Living The Dream | FerrariChat

Living The Dream

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dukester, Apr 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dukester

Dukester Rookie

Oct 20, 2016
    Vicenza, Italy
    Hello all! I'm new to Ferrari Chat but I have researched a few comments and much appreciate this site and all the fantastic posts about living this rare dream of owning a Ferrari. I own a 1980 308 GTSi (Rosso) and like many of you, every time I sit in this work of art it transforms me to another time, place and universe!

I've learned so much from many of you who took the time to share knowledge and information and I'd like to do the same in return along this journey. I accepted a job overseas in Italy last year and after several months of challenges, my Ferrari finally arrived (for the record, I did get to drive it a few times before COVID19 hit) and looking forward to enjoying it this summer. Soon I hope! I also have a Fiat 500 and i'm looking for a bumper sticker that says "my other car is a ferrari," but haven't found one yet. lol

Having said all the above, I am willing to share my experiences with anyone who is interested in the shipping process (preparation, delivery, execution, arrival, claims, customs and maintenance). I am not an expert at any of it, I'm just a regular guy who is living the dream. Any of my advice or recommendations only comes from my limited experience so please be cognizant of that. I can only speak of my knowledge of having lived it.

I've also had the unique experience of visiting the Ferrari museum and Lamborghini museum so if anyone has any questions about them, please let me know. Please be patient, it usually takes me awhile to answer posts but I'll get to them. grazie milla!

thanks
    ciao

open roads and kes7u like this.
  2. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Welcome to F Chat !

Yes I also feel like I'm living the dream every time I drive mine. And yes this community is wonderful. And thank you for being willing to help others.

I brought a Porsche 944 Turbo Cup car in from Canada recently. And frankly, would rather not want to do it again.

But I do have the dream of buying a Ferrari. And having a factory delivery. Oh goodie, goodie.

Mille grazie.