is a big drop coming to f430? about to buy 05 30k for $85k | Page 2 | FerrariChat

is a big drop coming to f430? about to buy 05 30k for $85k

Discussion in '360/430' started by goto35march, Mar 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Also just thinking.... If the battery is dead, will the key still start the car? Unlock the steering wheel yes. I would assume the key can't talk to the car if the battery isn't working. I can try this later and pop out my battery and see if the car starts...

2. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It would not be unreasonable to ask the dealer to provide two functioning keys in the purchase price. It might be just a key battery or much worse. Let them find out. You should be able to ascertain if the headers are version 1 or 2. Very few version 1s got past 20K miles, so it is unlikely they still have 1s. If it does, I would walk as there is most likely a leak for some time which could have caused other issues. I have owned my 2005 since new. The headers were changed out at 12K. The version 2s are still fine at 30K but I do watch them carefully and am considering going to aftermarket and putting the factory manifolds on the shelf while still functional.

Dave

3. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    The physical lock on the door sometimes fails due to corrosion, so he could be referring to a replaced door lock that was never keyed to the car.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

4. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Why a discussion at all about the seller supplying TWO working keys? (Each key must open each door and start the vehicle. No compromises. Period.)

Give me a break!

LorenzoR likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    did OP pull the trigger?

6. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I am hoping to just stay alive while this crisis is among us..... GOD BLESS... BE SAFE PEOPLE...

7. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    IMO, the Ferrari community is less vulnerable to economic setbacks than other cars or commodities, so I wouldn't expect any huge downward pressure on prices. Ive seen these cars sit on the market for years before any serious haggling takes place.
    Its similar to whether or not the C8 will affect f430 values.(hint: probably *a little, but not a lot).

of course, if this virus thing leads us to Mad Max times, all bets are off. But something tells me it wont matter then :)

8. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    canuck - agree with the core f car enthusiast.... however, I suspect the newb f car speculator will be washed out

9. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    could be.
    It wouldn't surprise me if a few really hot deals pop up from motivated sellers.
    But i don't think that will "drive down prices" in a big or broad sense.
    but who knows? we're in uncharted waters now. If a buyer isnt in a hurry, wait and see. pretty sure it wont drive prices up either :)