2020 silly season | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2020 silly season

Discussion in 'F1' started by Mitch Alsup, Mar 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    for fun, how does everyone think the driver market will settle for 2021?

2. Good question. Gimme 8 months to think about it and I'll let ya know...... :)

3. Good question. Gimme 8 months to think about it and I'll let ya know...... :)

4. #55 lorenzobandini, Apr 24, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    I don't understand why I end up with dupe messages when I only hit post once. This time I got three and coulfd only delete one. Is it my comp or somewhere 'tween here and there? 'Been happenin' a lot lately.... 'Admittedly (and obviously...) not comp savvy.

edit: A key clue is 'only happens at FC.....

5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    You probably exceed the apostrophe limit.

6. 'Shoulda' known that's gotta' be it!!!

7. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Vettel rumors increase: the latest is that contract talks have come to an end, and Vettel and Ferrari will part ways at the end of 2020.

https://t.co/vflq8RZiIa?amp=1

444sp likes this.
  8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    A shame, I had high hopes for Vettel at Ferrari but sadly inherited Alonso's team of incompetent pizza enthusiasts and a dreadful blame culture leading to constant changes within the team.

My guess is Ferrari to get Sainz...A good driver & number 2. It really should be Ricciardo IMO, but too much competition for Leclerc.

greg328 and DF1 like this.
  9. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    If true, then it looks like Sainz could take Seb's spot.

Possible on Ricciardo.....

DF1 likes this.
  10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Happy to see either one given Vettel seat.................

greg328 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Vettel was just a one trick pony; he never managed to repeat at Ferrari the success he had at Red Bull.

Now retirement is the logical next step, unless he doesn't mind more humiliation coming his way.

greg328 and DF1 like this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Sainz doesn't have a bad drive at McLaren.
    Ricciardo, on the other hand, needs to get out of Renault ASAP before he is totally spent !

DF1 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  13. DF1

Autosport asks -
    Can Renault convince its biggest asset to stay?

I think Ferrari has now answered this question lol. I think we see Ricci in red! :)

14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Just swap Vettel with Ricci , or Sainz.

Can you imagine Vettel being schooled by Lando ? or Ocon?;)

15. DF1

Yes and enjoying the resultant fireworks!

16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yeh lots of toys n prams involved:eek:

Nembo1777, william and DF1 like this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    What would Vettel bring to McLaren?

18. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Hamilton or Riccardo.

BillyD likes this.
  19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Huge ego plus a salary bill to match...talent not so much.

After Nando i think Macca would be rather shy away from that type...

william likes this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Turrini claims Ricciardo to McLaren is already agreed
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/daniel-ricciardo-mclaren-2021/

Long-time Formula 1 journalist, Leo Turrini, has claimed Daniel Ricciardo has already agreed a move to McLaren to replace Ferrari-bound Carlos Sainz.

The confirmation of Sebastian Vettel’s exit from Ferrari at the end of the year will having a ripple effect on the rest of the 2021 grid and it appears some of jigsaw pieces are already falling into place. Soon after the joint announcement from Vettel and Ferrari, Sainz quickly emerged as the leading candidate to replace him and his father did say that “things are moving” quickly.

Sainz’s departure then creates a free space at McLaren alongside Lando Norris, and Vettel and Ricciardo have been top of that particular shortlist according to the rumour mill. Whilst discussing Sainz’s Ferrari move, Turrini mentioned that, according to his sources, McLaren already has an agreement in place with Ricciardo, whose current Renault deal expires at the end of 2020.

“Sainz is a solid driver,” Turrini told Italy’s Radio 24. “But it must also be said that in several years he has achieved just one podium, even if he has never had great means available to him. It is not the name that warms the heart.
    “Ricciardo? It seems he has already signed with the McLaren.”

If all these pieces do indeed fall into this particular order, then Vettel, once again, and Fernando Alonso have been linked with the Renault seat.

Sky Sports pundit, Martin Brundle, recently predicted that Sainz would move to McLaren, Ricciardo takes his spot and one of either Vettel/Alonso would join the Enstone team.

21. DF1

Formula 1: Ferrari to sign Carlos Sainz as Daniel Ricciardo set for McLaren - https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/52627900

Carlos Sainz is poised to replace Sebastian Vettel at Ferrari and Daniel Ricciardo is set to replace the Spaniard at McLaren.

Talks to seal the two moves are ongoing and no final agreements have been reached, but they are expected to be concluded and announced this week.

McLaren have been chasing Ricciardo for some time and his signing is a coup.

But they must release Sainz from his contractual obligations before signing the Australian.

Sainz had been in negotiations to stay with McLaren beyond 2020 but the appeal of joining a top team has convinced him to move.

william likes this.