Manual 575 vs Manual Vanquish S Review. | FerrariChat

Manual 575 vs Manual Vanquish S Review.

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 21ATS, Apr 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
  2. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    Nice film-two great cars.

3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I enjoyed that, thank you Alan. I think it was done well and of course (spoiler alert) I agree with the conclusion, owning one of them myself.

I never quite got that generation of vanquish/vanquish S. They felt heavy, and not so sporty, but too noisy to be a cruiser. The engine is also peaky, which suits lighter cars like the Vantage, but doesn’t give you the effortless wallop that the 575 has. Ferrari’s V12s just feel more special. Great noise from the Aston though.

4. bruzzifumi

bruzzifumi Karting

Mar 27, 2015
    "...vanquish/vanquish S. They felt heavy, and not so sporty, but too noisy to be a cruiser."

...so...I'd like to choose a "sporty" cruiser, which one would you recommend the most between Vanquish and 90's Continental R?

5. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    All these choices are very subjective. From my experience the Conti is very much a cruiser, and Bentley called it sporty, but it’s a floaty, torquey thing I wouldn’t call sporty.
    The 575 for me is too sharp to be a cruiser, which leaves the Aston. The other way of looking at my comment above is that it’s a perfect compromise between sports GT (Ferrari) and bruiser cruiser (Bentley). But the Aston is not quiet super smooth and refined, if that’s what you want in a cruiser.

6. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I also didn’t get on with the Vanquish transmission, which should just have been an auto. Ferrari F1 better. Latest generation DBS auto is a good and underrated Aston choice, I would call that a sporty cruiser.

7. bruzzifumi

bruzzifumi Karting

Mar 27, 2015
    Thanks, much appreciated comments.
    The "paddle" gearbox is absolutely a no-no for me, so the Vanquish must be a a manual converted one, but I think that I definitively should test drive a Conti R to see how floaty is compared with my Corniche coupè...

8. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I think you’ll find it more driver focussed than the Corniche. But still a very different type of car to the manual Vanquish..all very nice cars, Bentley has a much nicer interior.

9. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Great video! Thank you.

10. Red575

Red575 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2011
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimi C.
    I have all 3 models and wouldn’t part with any of them. I had my Vanquish S fitted at the factory with the manual gearbox and it is perfect to drive. Best sounding of the 3 IMO. Mrs Red575 drives the Continental GT and prefers that over the Corniche which suits me just fine. I enjoy the 575 just for the sense of occasion and the style. Did I say I like front engined 12 cylinders.

11. bruzzifumi

bruzzifumi Karting

Mar 27, 2015
    Great to hear your comments too, thanks! I liked the (paddleshift...) Vanquish I drove, good ride and great sound, but I honestly didn't understood that type of gearbox on that type of car... The Continental R (not a great fan of the GT) looks to me as a more coherent car though...
    For the sense of occasion...a classic V12 berlinetta is hard to beat...I agree;)!

12. Red575

Red575 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2011
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimi C.
    Bruzzi I feel I have to agree with Darius as the 3 cars that you have nominated are just so completely different for a variety of reasons. Each one is special to me and each one provides a different driving experience. You need to drive each one and decide which one puts the biggest smile on your face. It will be a tough choice. I'll be honest and say I cannot choose.

Many times I have jumped in the Vanquish S and just smiled all the way up the road just listening to the sound. The same with the 575 or 512 Boxer. They all just have something that made you buy them in the first place. I know I'm not being much help here answering your question. But I don't think anyone can advise a particular car of the 3 is better IMO. Each have their failings and each one has something to offer that the others do not IMO. But all are outstanding motor cars and we are all very fortunate and privileged to be the custodians these magnificent machines.

Although I dig my Ferrari's (this is a Ferrari Forum) I like many cars and have been that way since I was a small child. I just love cars and machinery and consider most cars, bikes etc rolling art, a mobile sculpture if you will? I even like tractors lol.

Which brings me to a question I have now asked myself in case it helps your decision making process. If I was forced to have to make a choice as to which car of the 3 nominated would I let go in a crisis? (God forbid). Although this has happened when I have run out of garage space and something new takes my eye. (I am by nature a "Hordler" so I find it difficult to let go of any cars in my small collection). But I have tried to ask myself the question.

Here is my final decision after much soul searching and wringing of hands. Probably the one in the foreground, but you would have to pry the keys from my hands after having me rendered comatose due to the consumption of several large Scotches!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Nup I've changed my mind. None are going anywhere. Bruzzie I have failed you. Buy anyone you like and enjoy. As long as it's a front engined 12 cylinder I approve!

bruzzifumi likes this.