458 - not louder, but nicer. What do you think? | FerrariChat

458 not louder, but nicer. What do you think?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ScuderiaCarParts, Apr 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScuderiaCarParts

BANNED

Feb 8, 2013
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Car Parts

Hey guys,

We all know there are a hundred different options when it comes to exhausts for the 458, but Novitec has to have one of the best systems out there.

Our customer has one of the cleanest 458 Spiders we've ever seen, properly cared for AND properly used which is always awesome to see.

We didn't go overboard on this one, Stage 2 (decat) gives a great sound but it is a hell of a lot louder. On this car we went for Stage 1 to improve HOW the car sounds, and not making it overpoweringly loud.

As always we want to hear YOUR feedback, any questions feel free to fire them over to me here or by email (below)

Dylan
    [email protected]

Rory breaker likes this.
  2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Nice sound for sure.
    Hard to tell pre/post as it appears the pre revs were not as high as the post revs in the video.
    I would imagine its glorious when driving!
    Nice job scuderiacarparts!

3. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I think the Standard Exhaust with the Capristo valve control is more than enough to satisfy the F1 sounds that this well engineered car makes. My prior Ferrari cars all had modified exhausts, but my 15 458 sounds with the Capristo is plain music!

Graz likes this.
  4. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    why didn't you rev it for the before like you did the after?

5. Msoldani

Msoldani Rookie

Feb 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    mike soldani
    I had the remote to have the value open all the time and then opted to go the full deCat route. IMO this is probably a better option if you daily drive or drive long distances. It is incredibly loud in the cabin once you straight pipe it. Me personally i love it loud and i can't get enough of the scream at the top with my set up. But i also have a custom set of headphones for the passenger seat because most people can't take it. This is a good middle ground IMO

6. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Congratulations Dylan and everyone at Scuderia Car Parts.

As I’m sure you’ve realized by now, 458 owners are very passionate about their cars. To find someone with the same passion providing aftermarket solutions to our 458s is great to hear. In this case, literally!

Kind regards,

Nuno.

ScuderiaCarParts likes this.
  7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    What exactly is your setup?
    Thank you.

8. eskanday

eskanday Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    Nice, more F1 sound.
    Btw, I like to mention that I recently bought parts from scuderia parts and they have excellent customer service. They answer the phone and emails quickly, call back, very professional.

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
  10. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Sounds great. It loses some of the rasp/f1 of a straight piped car or header/race cat/exhaust setup, but it’s close! Louder and more f1 the better for me, but realize I may be in the minority there. Helpful video

11. ScuderiaCarParts

BANNED

Feb 8, 2013
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Car Parts
    The decat option gives the most incredible sound...but you're right it is seriously loud! If that's what you want though the noise is pretty unbeatable

12. ScuderiaCarParts

BANNED

Feb 8, 2013
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Car Parts
    Thanks for the kind words Nuno, we take pride in spending a lot of time and effort in ensuring we get the very best end result - it means a lot to get such positive feedback!

Dylan

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  13. ScuderiaCarParts

BANNED

Feb 8, 2013
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Car Parts
    We're glad you had such a positive experience! Let us know if you ever need anything else and we'll look after you!

eskanday likes this.
  14. ScuderiaCarParts

BANNED

Feb 8, 2013
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Car Parts
    Such is the beauty of modifying cars, it's totally subjective - no right or wrong answers! Personally I'd go with cat replacement pipes also but volume isn't an issue for me either!

15. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Cool to see sponsors utilizing this platform to inform buyers not just sell to buyers. Topics like 458 vs 488, should I put an exhaust, is a tune safe and how much power will I get etc.....best way to get customers is to just engage in the community and drive the conversation and provide facts/video that people care about and that dispel Internet forum myths. Not preaching, just saying I know I’ll be looking to buy from you based on adding value here and how you carry yourself in the thread :)

16. ScuderiaCarParts

BANNED

Feb 8, 2013
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Car Parts
    That's something we've been thinking about doing for a while! If there's any interest we'd love to start a "Modification FAQ" thread to help people through the process,

We really appreciate your kind words and I look forward to helping you if you need anything for your car, in the meantime stay safe!

Dylan

Rory breaker likes this.
  17. Msoldani

Msoldani Rookie

Feb 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    mike soldani
    I have stock headers, Fabspeed race pipes and an S-line rear x pipe