so is it just me....... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

so is it just me.......

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Clyde Romero, Apr 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Whatever you say, Cowboy!!!

I must say, say you sound like a very gullible person. It sounds like you are just not capable of thinking like an intelligent person. If you want, I will follow you around and give you advice to help you not make such stupid decisions. My fee is $15/hr, but it is well worth it. I don't think you understand how much money my advice could be saving you. For example, did you know that if a Nigerian asks for your social security number, he is not just getting to know you? He actually wants it to steal your identity. I am full of useful advice like this. Please consider.

2. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Actually, it isn't - it's about having to hide your car collection.

If you have to do that, you're calling the wrong people for service.

Boomhauer, psych0hans and RedNeck like this.
  3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    First off, I'm going to do myself whatever I can...calling a service guy is a last resort. If it's an emergency, there is very few reasons they will ever be in my garage. If they are, we've already discussed price to some extent and that won't be changed by what kind of car I have.

If it's an elective thing, like upgrading HVAC or something like that, then I don't care if they see the car or not, because I've already made them WELL AWARE that they are only here for an audition and I WILL be comparing prices. When they try that "if you act today" crap on me, I tell them straight out, that if that deal is good today, then it will be good next week, and I do not do business that way...politely, of course, because I do understand the pressure they are under and their policies. If they try to "bond" with me by showing interest in something I have, I'll be quick to drive the conversation back to the issue at hand. They are usually good with that, and realize they are not dealing with a pushover. I'm probably the worst customer to a sales guy ever.

I'm reminded of a time I negotiated a price on a craigslist guitar and I went to pick it up in my Corvette, it was a nice weekend. The guy was like "you drive a Corvette and you were talking me down on a guitar!?" I replied, "I didn't get to the point of driving a Corvette by overpaying for things." I'm pretty sure the guy learned a nugget of knowledge that day.

syata, VAF84, AceMaster and 1 other person like this.
  4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Gotta say, I enjoy your threads, but I'm more in line with Ace on this one. If you are allowing yourself to be extorted by a service guy for any reason, it's kinda on you. Gotta do your due diligence while shopping around and flush the turds that would act in an unprofessional or dishonest manner.

Boomhauer and AceMaster like this.
  5. bertha01

bertha01 Rookie

Sep 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    bertha ales
    +1[​IMG]

6. Clyde Romero

Clyde Romero Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Clarence Romero

Funny
    First of all it’s Colonel (retired USAF) ok not Cowboy
    When your ready to do this http://www.airspacemag.com/military-aviation/snakes-loaches-180964341/
    Get back with me ok
    Otherwise your just a scratch and sniff guy on the internet

psych0hans likes this.
  7. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #32 AceMaster, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Aah yes, this coming from a guy who is being taken for a fool by a service guy in his own home....quite the contrast to arrogance you displayed in your post.

And, here's a life lesson for you (this one is on me since you get your money stolen from you by repair men); before you brag and "try" and belittle someone with your own accomplishments by assuming that person has done nothing, find out about them first. That way you don't look like a fool (well, you already do by being scammed by the people you use for services)...however I must say I do find your "holier than thou" attitude quite humorous, thanks for the laugh :D

My offer still stands, but now that I see you're a Colonel I will reduce to $10/hour. Please consider strongly, you are in desperate need of being saved from yourself.

Boomhauer likes this.
  8. Clyde Romero

Sep 6, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Clarence Romero

take care Hockey head
    best of luck to you and yours
    looks like you are going to need all the help you can get !
    wear a helmet
    I did in combat
    it helps !

9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I do wear a helmet. It's part of the rules. Can't step on the ice without one.

10. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I know of someone who was spending about $2 million building a custom lakefront home including an auto courtyard with multiple garages, but whenever he stopped by the job site to check on progress he parked around the block so the contractor wouldn't find out he owned a Ferrari.

Best part was when the architect drew up the renderings for the garages, he drew it with a Lamborghini parked in there.

11. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Clyde and Ace please cool the jets... no need to escalate.
    Differing opinions from two very successful guys worthy of admiration.

Clyde Romero and psych0hans like this.
  12. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    It has been my experience that prices vary depending on the vendor seeing my home and or fcars. resultantly, I have always felt it’s best to conceal those items when seeking a better deal.

For example, the last 5 cars I have put ppf on, in the last 5 years, the cost variation was almost exactly proportional the cars value!

Hellcat/C7 ZO6/m5/E63s/458

Of course, that was prior to reading this thread. Now, armed with new wisdom, I will no longer b a pushover. I’ll tell them how the cow ate the cabbage.

Clyde Romero and psych0hans like this.
  13. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    They just look up your address on google maps first and take it from there.

This is called a "do over" of a brand new floor. In other words, due diligence doesn't work anymore.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

psych0hans and italiafan like this.
  14. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #39 AceMaster, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    With all due respect, I realize you are playing the diplomacy role, but if you take a look at what I posted the first few times you will see that it was nothing worthy of triggering Clyde's attacks. I only pushed back when he couldn't help himself.

The funny thing is I have more likes in his thread with some noteworthy names agreeing with me.

