Any concealed carry folks here? Holster location in car. | FerrariChat

Any concealed carry folks here? Holster location in car.

Discussion in '348/355' started by jferrante, Apr 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Any one have a good holster in our cars for your pistol? My IWB tulster will definitely leave a mark on the leather if I clipped it in this area and I don't like to leave it on waistband when driving. I like the location so checking here if someone may have found a good solution. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wade, Pis7a2020, Robb and 1 other person like this.
  2. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    i’ve been pondering here what to say.

simply i will say this is the odest post i have ever seen in my history on fchat.

3. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Well you're not helping carry on

Edit, see you're in Canada, forgot no firearms up there
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

LI2782 likes this.
  4. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    correct. the dilemma where to find a holster spot for my gun in my 355 is a foreign issue to me.

but hopefully you find a good spot.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    your ankle.

Robb and jferrante like this.
  6. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Never understood why people post these posts. "Hey look at me! I have a gun!"

Great. Who cares?

Illyria and The Outcast like this.
  7. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    That's exactly it - thanks for confirming

8. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Anytime.

9. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Well I am from Arizona and until I moved to NJ I thought everyone in the US had 10 guns and conceal carried. Then I discovered people are actually up tight about guns outside the SW. The NE amd NW are super up tight about them. I am dead certain he's not showing off a gun... ugh its not even a 1911 not sure that Glock will hit anyone inside 3 feet anyhow.:)
    • I fabbed tilt rails for my front seat for thigh support so I could technically fab a slide in and out holder under the seat.
    • Also the center console pocket where the ashtray is, is a false bottom, you could fab one with a pull tab and then fab a folder under there. :)
    • Also the kick panel where your feet are on the center console is a panel, its empty back there, fab a magnetic panel.
    • Under the dash is ample space for a small piece.

97 Spider, JJ, Robb and 2 others like this.
  10. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Why are you posting if you don't care.

Did you accidently click on this post?
    The title clearly spells out what he was talking about.

So what's your beef?

97 Spider and tatry68 like this.
  11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I agree, some ******* offended by other peoples business and their interests, this thread will be proof that it is a good topic and many of us are interested.

JasonS, 97 Spider, LI2782 and 4 others like this.
  12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I like your location, but I prefer not to have anything in place. My favorite spot is pocket behind passenger seat. Easy to reach and natural movement can't tell I'm reaching from an outside perspective. If someone in backseat I move it to center console, but that is a more awkward position to reach and you have to move your upper body to reach.

Robb likes this.
  13. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Absolutely zero to do with Ferrari 348s/355s. That's all. But it's your board Rob...if you think it's a "good topic", then so be it. I just find it funny. A few folks on the Alfa facebook group would do that. Mostly, it wasn't about the actual issue presented but really a veiled attempt at "hey look at me! I have a gun! I'm so cool!"

If you're really curious about where you should put your gun while you're driving in your car, there is an entire internet out there that's not the 348/355 forum on fchat. haha... That's all I'm saying. How does this have anything to do with 348s/355s?

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    how dense are you? each model car, ESPECIALLY a 348 or 355 is unique and requires different thought where to carry. what is better, asking a bunch of rednecks with 1 tons where the best place to carry a gun is in a 348/355 or do you think the FerrariChat 348/355 forum?

15. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Like I said Rob...it's your board. Carry on.

16. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Good ideas - I am from NJ originally - actually have interest in getting to AZ

Yea I have SS seats, no pocket with the carbon back there. Going to play with some ideas but figured there had to be someone on here who has done it - initial reaction was maybe not lol.

carnutdallas likes this.
  17. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    In my 458, I put mine between the passenger seat and the center console, right behind the seat belt lock.

Otherwise, gun magnets are great! You would need to drill some holes though and I suspect you are trying to avoid those issues.

jferrante likes this.
  18. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ohhh remove the stereo and fab a holder in there behind the flap. :)

jferrante likes this.
  19. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    If you feel like you need this, the question shouldn't be, "where should i locate my gun in my 355/348" but rather, "where should i relocate to?"

20. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Too much gun for a 348. Strictly a .38 Special Revolver kind of car, hahaha. Does not matter where you stick your piece....I have mine out under my thigh if I think I have a need for it. Otherwise I stick it where it won’t slide around.

In my truck, where the big guns belong... nothing less than a .357 but on up to a .50 I have the magnet up under the dash.

I generally just have 3-4 throwaway’s .380 - 9mm for each vehicle. .380 pocket that slides in the back pocket is my usual fare. Never trying to quick-draw. Always thinking way ahead and usually palming it for the need. In 20 years of licensing; only twice have I thought I needed to be ready. But, if you ever do, it is going to evidence locker and never returned, more than likely. So I never carry a nice gun. Fun to shoot, fun
    to own, but never for S-D. Reliable, DA first pull and be loaded with adequate S-D round. Revolver is always Deadly reliable. Happy Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willrace and jferrante like this.
  21. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I think this is a great thread. I don't go anywhere without a sidearm - normally a Walther PPS Single stack or CZ 75. The rifles are in the trunk or storage box. Veteran from the 80's and Licensed since then. But I can understand if there are owners here to who it is a foreign concept.

I carry on my belt at 2 to 3 0'clock position (4 out of a car) when driving the truck, 7 series, or Aston. Not very hard to access quickly if you set it up to work with a seatbelt.

But seats and potential seat wear in the F355 and 360 make it much more difficult. I think door pockets could work with the right setup or in center arm behind elbow in a custom block / bag. Will be interested in seeing what others select. Living in Texas, we normally used the map pockets in the doors with a cross draw.

Robb

22. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I will take a look at the rear seatback in the 355. Thanks Rob Lay.

Robb

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    to be honest, I didn't even catch this thread was in 348/355 first post, I'm not sure the back pocket situation in the 348/355. it works well in the 328 and Tundra. :)

Robb likes this.
  24. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Lot of good points here as well. I am with you on just putting it on the lap if feeling the potential need but the problem with the 348 is the glove box wont hold it, pass seat no good if it ends up sliding to the floor, no door pocket and center console area is decent but not ideal. Something fixed is what my first thoughts were.
    .38 special less my style but is an option or I do what you say and get a "throwaway" 9mm like a G26 that is for this car since it is smaller.

carnutdallas likes this.
  25. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    Well, every car has unique places that are adequate for mounting a firearm. In this case, the OP is enlightening his fellow 348/355 owners with some ideas on potential firearm mounting options.

Believe it or not, I am constantly trying to find adequate locations and/or mountable gun safes for my cars. For example, my Ford Raptor has several locations that are ideal for this kind of thing and there are many aftermarket storage boxes that one can buy. If one were to go to the raptor forum, this is a common topic of conversation, as it should be on the Ferrari forum as well.

Perhaps your dislike for firearms is causing you to translate the Ops passion and conversation about them, for him showing off?

The reality is, there’s is nothing wrong with loving firearms. Less alone, combining ones passion for both, Ferraris and firearms. This is something we should celebrate and not attack.

Ferraris and Firearms....sounds like that should be a new forum thread!

Can anyone provide insight on mounting a firearm in my Pista? I still haven’t even found a place for my wallet and the cars registration/insurance card. Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

carnutdallas, rob lay and jferrante like this.