Neiman Marcus Is Finished in Washington | FerrariChat

Neiman Marcus Is Finished in Washington

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by fedcoin, Apr 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
  2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    They should've gone public years ago. This news would have skyrocketed the stock. Bad news = gains in today's world.

3. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    They cut me off from their catalog a decade or two ago. It is kind of sad. I remember going to the grand opening of the Mazza Gallerie store with my grandfather back in 1977. He bought some handkerchiefs rolled like cigars, so that was what I would by him for Christmas each year with my lawn mowing money. Sad to see that memory go, but the mall had fallen far from its early heydays. I don't get to Friendship Heights much anymore, but the Tyson's II store always seemed deserted unless they were doing a fashion show or it was the week before Christmas. With Macy's gone there as well, the once "highest end mall in America" has lost both bookends. Will see what happens with the two malls, and how long they take to get reoccupied.

E60 M5 likes this.
  4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I heard the top 5 BIG business, Apple, Walmart, Amazon, Costco and so on do roughly 85% off all business sales. Crazy numbers, they really do control it all. Scary.

We went out to Rolex and Ralph Lauren the other day and Tysons II mall was pretty empty.

5. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'd wager within the next 30 years there will be few, if any, shopping malls remaining anywhere, especially with this year being forcibly shut for months on end not generating any income. Amazon has already taken over about 1/3 of the mall near my house as a distribution center, and the rest of the place went into foreclosure a couple months back.

6. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017