Portofino - "Real Ferrari"...opinions please | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Portofino - "Real Ferrari"...opinions please

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Adrian Saunders, Mar 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It was nice out today so took the Portofino out for a quick quarantine drive by myself. What a car, it’s so much fun, I was smiling the entire time and I haven’t smiled a lot this week. Thank you Ferrari!

2. ugaen1

ugaen1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    ADRIAN FLORIN
    Hi, maybe the new Portofino model has new improvements. Was filmed a few days ago in tests in central London.

3. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    The Portofino is the only Ferrari I would consider besides my Cali T. Drive one, and the cries of "not a real Ferrari" will fade as fast as the DB11 in your rear view mirror.

Pis7a2020 likes this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Why wouldn't you want a 488, Pista or F8? Have you driven or owned any of them? What about a Lusso or 812?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    #truth

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    To be fair, I have only driven my Cali T, a 458 and a 360. My answer has to do solely with interior room, I do long trips and the true 2 seaters simply will not hold all the gear(luggage, golf bags) I need to bring

7. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I don’t have official data, but visually it seemed to me that the California’s trunk was slightly bigger than the Portofino’s.

I may be wrong. Most likely I am, since I’m trusting my eyes alone and sometimes it’s just not the trunk’s capacity, it’s also about its layout. But anyway that was the impression I was under.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

8. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Out of my 458, 599, and Cali the Cali was my favorite and the Portofino is even better. You can drive the Portofino whenever you want without a care and can fit a couple of girls in the backseats (or children depending on where you’re at and what you’re interests are in life). It was a comfortable, tossable car you could drive 15k miles a year no problem with.

imho most people that say it’s not a real Ferrari have either never owned one let alone driven one or don’t care for any Ferrari made after 1981. Drive one and if you love it get it, don’t worry about anyone else.

wrs, TifosiConch and Avia11 like this.
  9. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    That is not the PortoFino dude

10. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    The factory is not producing PF's for much longer, but there are a lot of unsold ones sitting around at dealer showrooms.

11. ugaen1

ugaen1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    ADRIAN FLORIN
    ?

12. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Looks like the Roma.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

SB27 and LVP488 like this.
  13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Well volume wise they are very close. From what I was explained, the shape of the Porto means that the Porto boot has less height, but more depth. My dealer says that some has mentioned that the shape of the Cali T boot, makes packaging a bit easier - this wil of course make the boot seem bigger.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The Porto I believe, will see an update next year, like the Cali T over the Cali. If someone wants to enjoy this type of Ferrari in the foreseeable future, it makes very little sense to wait for the update. It will launch next summer, and after that, many clients will wait at least 6-7 months for a car. And if you're a new client, it will be much longer.

Adrian, despite the COVID19 situation, it makes sense getting the Porto if you like it. If you're new to the brand, a wait of 24+ months from now if you want the replacement, is not a bad guess. Add to that you don't know what the Porto replacement will be - you might not even like it. We can always speculate and wait for the next hot new thing. If that's you, get a Porto now used, and sign up for the update. Then at least you won't take such a big hit on depreciation.

15. Eddie v

Eddie v Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Utah
    Go take one for a spin and if you love it, buy it. I put a deposit down in September and wondered at the time if I shouldn’t just wait a month or 2 and buy used - I wish I had done that. There were only 15-20 for sale back in Sept and prices were all MSRP or just above. By November there were 45 or so and now there are almost 90 for sale!!

Mine came in on Thursday and got detailed over the weekend. I pick it up tomorrow and of course I’m excited. Of course I love my spec but I’m paying MSRP and there are so many other really great specs available right now for under MSRP. I could have had a car I’d like just as much as my spec for 3-4 months now for less $.

16. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Please post pix asap!

17. Eddie v

Eddie v Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Utah
    Picking it up in the morning and I’ll try to get some up tomorrow. Can hardly wait - been dreaming about this day for 30 years. This COVID crud has put a little damper on it but will still be a day to remember.

18. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Bearing in mind the Portofino was only publicly launched at Frankfurt in September 2017, some cars were then produced in 2018 (despite commercial issues with availability of option wheels etc) and then the vast majority of PFs (so far) were manufactured in 2019 before the brakes were put on all production this year due to the virus. Following the same logic as with the Cali and Cali T I'd therefore have expected a Handling Speciale version of the PF to be announced later this year (along with a special version of the 812 - VS/GTO etc), delivery to then start in 2021 and then a replacement for the current PF to be announced in early 2022 for delivery end 2022/early 2023 (subject to locksdown being lifted). I'd expect production of the PF to slow summer this year as focus is put on fulfilling initial orders for Roma and F8. Similarly slowing of production of the 812 Superfast as production ramps up to fulfil initial orders for the 812GTS. We'll see!

19. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Il Co-Pilota, agree with you and everyone here who loves the Portofino - it is definitely a real Ferrari - but the model is not gonna last. And highly unlikely there will be a follow up (updated) PF.

Adrian, wait a little bit and find the spec you really want. There are tons of PF's building up on dealer lots. Cars coming in for recently-unemployed buyers who have no choice but to lose their deposit and forfeit the car back to the dealer. Maybe it is different in Dubai, but the situation in the US is tilting entirely in buyer's favor.

20. Eddie v

Eddie v Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Utah
    AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  21. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    If anyone thinks this is not a real Ferrari, they are clearly dealing with demons! LOL

This PF is spectacular. I don't think we will see this model beyond this model year for existing orders. The orders in the system will be filled but there will be no more PF's. Nor an upgrade. A shame IMO - but the V-8 line needs to be rightsized, and there are too many models on it. It is inefficient to have to produce Roma, F-8, F-8 GTS, PortoFino, and probably the SF-90, all on one production line. Ferrari is dealing with implementation issues - too many new model intros.

Eddie, this may work in your favor. You will end up with one of the last of a great model with relatively limited run.

Pls post pix of interior.

PS - nice house!

22. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Gorgeous car. Gorgeous house. Enjoy it in the best of health...T

23. Eddie v

Eddie v Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Utah
    I only have 1 pic of interior right now but the CF steering wheel was worth every penny! I can’t believe how nice it is. Hard to see but I had them center stripe the steering wheel too which came out super sweet, I think. [ ATTACH=full]2926222[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

24. Eddie v

Eddie v Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Utah
    Thank you Tom. I first started on fchat about 8 months ago on a different account (forgot my password and couldn’t recover it for the life of me so I started this new one just recently) and you had so many helpful words for me when trying to decide on Porto options and colors. Thanks so much for all your help. What a great community.

25. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Do you mind sharing your options list? Would like to know how much carbon and a few other items.