Optimum computer/scanner | FerrariChat

Optimum computer/scanner

Discussion in '360/430' started by 78bonanza, Apr 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    Hi all, I’ve research as many threads as I could find on scan/ diagnostic /reset tools etc . I’m trying to get a better sense for what may be the correct choice for me. Basically I’m a DIYer for as much maintenance as I can do given the limitations of my garage space.
    Other than buying an outrageously expensive Leonardo , etc. what have others found to be useful for a budget of approximately $1500?
    Thanks

2. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    Can any units do a transmission relearn program?

3. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Look into the Launch X431 Pro Mini. It's a great unit, has 2 way communication, and specific Ferrari functions. I got mine from one of the big sellers on e-bay for $600 (he accepted my offer). Everybody that I know that uses one, loves it so far.

4. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    That seller won’t go below $635 now. Waiting for mine to deliver. Can’t wait to see how it works.

5. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    Launch X431 mini pro it is. Thank you all

6. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    ThinkDiag sounds interesting. Looks like it does actuations (this is where you tell the tool to “do something”- flash a light, change gear, whatever- and you can see if that component still works). That’s a very useful feature, but it all depends on whether that stuff is included with the Ferrari package. Would love to hear from anyone with direct experience.

The AP200 is also nice that it’s an unlimited licence for the one included manufacturer- currently ThinkDiag wasn’t $40 every two years.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    Thinkdiag looks very compelling . A couple of YouTube’s out on it .

8. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    You never really know what you're going to get with one of these things till you can try it out on a specific application, or have direct experience from someone who has.

Looking again at the list of special functions the ThinkDiag has, I don't see the things there that looks like it would cover F1 maintenance functions.