Sold - 2003 360 Spider F1 Grigio Titanium/Cuoio 27K miles - Excellent Condition | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold 2003 360 Spider F1 Grigio Titanium/Cuoio 27K miles - Excellent Condition

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by jjsaustin, Feb 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I sent you a PM.

Check you inbox

2. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim

Attached Files:

3. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Beauty. What is the status of the clutch/history of replacement?

4. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The clutch and F1 pump were replaced by the original owner under warranty at ~10K miles, not sure that the issue actually was as that is definitely pre-mature. I have about 18K miles on it with no issues (ie. not popping into neutral) and the shifts are very crisp.

I have read some threads here with people getting up to 50K miles (https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrari-360-clutch-life.364839/). My friend had about 40K miles before his clutch started popping into neutral and he drove his 360 pretty hard (he just sold his car). Of course, a lot depends on how you drive it... avoid things like backing uphill in reverse which is supposedly the worst thing for clutch wear and stop and go traffic.

I have only been putting on about 1K miles per year, so I would expect it would last still for a number of years.

5. Gabe O

Gabe O Rookie

Apr 1, 2020
    Beautiful. Being in Austin, I'm tempted as I'm in the market for a Ferrari. Question for you Jim, what's the situation with the Scuderia shields on the side? I see pictures with and without. Thanks, Gabe.

6. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hi Gabe,

Good question. As I mentioned above, the badges are Yoshi badges and that is why I posted a close up pic.

The first 5 or 6 pictures were taken a real digital camera (not a phone camera) at that Church overlooking Lake Travis before the badges were installed. These pictures best capture the colors and probably are a sharper picture.

All the other pictures and close ups were just taken at my house with my poor cellphone camera that doesn't do a good job with color. That is why the leather looks like totally different colors in some of the pics (especially the door panels).

I hope that helps.

Thank you.

Jim

7. Gabe O

Gabe O Rookie

Apr 1, 2020
    Gotcha, I saw "Yossi" in your images but didn't see anywhere that you had added them on, so I wanted to double check. Do you have any driving / exhaust videos handy?

8. Martyn

Martyn Rookie

Apr 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Martyn Travers
    Jim,
    Assuming / hoping the Ferrari is still for sale.
    First time potential owner here.
    I live in LB California.
    Is it possible to call you to chat and to answer a few questions for me please..
    Working from home now so available to chat anytime in the week ahead.
    Thank You,
    Martyn Travers
    310-995-9371.
    [email protected]

9. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Gorgeous car - makes me miss my old 360...

10. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Update....

The car has been sold and is in transport to the new owner. Over the last I had several people reach out expressing interest in the car...

I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 12 years as part of the Ferrari family and met some very good friends here.

Special shout out to Brian Crall who has maintained the car. Incredibly knowledgeable and a great guy.

Thank you all and stay safe!

JRE and sonfield like this.
  11. Martyn

Martyn Rookie

Apr 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Martyn Travers
    Best Wishes Jim. The new owner is truly a lucky guy!

12. v tach

v tach Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 14, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Congrats! The new owner certainly got a gem of a car—he / she must be very happy with the overall condition.