812 GTS Allocation | Page 13 | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    U absolutely will get a discount on gts if demand continues to dwindle. Plenty of people wanting to walk from pista spiders.

2. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The dilemma for Ferrari will be to decide what orders/volumes they are going to cancel from the 2 ranges nearing the end of production, 812 and 488 and 812, do they reduce GTS numbers now to maintain the VS volumes next year? coupe ? Will they just cancel outstanding orders ? This assumes of course the definitive end of production is fixed for the 812 products. Similar for 488 and Pista orders, many of those cars were due to production these last months, unlikely to see production restart before June, build up the supply chain, and then closure in August. Will they now produce these orders at then of 2020 , or was the line due for change anyway to make way for other new models (SF90 , F8 etc) . Whatever , 3 months maybe unto 5 months of build are lost. Something has to give. There are Pista coupe orders still outstanding . Upside, well we talked about excess volumes, maybe this will make the GTS a limited volume car now . Will be very complex for the factory to mange as so many factor involved, it is not as simple as pressing pause, and then resume. They must be videoconferencing a lot on this issue .

JagShergill, Caeruleus11 and 456-boy like this.
  3. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    #303 leopoldo, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    well ... who will move from a kind of a limited edition pista spider to an almost normal production run 812 gts ?! Me no !

4. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    UK contracts say you can not cancel the order so how would you get around the contract terms?

5. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    That’s true on paper but each dealer will make a decision based on the relationship with the client, keeping them happy for future business etc so they may well release people from GTS contracts. You might loose your deposit.

6. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Haven't seen anyone throw out the possibility of August not being shut down. Perhaps a precedent change given the shut down so far? Italian ingenuity of such sort could be possible.

uhn2000, wrs and Scudmsl like this.
  7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I think that since everyone took a two month vacation already there may not be a month off in August.

Missed this, I agree.

gliazzurri likes this.
  8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I don't think last months in Italy count as vacation....

Sinnerman and day355 like this.
  9. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Yes, far from a vacation but I imagine many as in my neck of the woods would love to get back to operations/work/passion they love etc. Orgoglio at its best to come out of the darkness.

leopoldo likes this.
  10. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015

11. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I'd assume no August shutdown if things get better as many may want to work more and know the companies need it, also don't see huge price discounts on new orders as they will be playing catch-up for a while so there won't be as many available...

12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I'm sure they are scrambling to find a financial solution. Sell everything you can finish bolting together, extend build of existing models, get an extension to GPF date, retrofit GPF to everything on the line, push new models out into production, delay August shutdown to a "family day" months down the line, etc. Got to get numbers up for the shareholders. The inevitable rush to produce when work continues will put a strain on quality control. They need a really good management team to do this right.

13. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005

14. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    Also Worried about quality control when they get back on line. Now that it’s a public company there’s so much pressure to make the stock happy.

15. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Indeed, and August in Italy for families is quite different to other countries. The factory worker is probably dreaming of August and a beach to get them through the confinement and lack of family interaction right now. Also it is when they plan line/maintenance changes , which is a bigger factor , they will need to stop sometime for x weeks for planned maintenance and model change etc. etc.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I personally think they will still need their vacation in August and will have to shut down as planned, I'm not sure the order books are as full as dealers make out, they always seem desperate for an order hwne I speak to them, was offered a portofino at a £17k discount some months ago but, by the time it came I would have only had it for 6 months before the f8 comes, looks like I was lucky as it would have probably arrived at the same time the F8 finally would and could really use it now even if it was here anyway

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Has anyone seen the boot/trunk of the GTS?

18. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Did not find a photo

but

from from Ferrari's website, 812GTS 'luggage compartment' is

7.42 cubic feet (211L)

(Superfast is 11.3 cubic feet or 320L)

so, trunk is quite small!

LMH likes this.
  19. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    IloveGT, Bundy, LMH and 2 others like this.
  20. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    Not really so small for a sport car . 812 SF and F12 are having a real big trunk not normal for sport car . You can’t compare them .I’m used to go to the range with big rifles and a lot of stuff

21. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    When the GTS was first announced I tried to get an allocation. Was told I needed to have an 812 to qualify
    Today I was told they can put me on the list but no commitment on when I would receive the car
    They must be worried demand will soften

22. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Demand has already softened, this situation has just amplified the issue they decided to up the production and change the brand forever

23. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    People may also be backing out. Seeing that with other on the ground cars from various manufacturers

24. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    You will see within next future , many things will change . Economical situation will drop down and many will not be interested anymore on expensive cars . They don’t apply any discount on 812 GTS at the moment but I think they will. World is changed last two months .