Becker 6104 AUX problem | FerrariChat

Becker 6104 AUX problem

Discussion in '360/430' started by peterdavid911, Apr 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hi everyone, I have a 2005 360F1 with the standard Becker 6104 radio unit and after having reconnected the battery cut off switch under the bonnet and entering the radio code my AUX function no longer works even though it's selected to ON.
    I've had the car 3 years and always use the same iPod and never had a problem before. I used the standard cable with blue and green iso connectors on the back of the unit. I haven't changed anything. I tried another cable and still the same issue. The AUX option is selected to ON as can be seen in the photo.
    Any ideas why it would no longer work?
    Thanks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Just to clarify, when I press the * button on the right side between the CD and Radio buttons to select AUX nothing happens. It continues to play as it was, it won't change to AUX functionality,
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    No idea why but try toggling aux on/off etc and/or a power disconnect/reconnect to the unit

4. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks for your reply, I have done that so many times I've lost count. I have toggled on/off, disconnected the connected power, tried another aux cable and still nothing. The CD and radio work perfectly.

5. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Call Becker Auto sound in NJ? They might be able to give you some hints

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

6. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks Bob, I’m in London, England. I will email them and see if they can help.
    Thanks for the advice.

7. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    You have to either "double click" or "press-and-hold" the AUX button to switch the first time (i.e select CD vs AUX) .... I don't remember exactly but I ran into the same issue after cabling a Bluetooth receiver to my Aux input...

8. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks, I have tried that many times. It's so strange after 3 years it suddenly doesn't recognise the AUX function.

9. Slow poke

Slow poke Rookie

Jan 25, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Try setting up a different “user number” By pushing 1st button on left as in your photo. Then turn AUX back “on” for user 2 and see if it resets. Normally with AUX you can no longer use the 6 CD player in the trunk and it will only play 1 cd that is in the radio head unit.
    Good luck with it..

10. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hi Mark, great idea. I just tried it but didn't work. There's 3 user numbers available. I also disconnected it etc.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

11. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hi Bob, I spoke with Becker Autosound in NJ and they couldn't figure it out, other than to send it for bench testing.
    Thanks.

12. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well, jeez, if THEY can’t offer suggestions, I’d suggest picking up another unit off of eBay or go aftermarket if you don’t mind veering from the OEM look (a cheaper alternative)
    If you do decide to pickup another Becker, make sure you get the code card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

13. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks Bob, the radio and single CD still work ok so I'll just do with that for now unless I fix it or get a replacement.
    Thanks for your help.

14. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Hi guys I'm running into the same issue, I disconnected the radio today to connect a bluetooth adapter from Amazon. The bluetooth adapter is recognized by the phone but I have no way to select AUX. I've used the * button between CD and RADIO and holding it down gets me to a menu where I can toggle AUX on and off, I switch it to ON, then press END to go to the previous menu. Power off and on the unit from the ON button and the middle button does not select the AUX but rather the radio comes on. If I go back to the * button between CD and RADIO and hold that down to get into the settings the AUX is now *ON* so the setting persisted through the reboot.

Any thoughts or advancements that I can try?