488 - 16M to Pista?? | FerrariChat

488 16M to Pista??

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by plastique999, Apr 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Quarantine may be getting me loopy as I’m itching to make a change in the garage....16M and Speciale in the garage at the moment. I actually have my 16M up for sale, has been superb to own in the last 7 years, and have always been enthralled with the SFII 60ms shifts - rawest and fastest SCT Ferrari has ever made in a production car. Top down with the NA V8 screaming through the S line exhaust is F1 symphony. Certainly not the fastest, being from 2009.... soo there is always the itch to get something newer....Pista looks gorgeous, obviously much faster. But curious also if it drives close to the Speciale in terms of characteristics? Do want to keep my Speciale...it is tight, nimble and glorious sounding with IPE headers back.

Sent from my 16M

2. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    As much as I love the 430 16M's ....these 488's esp the Pista are magnificent machines. It does it all, i.e., looks, sound, speed etc etc.... You are in a can't lose scenario!!! Nice work!

plastique999 likes this.
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I had all but the Scud/16M....Pista is very refined relative to the Speciale and prior gens. Super fast of course. But not that rawness. Drive a 720s and you will know what its like, close enough in my experience. I get the draw of wanting something new.

plastique999 likes this.
  4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Broski, it’s like buying an iPhone...you want to skip every other generation so you keep landing on the “S” model =D

But yes, in my eyes the Pista is one of the best looking post-pininfarina Ferraris and it comes with performance to boot. I know you can afford to keep F40, 16M, Spec and a Pista so go for it, though I don’t think you’ll get the variety your limited time can spare so the Asian in me wants to discourage you from wasting your money. I think you should skip the Pista or maybe replace the 16M with a Pista spider.

My own negotiations on a Pista have stalled...they want 480k firm, and my offer was 450K but they are not budging, yet! So, I’m going to let covid-19-recession continue to run it’s course and hopefully I get my covid-19 special pricing.

VAF84, LVP488, Avia11 and 2 others like this.
  5. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    I would say you have Speciale and 16M, both with amazing sound. Swapping one for the Pista will give you more variety. The performance of the Pista is truly next level (esp compared to 16M) but will blow your mind compared to either. The brutality of the torque from the turbo boost is laugh out loud fun. That's really where it will diverge from the Speciale. Try to do a full throttle blast without an expletive coming from your mouth. I dare you. It is just such a magnificent beast. I say go for it. Keep one NA with the great sound, get one with stupendous, mind bending torque, and then drive the one that fits your mood for the day. Best of both worlds!

One word of caution, don't drive the Pista until you are sure you are ready to make the move. You will not be able to "unfeel" that sensation and suddenly the 16M will feel slow;).

I totally hear you about having too much time on your hands. Seems that is always when I find myself purchasing my next car:p.

Lukeylikey, IloveGT and plastique999 like this.
  6. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Hear me out....add the Pista and then you have the best offering of the V8 platform for the past three generations. Add a CS and you are set.
    A little more work sure but totally worth it

plastique999 likes this.
  7. mattytoe23

mattytoe23 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    F40!

Not Ferrari, but 675LTs are a steal and will be even more of a steal soon. I’d personally wait for the Pista prices to come down more, but hey it’s the best car new car out there so can’t go wrong!

plastique999 likes this.
  8. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    this is an interesting video:

NürScud likes this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Due to Harris's checkered past relations with Ferrari and Lamborghini, he has developed a decidedly favourable disposition to anything McLaren. He extols the virtues of the 720S as possibly the perfect supercar and prefers the 600LT over the Pista. Modern Ferraris have fallen out of favour whilst developing a sudden affection for the 430Scud.

FDP and Boomhauer like this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I would say keep the 16M, sell the Speciale and get a Pista. Of the V8 VS cars, I think the 16M is the most unique. Like I told one of the guys at the dealer the other day, one of the things I liked about the Pista Spider was that it made me think of the 16M for all the right reasons. I might take some flack for this, but I don't think the Speciale represents the V8 VS family as well as the other cars of that lineage. The 458 Speciale is a great car and it solved a lot of the issues with the 458, but for me it doesen't stand out as much as either the Pista or Scuderia. Keep the 16M and exchange the Speciale for a Pista.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Art138, Thecadster, Gh21631 and 2 others like this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I think he (and others) change their minds as they experience different things. You can make an argument for all the above, just depends on your mood I guess.

Boomhauer and Shadowfax like this.
  12. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    money aside, yes.

13. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    Not sure where you are located.
    FYI: Ferrari of Atlanta has a Pista on their website. >500K sticker. I have seen it and it is a pretty car.
    Fuji over red leather. Heavily optioned. Down to 449 from 549.
    Best
    Randy

Thecadster and plastique999 like this.
  14. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I see it, I’ve emailed my contact info. I’m in SF & will buy from anywhere w covid19 specials lol. Carbon wheels hot dayum.

I think plastique is much more of a white rari fan than I am though lol.

plastique999 likes this.
  15. Randyslovis

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    I am not a Bianco Avus fan. Ferrari white too stark to me. Fuji is "creamier" and metallic Bianco Italia kinda shimmers so I really like them both. For $0 upcharge on a car like this I am happy to get 30K paint.
    I believe owner is a Challenge car guy. No idea if Pista A or other car inbound as reason for quick drop in price.
    Best

16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thecadster and plastique999 like this.
  17. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Yes I was curious why you sold your Pista so quickly...interestingly I felt this way about my Performante - super fast but didn’t feel as raw...
    I fear then the Pista may feel too refined?

Sent from my 16M

18. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Ya know me well brotha....and sound advice...wise guy in me says wait.....passion says pull the trigger lol

Sent from my 16M

19. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    “Steering is numb in the Pista...”
    Is this true??!

Love Harris’ comment: “We need another Lotus Elise moment ....”
    Man of my heart.

Sent from my 16M

dustman likes this.
  20. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    If you found the Perf to be too refined, by no means should you get a Pista without a good solid test drive. I knew in the first 2 minutes as there is just no comparison for the sound rush of the Perf or 458 or V12’s etc. I would say the Pista was like my 488 tuned an extra 25%. For some that’s awesome. Wasn’t for me.

Coincid, Thecadster and plastique999 like this.
  21. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    You just want me to catch up to your F ownership so I can post more

Sent from my 16M

22. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    God, I love this car!

Sent from my 16M

Thecadster likes this.
  23. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    That’s a good looking car and a screaming deal
    May be a good excuse to take a little trip over to Atlanta for a test drive…

24. Randyslovis

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    FYI: Dan Burris and Michael Mills at FOA are stand up guys.
    I have purchased 5 cars from them.
    Most recently FOA won service department of the year from Ferrari. Thomas their senior tech has been to the Ferrari SpA world finals in Abu Dhabi in years past. He does Classiche stuff all day. Plus, he says (modestly after I saw him do 3 - F40 partial rebuilds) he has worked on more F50s than F40s.
    Michael Roth my service advisor has also been a pleasure to deal with.
    Best

Thecadster likes this.
  25. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    nothing better than spending other people's $!!