FCA Quebec chapter Events | Page 13 | FerrariChat

FCA Quebec chapter Events

Discussion in 'Canada' started by bernardo66, Mar 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    marioz likes this.
  2. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
  3. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
  4. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
  5. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    A message received by the chapter board. No surprise given the current global situation.

Dear members,

We are currently affected by the biggest pandemic in the world and the coronavirus forces us to
    cancel several of our activities planned in our 2020 agenda. This is why we canceled our second
    e-karting trip on March 18. On the same day, K1 Speed announced the temporary closure of all
    their sites in Canada for an indefinite period. The San Giuseppe party was to take place on
    Saturday March 21, that was also canceled by the organizers. As well we canceled our outing to
    the Cantinho restaurant, which was scheduled for March 24. Our big activity in April for the
    opening of our season is also canceled following the Quebec government directive issued on
    March 23.

Our lifestyle is unfortunately changing, and we must adapt to the restrictions prescribed by
    Public Health. We all share the same passion for Ferrari, these cars as well as the Formula 1 cars.
    The Formula 1 season is on hold until the world situation returns to normal.
    We share with you all, all the constraints that upset our daily lives. We hope that you respect
    the directives of Public Health in order to find all of you among us as soon as we return to
    normal.

Hope to see you soon
    Your FCA-Québec Board of Directors

Attached Files:

6. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    For those wondering about the status of the Ottawa Ferrari Festival, the Ottawa chapter board just posted this on thier social medias:

"We have received the following directive from the City of Ottawa and we will have to cancel the 2020 FCA Ottawa Ferrari Festival for this year, we want to thank all the sponsors, FCA members and volunteers who have all expressed their support during this time.

At the present time we are looking at perhaps having a “FCA Ottawa Ferrari Day” in late September to coincide with the Vendemmia Wine Festival on Preston, it would be a scaled down version of our regular Saturday Festival events. More news to follow as we are monitoring the situation on a weekly basis.

Please be safe and see you all in the future once this pandemic is over,

Regards,

FCA Ottawa Chapter"

7. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Can anyone comment on the status of the FCA National Meet at Tremblant in July?

While July is still a way away we are still far from peaking on the pandemic and large gathering events really can't be held until you are well on the way down the curve. Judging by other countries, end of July would be 'possible' but optimistic. In addition Canadian held events are always tough as Americans have unfounded fears about bringing their cars across the border. Tie that with decreased discretionary spending and the event has some major obstacles to overcome.

Don't get me wrong I'd love it to happen and will attend but I also want to be realistic.

8. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    #308 bernardo66, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    Rob, the executive board for the 2020 Meet have been looking at the whole situation closely since the quaratines have been imposed.
    Once a decision has been made, it will be relayed via the regions/chapters, and of course we'll post it here.

Nuvolari likes this.
  9. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    FCA Annual Experience at Mont Tremblant Postponed to 2022

Regretfully, with the continuing evolution of the coronavirus pandemic in both the United States and Canada, it has become clear that it will be impossible to hold the FCA Annual Experience in July 2020 as planned. Accordingly, FCA2020 is now cancelled, and arrangements are being finalized to return to Mont Tremblant, Quebec July 23-27, 2022 for the FCA2022 Annual Experience.

Needless to say, we are very disappointed at having to cancel FCA2020, particularly since there was such strong interest shown by FCA members from all over North America. However, the health and safety of our members must come first.

We wish you all good health and a safe outcome from this pandemic. Hopefully we will see many of you at the FCA2021 Annual Experience in Portland, Oregon, July 11-15, 2021 and of course, for our return to Mont Tremblant in 2022.

Your FCA2020/22 team

bernardo66 likes this.
  10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    My wife and I are so bummed. We've driven our 612 up to Montreal several times, but somehow never got up to Mont Tremblant. We had reserved our room to arrive earlier than the event and leave later so we could spend more time exploring.

I can't begin to imagine how disappointing this is for all the organizers.

bernardo66 likes this.
  11. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    Quite a Disappointment--but probably the correct call in this situation.

Ken Goldman

bernardo66 likes this.
  12. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Thank you both for your kind words and sentiments.
    Indeed it was a decision that was not taken lightly and was given much consideration.

We'll be back for 2022.

Nospinzone and Nuvolari like this.
  13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I just sent an email to the Fairmont. I told them if we are permitted to travel to Canada by then, not to cancel our room reservation. We'll go up anyway.

It will give us more time to explore and play golf! :)

bernardo66 likes this.
  14. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Why not go in the autumn...if they let you postpone your reservations.

The foliage in that region is exquisite.

15. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Excellent suggestion!

bernardo66 likes this.
  16. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I heard back from the Fairmont this morning. They will hold my reservation and at the same discounted rate of CAD 249!

bernardo66 likes this.
  17. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Well kids, with the current pandemic, it goes without saying that the 2020 events calendar is on hiatus.
    And even with the eventual re-opening, we will have to respect the government guidelines regarding proper distancing and such. Hence, events will take place accordingly.

In the meanwhile, the Facebook and Instagram pages are being updated regularly; be it with throwbacks, photos and files from the archives or tidbits from here and there.

https://www.instagram.com/fcaquebec/

https://www.facebook.com/fcaquebec/

As Very Lynn sang:

"We'll meet again don't know where don't know when,
    But I know we'll meet again some sunny day
    Keep smiling through just as you always do"

18. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I haven't heard that song by Vera Lynn since listening to it at the end of the movie Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. Fortunately at least the world is not ending this time. :)

bernardo66 likes this.
  19. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    First ever time I heard a reference to Vera Lynn was on Pink Floyd's the Wall. Being a lover of history, it sparked my curiosity.

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  20. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    A few snaps from our first official run of the season. The Montreal-Island members gathered for a quick bite, and then hooked up with a second group on the South Shore. Gilles Villeneuve's widow Joanna joined us, as well as the local press. This of course, to underline the absence of this year's Canadian Grand Prix because of the Covid19 pandemic.

A big thank you to everyone who showed up.

"We'll meet again...." ~ Vera Lynn

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
  22. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well I just read that the border closure now extends to July 21. The Fairmont is still holding our reservation for July 23, so we might still make it.

bernardo66 likes this.