Dino 246GT - Handbrake and throttle cables | FerrariChat

Dino 246GT - Handbrake and throttle cables

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Chuff, Mar 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chuff

Chuff Rookie

Jun 24, 2010
    UK
    Dear All,

Long time no post, but I finally have some time to do some work to my Dino due to the Coronavirus.

I'm replacing the handbrake cable (because it's old and frayed) and the throttle cable (because the throttle was sticking a bit).

Does anyone know how I can get access to the handbrake mechanism (the handbrake end). Do I need to go through the interior, or take off the underbody panels? Any other tips re replacing the handbrake cable?

With regards to the throttle cable, any tips to replace this?

Thanks in advance and good luck to anyone isolating.

Andrew

2. russh

russh Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Russell Hazarian
    Hi Andrew,

I haven't removed the handbrake cable yet. Looking at the handbrake from the inside, it appears as though you should be able to remove the cable from below. Since you need to be below anyway for removal of the cable, I would think that is how you would remove it. I have a 1971 246 series 2(M).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Chuff

Chuff Rookie

Jun 24, 2010
    UK
    Thank you, Russh. This is exactly right. I was going to give up and use the old, slightly frayed, cable; but the perfectionist in me got the better of things. I had to take the driver's seat out and remove the covering over the handbrake, but I got there in the end. Thank you for the advice.