458 - How come some 458’s have this and some don’t? | FerrariChat

458 How come some 458’s have this and some don’t?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Jason B, Apr 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    2011 and got it. Never seen one without it, but usually I’m paying attention to other things.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

2. Troy Slinkard

Troy Slinkard Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2018
    Evergreen, Colorado
    I think they stopped putting those on in mid-2013.

3. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Yea, not in 2013-2014-2015 from the ones I were in.... I think it'd be cool to add it. Anyone advise against it?

4. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Ok, it's 2012 only, the year they won.

5. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    docf and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  6. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Mine is a 2013 and has it.
    It's an option believe it or not.
    It's called "Dedication Plate In Silver" code: DEDI and it cost $561.00

Attached Files:

• 16.jpg
      16.jpg
      File size:
      59.6 KB
      Views:
  7. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Well thanks. Is that plate recessed in the leather, or just ontop of it? If it's recessed in from the factory, wonder if it would look right added later.

And furthermore, that should be standard in every Ferrari. They are known for their winnings for F1, why they heck isn't it in every car.

8. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It's recessed. There are a lot of things that should be standard, and aren't, LOL

AlfistaPortoghese and wthensler like this.
  9. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    My 2013 458 had it. It's a little dedication plate, but it ain't free.

My 2001 360 Modena had one also.

Ray

10. Baitschev

Baitschev Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2017
    Vienna
    Next car is James Bonds car last digit 007

11. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Why would you want it, I am sorry I don't get it. It would be one thing if I won the race or if the car had, but just another decoration that serves no purpose. That is the autistic guys opinion.

Borrow’d Mine likes this.
  12. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    #14 Jason B, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    The first one I sat it years ago had it. These cars carry a heavy racing heritage. When you buy a ferrari this is built into the price. I assumed they all had it and I thought it was cool. But it seems that plate is recessed into the leather and probably won’t look good added later. I think most wouldn’t object to it being in the car. I just realized that it doesn’t come with any 458 and is an OPTION. Go figure. Also would be funny when someone asks, as they always do, “why did you get a ferrari?” Then I’d say, “because Lamborghini doesn’t have this... look at that plate.” Their technology is in these cars. Michael Schumacher was involved as well. I liked the added touch. Hope someone enjoyed my story, lol.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  13. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    You buy a Honda Civic, and cruise control is standard. My 332K 458 doesn't have "pit speed"!
    Not having a dumb badge on the dash doesn't bother me at all, especially when we find the badge was
    half the cost of cruise control.If I was checking off the options boxes, buying a new car, spending five hundred bucks
    for a badge on the dash, wouldn't be at the top of my list. More leather, more carbon bits and pieces, CRUISE- sure CHECK the box, a dedication badge for $561.00- no thanks.

Another educational post on Ferrari Chat. Maybe for $561.00 they could have an option to have used better adhesives on the knobs and buttons, that are FALLING off of the heater control. A car kept inside, hardly ever in the sun, shouldn't have the rubber knob faces falling off. Maybe the badges are glued on with the same adhesive as the knobs have. The saving grace is the badge isn't black, and it's hard not to see it when vacuuming out your car, unlike the knob faces.

up4speed likes this.
  14. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    kid you not. I think having a double sided tape should be an advice to the newcomer asking for advice about finally getting a Ferrari.

versamil likes this.
  15. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Yep. Good news is that badge is $250 my cost. As I have dealer account so I guess if anyone else wants one, let me know. I'll probably skip it as it may look funny without being recessed. These cars are just like a Honda Civic, in that everything is OPTIONAL just like a regular car.

16. ArtOnWheels

ArtOnWheels Rookie

Sep 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Full Name
    Not only is it recessed but the serial number matches the car so no generic option there.

17. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Personally, I like the badge and feel like, despite it being an over $500 option, it's well worth it.

On my 360, I unscrewed it from the dash, drilled a 1/4-inch hole in one corner and hooked a chain to it. Then when guys in Lamborghinis would pull up next to me wanting to race.. I'd roll down my window, hurl it at their car, reel it back in real fast and drive off screaming, "F1 world champions, top that!".

Totally worth $500

Ray

DoubleD33 and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  18. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Totally priceless. If one stops and thinks, 500 USD for a silly piece of metal, it’s ridiculous. On the other hand, what’s 500 bucks? I bet most of us end up spending that amount and much more in less than a single week on little, insignificant things that we can’t even remember and that bring little or no fun/enjoyment.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

DoubleD33 likes this.