430 - Remove windshield to fix small rolls in dash upholstery? | FerrariChat

430 Remove windshield to fix small rolls in dash upholstery?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Extreme1, Apr 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I've got three small rolls on the right side of the dashboard. The dealer I bought my car from needed to replace the windshield because it was chipped. They were supposed to fix the dash while the windshield was out, but they did a crappy job and a few of the rolls are still there.

I just bought the billet vents from Riggio on this forum, preparing for this repair.

What does everyone think about me having the windshield removed again, and me removing the plastic vents, loosening the dash leather, pulling it tight, then glue the new vents in?

I know the billet vents are supposed to go in when the dash is removed, but I really don't want to tear the dash apart.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    How much is a new windshield?

3. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I've heard that it's $3000. I was hoping the glass company could remove it without breaking it, then reinstall it.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    I'd take the dash out rather than removing the windshield. Less risk to be honest.

brookliner7 and EastMemphis like this.
  5. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    The ripples are probably still in the dash because the leather cannot be restretched properly unless you have access to the underside of the forward lip of the dash. And, the billet vents must be installed with bolts and that too means that the dash must come out. Not that difficult to do. Lot of info on how to do it yourself.

brookliner7 likes this.