Newbie with exhaust question(F12) | FerrariChat

Newbie with exhaust question(F12)

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Phillychoi, Apr 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Phillychoi

Phillychoi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2020
    Lansdale, PA
    Hello guys, I'm newbie here and also new to the Ferrari world. I just traded in my Mclaren 570s with beautiful F12 Berlinetta. I know they are totally different cars in every aspect. I love very nimble and race car feeling of 570s but the sound of NA v12 ferrari is sold to me. That being said my first mod would be the exhaust. I want to keep my rear box stock and do only downpipes and X-pipes. I'm thinking Kline cat delete and X-pipe. Anyone running catless and X-pipe with stock rear box? How loud are they? If too loud, how they compare to 200 cell sport cats? I know that I need a tune or spacers with built-in cats if I go catless for CEL elimination. Please advise. Thanks!

colonels likes this.
  2. NYBeater

NYBeater Rookie

Jun 26, 2016
    Congrats on your F12! I too would like to hear some input on this one..

3. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    i've still got my 570GT but hardly drive it since i got the F12. it's so much more comfortable in the F12 and easier to get in and out of compared to the lower 570GT. the mclaren handles better however and feels more planted being lower and mid-engine sitting position. i did the cheap 1hour unplug vacuum hoses on the F12 and it has given me all the noise i need. try that first.

Caeruleus11 likes this.