Random loose vacuum line next to battery | FerrariChat

Random loose vacuum line next to battery

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by niftyfivefifty, Apr 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. niftyfivefifty

niftyfivefifty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2007
    PacNW
    I was working on my car yesterday, and I noticed what looks like a loose vacuum line that coming up from below the fender side of the battery. It is the same size as the other small vacuum lines on the engine, ~3/16" inside diameter. I've attached a picture to show the location, and I can't seem to find any loose connectors to which it would be attached. Is this supposed to plug into anything, or is it an open breather for something else? I've scoured parts diagrams and can't find it documented anywhere. Thanks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Looks like a battery vent hose, which is not required if an AGM battery is fitted.

EastMemphis likes this.
  3. niftyfivefifty

niftyfivefifty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2007
    PacNW
    Aha, great call. Thanks!

4. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    There is just vacuum from the right side plenum to the vacuum tank for the exhaust valves and to the intake actuator that changing the length of the intake runners via a solenoiden valve. If both your valves works and the intake actuator works when you rev up the engine, then I doubt that it is a vacuum line.