Spacers on a 599 GTB | FerrariChat

Spacers on a 599 GTB

Discussion in '612/599' started by F3RN4ND0, Apr 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F3RN4ND0

F3RN4ND0 Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    F3RN
    Hi there guys,
    I've never being keen on installing spacers in any of my previous cars.
    But, some months ago, I tried the factory option 5mm spacers on my 2007 Porsche 997.1 4S MT and, to be honest, the result was nice.
    Noticeable for the eyes, no meaningful change in driveability that I can recall.

Having said that, and given that lockdown is providing us with too much time to think .. mmm have any of you tried spacers on the 20" OEM Challenge wheels?

Whats your opinion about it ?
    Hill Engineering provides some 11mm ones.
    Aesthetically they could improve some angles and pose, I guess. I also imagine they would increase the, how is it called? suspended weight? making the suspension feel softer.

Any feedback is appreciated.
    Thanks! and keep safe.

2. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have the 11mm Hill spacers on my 599 and like very much the way they help "fill" the wheel wells.They will increase the track on both axels and add a bit of unsprung weight but I don't drive 9 or 10/10ths on public roads so I have felt no noticeable seat of the pants difference. Mike

3. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    #3 open roads, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    Hi guys. Thanks for this info. I just happen to be looking for the same thing. I've never run spacers before. But wil try them on this car.

Wow. I just looked on ebay. And there are 20, 25, or even 30mm for the 599.

Would like to see what they look like. And will they function properly? Have adequate clearance.

4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Look into spacer type. Type 1 usually any size goes over studs or bolts through studs. Type 2 25mm+ bolt to hub and bolts through wheel on spacer. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. I would only use a hub centric spacer regardless. If using type 1 for over 20mm make sure the bolts or studs are very high quality like the ARP studs ment for that purpose. Type 1 puts more stress into the studs or bolts. Type 2 distributes stress and is really a hub extension. Both need to be of the highest quality to support the loads.

open roads likes this.
  5. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Hey Mike, How about a picture? I'd like to see the 11mm spacers.

6. F3RN4ND0

F3RN4ND0 Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    F3RN
    Yes please Mike!
    Some pics!

7. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
  8. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Guys, look to page 16 in this section.First post is picture of my car.I think it looks better in real life. I apologize in that I stated 11 mm for the spacers and it actually has 15mm on all 4 corners.I think it looks just right. Mike

9. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just realized that pages change. Look for ,First Drive, by Afwrench, me. First picture is my car with 15mm spacers all around.Sorry for any confusion.Mike

10. F3RN4ND0

F3RN4ND0 Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    F3RN
    Amazing cars and specs, Mike.
    Thanks!