360 - Cheap upgrade to my 360 Spider | FerrariChat

360 Cheap upgrade to my 360 Spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by EastMemphis, Apr 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    My 360 came with the black plastic power steering tank cap, not very attractive. I inquired about getting an aluminum Ferrari one and was told it was $400 or so. Ebay at the time was around $300+. I looked again the other day and prices had dropped to around $200. None were less. Then I saw someone selling an entire tank, lines and most important, the cap for a grand total of $150 OBO. I offered $125, and they accepted it.

Tank arrived promptly and the cap was an exact fit. Yay! Now I have a Modena PS tank and lines. I have no reason to keep it. If anyone wants this tank (no cap), I'll give it to them for the cost of a shipping label. PM me if interested.

Doesn't this look better?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Here's the tank. If anyone wants it, PM me.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Love deals like that ! It always seems to just wait for the wright deal to come along.

3. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    That exhaust looks crazy - what is that? Any sound clips by chance?

4. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    #4 EastMemphis, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    I haven't been able to figure out who made the exhaust. I have extensive records going back to 2006 so it must have been done very early. Each bank goes into a separate muffler. The sound is quite loud and I have to be careful driving in my neighborhood as to not disturb my neighbors. It doesn't drone at highway speeds and only gets loud when I get on it. At 7k RPM's, it's quite a show.

One thing I really like is that it's very small and takes up a lot less room. I can see, and get to a lot of important bits that would be a real bear with the stock can.

I saw in the picture streaks coming from the overflow tank. Never noticed that before even with hours of staring at the engine in awe. Might have just started leaking. Changed the cap and added about a cup of coolant as a result.