100 push ups a day | Page 2 | FerrariChat

100 push ups a day

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by SoCal to az, Apr 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

My wrists and shoulders are tweaky and the perfect push-up helps. As you get stronger the nagging injuries and issues go away.

As for the rest of the stuff sure you can do it and that’s what I used to do - all sorts of different exercises. Today I just do push-ups and the results are better than anything else I’ve ever done.

I guess the point of my thread was that we can make this as complicated as we want which is what I’ve done over the years but what I found is that simply doing push-ups and nothing else gives you just as good results. I guess you have to do something for the lower body and legs so maybe some air squats I don’t know I haven’t done them yet I might incorporate it into the future right now I’m just doing push-ups and have added a plank

rob lay and VAF84 like this.
  2. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Exactly this. I started out doing as many as I could and just gain strength every day

3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    With any exercise, the more frequently you do them, it is amazing how quickly you can progress. Those who have never done push ups can start with 10. If they are done every day, within a week, the amount will be doubled and continually increase thereafter. Same with planks.Start with 30 seconds and in a relatively short time you will double it.Another effective simple exercise is leg lifts. Lie flat on the ground, legs together 6" in the air. Hold for 20 seconds. Then spread legs apart , hold for 20 seconds , then place them together for 20 seconds and down.

Reducing your BMI starts in the kitchen. Healthy eating, low on carbs, especially simple non nutrional ones, minimal sugar and salt and consuming lots of colorful vegetables, lean protein like fish, daily probiotics like greek yogurt since gut bacteria is crucial to overall health and a couple of servings of blueberries, strawberries and blackberries not only for vitamin C but for all the benefits derived by anti oxidants. Seeds like chia, hemp hearts, flax and nuts like almonds and walnuts provide important fibre, protein and especially omega 3 oils.

Never use age as an excuse for being out of shape, or overweight.

So who is going to post the first photos of their body improvement?

Roadney likes this.
  4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ugh- now you shamed me. Lol I’ll post pics this weekend. I have a pic from March 15th. So it will be about 6 weeks after.

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    You probably look even better now.

6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ok- here is the update for today if anyone cares. I figured I’ll try to share my journey- maybe it motivates someone.

Had a long drive from LA this afternoon and slept like crap last night. Got home and almost said screw it to the push ups but then the little voice came inside and said go do your ******** push ups you *****!

First set with perfect push ups- got 33. Then two more sets of 25 and final set of 20.

then 80 regular push ups- (30/20/30). Finished off with 33 seconds of plank.

Next goal is to be able to do 3 sets of 33. Thought tonight might be the night but no luck. Maybe next week.

Time to clean up the diet a little as well. 3 days at my parents and my mom fed me like a pig.

7. F1fletch

F1fletch Rookie

Nov 21, 2019
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    Darren Fletcher
    Love it, totally agree
    100 push-ups
    100 sit-ups/crunches/Russian twists variations
    2-2 minute planks

Coincid likes this.
  8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    How many reps do you do at once? I cant seem to pass the 20 at once...

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I run hard daily, so don't think I'll get up to 100. I also do 50 crunches for every 10 pushups I do. I do want to increase my pushups and crunches though.

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    See my posts above. I started and could only do about 15 at a time. The other day I did 4 sets of 25. Last night I did 33 for the first set and then 2 sets of 25 and then 20.

Now this is with the perfect push up which are harder to do. If I do regular pushups, which I do after my perfect pushup set, I can bust out 40 no problem. I bet if I was to just do regular ones, I could do 50 easy.

But zero chance I could have done this 6 weeks ago. Just set a goal- 100 a day. Do as many sets as you need to to get a 100. Might be 10 sets of 10 the first time you start. Then you will see yourself get stronger.

Island Time likes this.
  11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I was running hard too. Lots of ways to skin a cat and really anything you do will be good. The 100 is an arbitrary goal for me- and if you run, do sit ups, plank, air squats, all of it is good.

But the point of this thread was to share the realization that we try to do too much. We get overwhelmed with this elephant called "Fitness" that we try to eat so we do all sorts of fancy workouts. We spend hours running, or going to the gym or buying all sorts of fancy equipment. The reality is that if you are serious about fitness, you dont need to do much. Diet is always going to be 80% of the battle. The other 20% can be as simple as doing some push ups daily.

Often times doing baby steps to get motivated takes the pressure off and make the daunting task of getting fit much more manageable. Doing 100 push ups in a day is about as baby step as you can get and it will show dramatic results. So anyone who has been wanting to get in shape but are just overwhelmed on where to start- just start with push ups. Later if you want to add other things-fine. But just do push ups, keep it simple and see the results.

rob lay likes this.
  12. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    Alright I am hooked now. Just ordered my Perfect Pushup set. Expect perfection now.

SoCal to az likes this.
  13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    cool. Do it and report back. Just do 100 every single day. No matter how crappy you feel, no matter how tired you are, no matter what your day has been like. Do a 100. As you get stronger, 100 may not be enough, feel free to add more as I have. But start with 100 and go from there. Good luck.

14. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
  15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    3 sets of 30 and one set of 20 done with perfect push ups. Done. 33 seconds of plank coming up.

17. KevinH

KevinH Rookie

Feb 19, 2020
    Lebanon, OH (Naples, FL, in the winter)
    Full Name:
    Kevin Higgins
    I love incorporating bodyweight exercises into my weightlifting routine. Last fall I started doing a weekly HIT workout in amongst my weightlifting and running. The HIT workout (which is grueling for me!) now consists of 10 rounds of 15 pullups, 45 pushups, and 30 dumbbell deadlifts (30lbs, each hand). When I started, it was 8, 30, and 30 airsquats, without weight). So, progress! My goal is to do all 10 rounds as fast as you can with a target of 45-mins, but I'm still closer to taking an hour (or more, unfortunately, on some days). I'm staring down the throat of an upcoming 60th birthday. People ask me what I'm training for? Old age! It ain't for sissies! :p

During quarantine I decided to try to get to a max dips set equal to my age, too (doing them using the backs of bar stools for ground clearance). Still not quite there, but closing in on it. #BodyWeightNinja ;-)

18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

This is awesome. For a week however- try doing just push ups only. Forget all the other stuff. Let me know what you think.

19. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    The perfect pushups are a game changer. So much harder.

First group of 50 took 11 minutes.
    Second group of 50 a few hours later took 19:30 mins! Ouch!

SoCal to az likes this.
  20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Nice! Give it a week! You will be shocked with the oeogress

21. I'm starting this regiment today.

I'm up to 1.

Next week, I may try 2. Every other day.

ttforcefed, Nsd991, schwoo and 2 others like this.
  22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Am I reading this right...you want to do 150 pullups, 450 pushups, and 300 dumbbell deadlifts in 45 minutes? That's 3 seconds per move non-stop...pretty intense if even possible for that duration. What form are you doing for pull-ups? I do full extension and stop all momentum at the bottom before going back up.

23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    New accomplishment- 100 push ups done-

35-35-30. Got it done in 3 sets!
    Followed it up with a set of 20 and 20. All on perfect push up tonight. No regular push ups. Almost skipped the whole thing as I played golf today and was beat up and tired but pushed through.

Progress! Next goal is 2 sets of 50. Hopefully in the next month or so

ag512bbi likes this.
  24. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I’m already shocked with the oeogress!

;)

Matt