How many European 456/550/575 enthusiasts here? | FerrariChat

How many European 456/550/575 enthusiasts here?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by F456M, Apr 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi to you all, European owners/entusiast and people abroad.

I just wonder how many in this section is located in Europe? I know Fchat have a separate section for Europe, but that is for all Ferrari models. My question is how many in this section have a 456/550/575 in Europe?

It would be cool to make a rally for all 456/550/575 owner from different countries!!

Any interest for that? And any suggestions how to organize...?

Cheers
    Erik

2. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi Erik,

One here in Finland and I know two FOC members with 550’s and one other 456GT. There was also a 575SA but I think it has been sold away somewhere.

We’ve been to the Nordic meets now 3 years in a row, they have been very nice, but this year (Helsingør, DK) has been postponed for obvious reasons by one year.

Let’s stay in touch!

Cheers!

F456M likes this.
  3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Lots of UK owners here, too.

Prit Singh and F456M like this.
  4. Rudolf M

Rudolf M Rookie

Jun 22, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rudolf Mkhitaryan
    Hi Erik,

Good idea. I’m UK based bu keeping my 575 at South of France.
    Unfortunately, I haven’t seen my baby since February due to pandemic travel restrictions. Hopefully that will finish sometime soon.

Rudolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F456M likes this.
  5. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    UK is of course included in what I meant about Europe!

Hi Rudolf. Where at South of France? I am here now! Would be cool to meet some time in the future If you like. After looking at some pictures, I have a list of thirteen cars with Monaco plates. But I never see them being driven for some reason. I guess they hide in all the underground garages and gets driven very little.

Cheers,
    Erik

6. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Aye to that, Erik.

Rudolf, a question off topic. I have been thinking about keeping my F512M, which unlike my 575 is LHD, in the south of France. But is it easy to do that with a UK reg car? I don't have French residency, just visit a lot.

F456M likes this.
  7. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    550 owner in the UK here-always up for a drive!

Prit Singh, Fennicus and F456M like this.
  8. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    + 1

9. Rudolf M

Rudolf M Rookie

Jun 22, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rudolf Mkhitaryan
    You can but there is some limitations. You have to take her out back to UK every six months. My car has a French number plate and that costed me only about €3000. But yes, I have a holiday apartment down there.

10. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi Darius. Why could it be a problem to keep it in France? I know the area well now. I know about several parking alternatives in the Nice area, not far away from the airport. I kept my M3 cabriolet here for two years. Nothing beat leaving Skandinavia with all the bad weather, fly down in a short time and enjoy the sun in your own great car! Since new years eve, there have been rain only three days! And just a few houres. The climate is beyond fantastic! I have had so much enjoyment out of the 550 this last half year. It is quite chic to park the car outside the little bakery in Cap d’Ail in the morning for a bite. Sometimes something rare park next to you. Like a Camargue, LaFerrari or a Lancia Monte Carlo. Just do it!!! Fly to Nice every friday for 50 quid and have some fun. Italy is 20 minutes away.

Fennicus, Bas and Rudolf M like this.
  11. Rudolf M

Rudolf M Rookie

Jun 22, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rudolf Mkhitaryan
    Erik
    I’m near by to Monaco, a lovely little town Beaulieu-sur-Mer. I do drive regularly with French number plate around thee. Were you are based?

F456M likes this.
  12. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Villefranche sur Mer!! 5 minutes away....

Rudolf M likes this.
  13. Rudolf M

Rudolf M Rookie

Jun 22, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rudolf Mkhitaryan
    Great! We should catch up. I’ll let you know once I get there

14. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Yes please do! I have a friend from Finland with a red California. We like to make some small trips together. You should join. He have an Azimut 86S speed yacht with 4.000 horsepower. Also for charter!!

Erik :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Rudolf M

Rudolf M Rookie

Jun 22, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rudolf Mkhitaryan
    [​IMG]
    I’m in with great pleasure

Bas and F456M like this.
  16. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Looks like that 458 was having a little trouble with the line.

17. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Zero issues with it...my business partner had for many years only foreign plated cars in SoF whilst living there full time. UK Reg Range Rover, few swiss ferraris...You'll quickly find most cops can't be bothered (lack of english or not nearly enough proof) so they don't really care.

I myself have been keeping foreign plated cars in either Spain, Portugal and UK and never once an issue anywhere. In portugal 1 of my cars was kept on main road most of the time as it was a pain getting through the narrow gate....not even so much as a knock on the door!

F456M likes this.
  18. Rudolf M

Rudolf M Rookie

Jun 22, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rudolf Mkhitaryan
    Darius,

Right. It’s really easy. The only issue could be that for annual MOT bringing her back to UK.

19. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    H
    Hi Bas. I agree with you. No problem. Especially here, there are so many foreign plates, that it is quite interesting to see all the nationalities. The most rare plate U have seen is Andorra plates. They look about the same as those small Monaco plates. May I ask why kind of car you leave along the «main road» in Portugal? I assume it is not the average Ferrari? Must be big too since it is tight through your gate. Let me quess... A trusworthy old Mulsanne? :)

20. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi Erik,

Interesting, a fellow countryman, but French plates (?) so he’s living in there. Would you happen to know if he is a member of the Finnish FOC?

I have a relative (my cousin’s youngest son, but he’s older than me) living in Monaco and he has been looking for a nice 456GT.

There was one in Monaco, but it had too many issues, like the side windows, passenger side having already water and/or damage on the door panel etc. So still looking for a nice one that would preferably be registered in Monaco. :)

Cheers!

F456M likes this.
  21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It was a Ford expedition...it did fit through the gate, but it was a squeeze...and a puppy running around with access to the front gate I never really bothered. I lived in a nice area, if I was worried at all I'd have made a gate in between so the dog couldn't get there but alas, it was never needed :).

It's an easy sell to local police in SoF/Spain/Portugal as many people have a 2nd home there.

F456M likes this.
  22. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi Pekka. Yes, a Legend in boat racing and speedskiing from Finland. I have no idea If he is a member of the club in Finland, but he is a friend / business partner with the Finnish Ferrari importer. And got Estonian plates on the car :)

About your friend in Monaco.. I would think it is not that difficult to find a good 456 and import to Monaco is easy as far as I know. Do you know anything more what he is looking for in terms of spec and colors? I had as you know a 456M a few years ago and know a little bit about them like you. Would be fun to find a car for him. Then you can fly down and come with him for a weekend of fun.

23. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    OK, many thanks.

24. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi Erik,

Sure! We were already planning that I fly to Nice to help him inspect a car for same, but we are currently under lock-down and so is he, me here in Helsinki and him in Monaco.

Also I am puzzled about whom you mean, but anyways somewhat celebrities do not usually belong to car clubs in Finland, I don't know what they are thinking, I know that Tina Turner's Swiss husband belongs to the Swiss Jaguar Driver's club and they been to some club meets and it has been no problem, people know how to behave.

There's a couple of Finnish ex Rally champions living at least part of the year in Monaco, but I have no idea whom you mean.

This Finnish guy at least used to live in Monaco, but he was the in the world cup and world champion in alpine slalom in 1999:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalle_Palander but likely he does not live there anymore.

Then this Finnish guy is of course a power boating legend, but I am sure about where he now lives:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_Seliö

Then there was this legend (sorry, not much available in English) who did all three alpine races in the Cortina Winter Olympics in 1956 and was really a speed skiing legend, he was still doing over 200km/h on skis in his 60's. :-o But he passed away two years ago:
    https://www.iltalehti.fi/talviurheilu/a/201703262200091900

Even when he was 75 years old in 2003 he made it to the finals in the World Speed Skiing Champiships in Salla, Finland.
    (Born in 1928, https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/results.html?sector=SS&raceid=73)

Cheers!

F456M likes this.
  25. F140FG

F140FG Karting

Apr 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Ferrari
    Unfortunately 550s and 575s are not considered as much as they should. Keep in mind that the 550 is the first GT since they Daytona

F456M likes this.