F430 Seat Specs | FerrariChat

F430 Seat Specs

Discussion in '360/430' started by fastgman, Mar 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fastgman

fastgman Karting

Feb 22, 2006
    #1 fastgman, Mar 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    On the options for the F430 I am getting some mixed comments about the differences and availibility of certian types of seats. There are the standard seats (no electric, no heat, no daytona style), then if you want electric seats you have to buy the daytona seats correct? And if you buy the heated seats you can only buy them on the daytona seats, correct? But there are also two other types of seat I have been made aware of, there are the sport racing seats, which are carbon fiber, but what I can't figure out is can you get the daytona style, the heated seats option, or the electric seat option on the racing seats? This is what I have been very confused about and no one seems to be able to give me a straight answer. Lastly I have heard but I am not absolutely sure it is true that you can get the diamond stitching on the F430 seats, but once again if you get this stitching can you get the heat, electric and sport racing seats? As you can see it is a little confusing and that is why I thought maybe some of you might know better.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I will try and help you, though you almost got me confused. Lets start with power seats, they can be ordered without daytonas. If you want heated seat you must have power seats. I have never seen power sport seats which would mean no heated seats and since the seats are designed the way they are I do not see them putting a heating system in there. As far as the diamond stitching I'm sure you could get them to do that, the rest of your answer would be the same as above. I hope that helps.

3. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Morrie has it right. Standard seats are available with power adjustment and heat, but sport seats are not.

Gary

4. fastgman

fastgman Karting

Feb 22, 2006

Thanks Morrie and Gary, you have been extremely helpful in clearing up some of my confusion. I really appreciate it.

Grant

5. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    The diamond stitching in that pic is actually on a 612. You can see the back seat in the background and that is the only car that it is available on(If I am not mistaken).

6. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    #6 CDM, Mar 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Your Choices:

Standard Seat
    Standard Electric Seat
    Standard Electric Heated Seat
    Any of the above can have colored stitching, piping, or both

Daytona Seat
    Daytona Electric Seat
    Daytona Electric Heated Seat
    Any of the above can have colored stitching, piping, colored inserts, or all three.

Sport Seat (3 sizes, small, medium large.)
    Sport Seat with colored stitching

Photo:
    Dayton seat
    Note black electric switch
    Note black inserts (no charge)
    Note black piping
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. An-F430-1-Day

An-F430-1-Day Rookie

Apr 11, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Gary Daghlarian
    Planning on purchasing an 05 F430 with Medium Sport seats. Does anyone have these seats in Southern California for me to try them for fitting before purchasing? Thank you in advance!

8. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Was there really an option for small sports seats? I've never come across any and always spec my cars with sports seats
    I would imagine speccing those from the factory would limit your resale...

9. An-F430-1-Day

An-F430-1-Day Rookie

Apr 11, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Gary Daghlarian
    Does anyone have the racing seats in an F430 in Medium? I need to try for size. Thank you in advance!