Question on interior color | FerrariChat

Question on interior color

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Citadel, Apr 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
  2. brewsta430

brewsta430 Rookie

Jul 6, 2012
    Hey Citadel,

They are the same. 364014304 is just the interior color code for Grigio Scuro.

3. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    ok so charcoal and Grigio Scuro mean the same thing?

4. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    In Italian, the translation is "Grey Dark". go figure, I'm Greek, but It's pronounced basically the same, lol

5. bluesea

bluesea Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    Grigio Scuro likely refers to the stitching color. I have ordered it on my Nero interior F8.

IloveGT likes this.
  6. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    Ahh that could be. The stitching is grey but a different tone than the seats.

7. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    No such color as "charcoal" in Ferrari lexicon.

All colors are in Italian. i.e.: nero, rosso, giallo, grigio medio (medium gray), grigio scuro (dark gray) cuoio, etc.

When you order a seat and do NOT specify an up-charge stitch color, it comes as "all stitching in same". This means it matches whatever color it is on. Even in a 2 tone interior. So if the stitching is a different color than the seat someone specified a different color for it.

Best

8. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    Hi Randy

that’s strange as the build sheet says:
    364014304 Charcoal

9. Randyslovis

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    Just pulled out my build sheet for my 2013 spider.

I give up!!

They have mixed Italian and US terms out the wazoo. Never thought much about it until you pointed it out. They use Italian in some places, Italian with US translation in parentheses, and then just plain English elsewhere. After 5 cars I have given up remembering/understanding Ferrari's ways!

What I do feel comfortable saying is that they use complimentary/matching stitching unless specified and paid for as I stated originally.

In regards to leather colors as well as paint colors, they have more than you will ever know about. Save for going to the Atelier and looking for them.

That being said, I find going to PPG for paint colors can clarify almost all the different shades of each silver, red, blue, etc.

For the leather, you can Google leather touch up products. Those sites frequently can guide you as to whether Grigio scurro is the same as charcoal. At this point in time I am now no longer sure.
    My buddy had blu scurro interior on his Speciale. It was almost black. On his Pista it is now blu Serling. Really deep navy but lighter than scurro. Net: they have an unlimited number of shades of leather as well. It will make your head spin.

Sorry for any misinformation I may have given you.

Best

10. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Not only they mix italian and english terms, even the italian terms don’t add up. I have special stitching in my 458. They call it “Grigio Chiaro” (light grey) when, in fact, it’s distinctly and conspicuously white.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

11. Randyslovis

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    I just did my own search to refresh my memory.

It appears charcoal is nearly black. Grigio scurro is just super dark gray. (As opposed to their medium and light gray leather colors.)

I need a drink!

Best

12. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Maybe it looks white, but if you put something pure white next to it for a white balance, it may look a little darker than white?
    Mine has silver stitching on black interior. It basically looks white unless I look VERY closely, or compare.
    Just a thought.

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Sounds more like a factory production error. Saw a car with grigio chiaro this past Monday, and that was definitely light grey and not white. I spent about three hours that same day in a Pista Spider with Bianco stiching just 30 mins prior to seing that car. They were nothing alike. The light grey was light grey, and white was white. Did you order Grigio Chiaro and is that shat your spec sheet reads?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    I had grigio chiaro stitching on my 458's nero interior and it definitely was light gray and not white. The stitched cavallino's on the headrest showed the grayish hue most obviously.

rob5819 and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  15. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You still looking for race seats?

16. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    It’s a valid point, Chris. And I thank you for it. But truth be told, for me it’s clearly white regardless of contrast. Photos don’t do justice, but here goes anyway.

At the dealer I said I wanted white stitching more than once. They said “OK”. When I saw the options sheet it said “Grigio Chiaro”. I went to the dealer somewhat nervous. They told me not to sweat it, they guaranteed me it was white, regardless of what the spec said. And it is. Can’t elaborate further, mainly because the end result was what I wanted in the first place.

Kind regards,

Nuno.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

MANDALAY, DefunctNeurons and up4speed like this.
  17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    In Ferrari terminilogy Charcoal is only used as an interior color, and Grigio Scuro is only used as an exterior (paint) color. Whether they look the same or not is a different question ;)

IloveGT and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  18. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That makes sense. You interior looks awes. Very similar to mine with silver apparently white stitching. By the way, the “white” stitching is way more “stark” and harsh.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  19. Randyslovis

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    I looked up the interior colors to clarify my mistake. It was in a Ferrari repair guide looking at original leathers that they have the Grigio scurro leather color. Had I not seen it I would completely agree with you. I know charcoal is only interior. Turns out interior shares this nomenclature. It wouldn't be Ferrari if there were not exceptions to every rule! OR, leather interior info was wrong but doubt it as there were about 30 different swatch colors noted.

Sorry if I am still in the wrong. Just reporting what I found.

best

20. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Interesting. As you said, photos don't do it justice. I have nero leather with:

ALL STITCHINGS IN COLOUR Grigio Chiaro STC1 482
    HORSE STITCHED ON HEADREST EMPH Grigio Chiaro

and my stitching is definitely not white. Much more of a light gray or silver. I had floor mats from Andrew made to match and the stitching is also not white. If i could get a picture that captured it correctly I would post it.

Rob

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  21. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
  22. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
  23. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Looks like you have charcoal interior with Grigio Scuro stitching. Charcoal is available as an interior color as well as for interior stitching / embroidery. Grigio Scuro is available on the interior only for stitching / embroidery and not as an interior color. Grigio Scuro is also available as an exterior paint.

24. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    @Texas2step- was your reply to me and the initial interior photo I posted?

25. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Yes. I was just responding to your question in relation to Difference between Grigio Scuro and Charcoal