He asked a question, didn't hear the answer he wanted, so he resorted (like a spoiled child) to insults. Did you notice he had nothing to say to the people who agreed with me? Perhaps Clyde has an insecurity when it comes to me.

I made my point, I won't be going back and forth him on this topic any longer.

Boomhauer, MaurizioAM and italiafan like this.
  15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    By the way, thank you for the kind words. You yourself are very successful and worthy of admiration, much more than myself.

italiafan and Clyde Romero like this.
  16. Clyde Romero

Sep 6, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Clarence Romero
    ok so I always wanted to know about hockey
    since you play
    what's the deal with the lines on the ICE?
    and where does it matter?
    I've always wanted to know

17. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Red line/centre ice line that divides the ice in half: if a team, when both teams at even strength, shoots the puck down from their own side of that line and the opposing team has no chance to reach or the puck, icing is called where the play is blown dead and the face off is taken all the way down to the team's end who iced the puck...to either the left or the right of the goalie. If the puck hits a defender, or is within reach of a defender, than no icing. Also, if a team is short handed (killing a penalty), then they are not charged with icing.

Blue lines: the attacking team cannot cross the opponent's blue line ahead of the puck or else that will be offside. The attacking player can straddle the blue line (as long as he has one foot on the Blueline or outside the blue line, then the rest of his body can be inside the blue line and he is still inside). Once the puck crosses the blue line the all/any attacking player can come into the zone. If the puck goes outside the blue line after it has crossed, trapping attacking players, all attacking players must exit the zone before the puck can come come back in.

Unlike football, the entire puck has to across the line (meaning you have to see 3 things; blue (or red, depending on the line), white (which is the ice), and black (which is the puck). In football the ball just has to touch the goal line (it break the plane as they say).

The skinny red lines at each end of the rink are goal lines, and icing lines, the puck must completely cross (as described with the offside above) for it to be a goal or icing.

Clyde, while I have you, I want to apologize for anything I said that may have insulted you. It's not in my nature, my father raised me to be respectful. So please accept my apologies, no hard feelings from me.

Take care

Ryan13, Wade, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  18. Clyde Romero

Sep 6, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Clarence Romero
    first and foremost
    no harm foul and same here Boss

now back to hockey
    so you mentioned a full strength team
    what happens if the team isn't at full strength? anything ?
    and just so you know Chicago O Hare airport is the only airport I know of that has a penalty box! true statement never been in it but I have seen plenty of carriers in it
    also who makes these calls of a puck within reach of a defender? the REF? that's got to be tough call don't you think?
    the same thing with icing don't you think ( no chance of reaching the puck)

AceMaster and Wade like this.
  19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There are four officials on the ice; two referees and two linesmen. The referees have the orange bands around the biceps area, they call goals and penalties. The linesmen call offsides and icings.

Most of the calls are judgement calls, and they are difficult, especially with the speed of the game.

If a team is not at full strength (they have a man in the penalty box), then they are exempt from the icing rule until they are back to even strength. The team that has the man advantage is NOT exempt from the icing rule. The offside rules never change, regardless of any situation.

Clyde Romero likes this.
  20. Clyde Romero

Sep 6, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Clarence Romero

wow yea I can imagine there are a lot of close calls with the speed and intensity of that game
    the linesman do they have the same power as the referees when it comes to calls? or is it just the referees that make the calls?
    so how many guys can be in the box during a game?
    can the gollie ever end up in the box?
    have they ever thought of wiring the ice (lines that you ementioned) and the puck to make the calls easier?
    intresting stuff

21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #46 AceMaster, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    The linesman can only report a penalty if the referee misses it and consults with him to get his view of what happened. Otherwise, only the referee can call goals and penalties.

Goaltenders do not go to the penalty box, a player will serve his penalty for him.

There can be be as many people in the box as needed (up to 10 even, which I've never seen), however only two penalties go up on the clock at a time per team and the remaining penalties get "stacked" and will begin when one of the first two end...for example, Chicago Blackhawks are assessed three 2-minute penalties (three different players) at the same time at the 14:00 minute mark. Here is what would happen;

1st penalty at 14:00 to expire at 12:00

2nd penalty also at 14:00, set to expire 12:00

3rd penalty, although assessed at 14:00, will begin at 12:00 and set to expire 10:00.

Also, there's a twist to that, one of the first two guys have to remain in the box with the 3rd guy at 12:00 because Chicago would still be shorthanded....because if both the 1st and 2nd guy come out at 12:00, Chicago would have too many men on the ice as there is still that 3rd penalty to be served.

They have never wired the puck, nor the lines, it is all judgment (but they do have replay now)...but actually I think you have a great idea...I actually thought that myself in the past (about having a sensor in the puck for offsides and goals)

Clyde Romero likes this.
  22. Clyde Romero

Sep 6, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Clarence Romero
    thanks for taking the time to explain this

yea considering how fast action the game is and the calls that have to be made
    Wiring the lines and the puck would sure make it easier
    At least from where I am seeing it!
    Wiring the puck would not be hard at all
    The US Army has an artillery shell called the copperhead M712
    If remember right it took a 150g hit upon launch
    I know you guys hit hard but I don’t think that hard !
    Could be wrong
    take care and thanks for explaining the game

23. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You take care as well, and it was my pleasure.