Poll: will you plan a trip to Italy and Ferrari again? yes, no, when. | FerrariChat

Poll: will you plan a trip to Italy and Ferrari again? yes, no, when.

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Albert-LP, Apr 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

I will plan a visit to Italy and/or Ferrari factory when:

1. as soon as there will be a flight available

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. this year in summer

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. this year, in fall

13 vote(s)
    37.1%
  4. next year, at the beginning

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  5. next year, at the end

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  6. as soon as there will be a reliable vaccine against Covid available

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  7. only after In Italy (and in USA...) there will be zero Covid cases for months

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  8. never, I'm too scared

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. never, I'm too scared and I will stay at home for the remaninig part of my life: no more travels

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I would like to know if this Covid world disease and Emergency will make you forget about Italy and Ferrari: will you start to travel again? will you plan a new visit to the Ferrari Factory and Italy?

Dai Baracca likes this.
  2. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I will be back in Italy in October to run cars in both the Terra Di Canossa and Mille Milgia and Im looking forward to it.

Nembo1777 and Albert-LP like this.
  3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    that's great! 1000 Miglia is the best historic car race in the world.

D0n't forget the Parma - Poggio di Berceto, the first race that Enzo Ferrari did as a pilot. It will be in October. Not so important, but very nice

Ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

JL350 and Dai Baracca like this.
  4. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Albert-LP likes this.
  5. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Hello Alberto. In January I booked our flights to Milano. We have 4 nights on Lake Como beginning 8 September, then to the villa we rent each year in Pietrasanta for a week, then we have 4 nights booked at the M.O. in Mliano (16-20 September) I am hope it will be safe to go and the country will be again open. If it is not safe, I am counting on the hotels to do the right thing (I have prepaid M.O. and deposit on Como). I don't have high expectations for what United Airlines may do.

Albert-LP likes this.
  6. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I think it won't be more risky than staying in the USA, maybe much less. But take a bunch of face masks with you, as probably they will be mandatory here

Ciao

NYC Fred likes this.
  7. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    I will travel to Italy like I always did, twice a year! As long as I am able, financially, health-wise, and Italy is open for me to go. No question.

Albert-LP likes this.
  8. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    My wife is a quilter and a fabric artist and has made the grooviest (and most effective) masks, so no problem there. We will go so long as the country is open. Best wishes to you all, Keith

Albert-LP likes this.
  9. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    Likely not any time soon unless I decide to replace the 488. Also, have toured the factory 4 times so unsure if I'll ever go again.

10. Sergey55

Sergey55 Rookie

Apr 21, 2020
    Moscow
    Full Name:
    Sergey
    Albert-LP likes this.
  11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Perhaps not a visit of the factory, but a lunch with you is definitively on schedule; I hope this autumn; that is, if "deconfinement" is effective, and no "second wave of infection" does not happen in either one of our respective countries.

Rgds

Albert-LP likes this.
  12. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

My wife and I can’t wait to return. We really hope it’s sooner than later. It all depends on vaccines and credible, effective, medical therapies.

Albert-LP likes this.
  13. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    here medical theraphies are starting to be effective: we see that the daily fatalities are a bit less than one month ago despite the infected number is twice than one month ago. Hope they will continue to slow down again. We are starting thinking that there is almost no risk if you stay at the correct distance and if everyone wears a mask: at that point you just have to wash your hands often

ciao

NbyNW and Dai Baracca like this.
  14. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    speriamo di si!

Albert-LP likes this.
  15. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I have a friend who works as a Jet pilot at Ryanair and he told me he will come back to work July 1st. So they plan a full air traffic for that date. At present you can fly in Italy only for work reason and urgency, not for tourism.

Ciao

16. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Alberto. Is there any long range (September 2020) guidance on international arrivals by air, quarantine once arrived, and so on? Any reliable projections on Americans being permitted to enter as tourists? Thank you Keith

17. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    At present there isn't anything that I can tell you. They are evaluating day by day. I don't think that from July there will be any quarantine.

Ciso

18. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Last minute: from June 3 Italian borders will be open (with European countries, at least, they didn't tell anything about not EU countries) without any quarantine. From next monday everything here will be open, including museums and restaurants

Ciao