Ferrari manual? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F140FG

F140FG Karting

Apr 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Ferrari
    They could, but only as a special project. It'd not have more than 600 hp, but I'd buy it immediately if I were asked

2. No-Subt2

No-Subt2 Karting

May 6, 2019
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Count me in on that manual Ferrari. Need to get it early before the price markups.

3. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Should Ferrari go back to manual cars today, I suspect a lot of past models with manual transmissions would take a hit in terms of value.

They would no longer be viewed as special unicorns and the pinnacle of an era, and their desirability, I fear, could suffer.

One thing is to want and buy something that only exists in a finite quantity. If we could simply walk in at a dealer and order one, that would probably change things.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

paulchua likes this.
  4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I "forced" my 15-year old daughter to drive one. Bought her an 06 Mini Cooper. She's a pro now, she does really well. Even got caught on an uphill stoplight the other day. She said, "I'm nervous for when this light turns green." but didn't say another word about it. Light turned, she did fine.

So many parents these days just hand them the keys to the old Accord or Highlander and let the kids go at it. Some even post wanted ads saying "automatic only". I don't get it at all. At least give them the skill and enjoyment...and when they buy a new car later in life, they can get what they want, but they will always have the skill.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

AlfistaPortoghese and Auraraptor like this.
  5. bertha01

bertha01 Rookie

Sep 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    bertha ales
    agree[​IMG]

6. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Disagree. Any new manual car from Ferrari will likely be a limited edition and you will PAY for it. If the 911R is any indication you will pay even more in the used market. All of which will highlight the previous rarer manual cars. jmho

7. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Well it won't be an electric.

And it's hard to say never.

But I'm afraid it's so. ... Never again.

Unless people start really liking the old 8 track tapes again.

Carnut likes this.
  8. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Learning to drive a manual! Like riding a bicycle you never forget.

9. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #34 ralfabco, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    o/t. I learned over the telephone the methods to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission. During the 1980’s I showed up at a UHaul store to pick up a truck. My father told me over the phone how to manipulate the gears and clutch. It worked ! I was hooked and never looked back. Also spent time driving a 74 Ford p/u, with three on the tree. My DD has a 6spd box. A manual will always be my first choice.

Most difficult experience. Parallel park a full size bed dual rear wheel diesel truck, with a manual 6spd. No camera and beeping indicators.

Auraraptor likes this.