348 - Rear “parcel shelf” | FerrariChat

348 Rear “parcel shelf”

Discussion in '348/355' started by A348W, Apr 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Has anybody had the parcel shelf behind the seats apart and know what’s behind?

I have a targa soft top that sits there nicely. Only problem it smacks the back of the seats under hard braking; so I want to fit a couple of leather straps to keep it in place.

Same straps as the tool box, so will want to drill at least two holes to rivet the straps to. Not sure yet if I’ll do this on the horizontal carpeted shelf and or vertical plastic covered trim piece.

Just like to know what I’m drilling into!!!!!!!

Cheers

2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Bertil likes this.
  3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    A nice quality face towel, rolled up, does the job nicely. Mine was color matched to the interior. The towel comes in handy for wiping up targa top leaks as well.

axarunner likes this.
  4. fboutlaw

fboutlaw Karting

Dec 3, 2014
    Woodside, CA
    Up top by the trim, it's the firewall. There area a few bolt's that go through (at least on the coupe). You should be able to remove trim (from engine side) and may be able to loop a strap onto the bolt from the cabin side. I wouldn't add new holes.
    The area right behind your seat that sticks out a bit is the fuel tank. Absolutely don't drill into that.

steved033 likes this.
  5. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Thanks all. Link is brilliant; that looks easy to pull off. I can then attach the straps and put back!

I have original Ferrari tool box straps coming, fingers crossed, so it should all look original.

steved033 likes this.