disease.

Thankfully, as it turns out, the type of brain cancer I have is incredibly slow moving. In fact, they assume that the cancer had likely been in my brain for at least 15 years without any symptoms.

Needless to say, this changed my life on so many levels. I continue to receive MRIs every 4 months at Hopkins, and I’m happy that there hasn’t been any regrowth and, my team there tells me that they do not expect any changes for many, many years.

Through out those 15 years, with the FChat community, have helped me develop so many friends, so much perspective, so much entertainment, education and knowledge.
    Thanks to all for keeping the community great, valuable and educational.
    Here’s to many more...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

lashss, Gh21631, vjd3 and 6 others like this.
  2. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    #2 VGM911, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Those of us who have similarly experienced the kinds of serious medical issues you have, may give thanks that we live near the finest medical institutions and doctors in the country here on the east coast. Fortunately, you had access to Johns Hopkins and I have access to the finest hospitals and doctors in Philadelphia. :)

3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Your a solid man, great husband and father! I'm glad our paths have crossed!!

4. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Wow Luke
    I can’t believe I just saw this lost
    You are a legend on this site and yuh ou always found great examples of 355’s especially the white one
    Sorry to hear about your health and serious scare
    I hope the best for you. Stay strong

5. 355dreamer

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    What am I missing here?

6. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    After fedcoin's last three posts, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

7. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  8. 355dreamer

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Looks like the mods removed them.

9. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    355Dreamer, you are a true legend and glad you overcame this hurdle!

Looking forward to seeing you in Montreal again too...

355dreamer likes this.