Mondial 3.4 Turbo over SC | FerrariChat

Mondial 3.4 Turbo over SC

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Louis Brown, Apr 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Louis Brown

Louis Brown Karting

Dec 24, 2019
    Richardson Texas
    Full Name:
    Louis Brown
    So am I correct to assume that a T 3.4 cannot be supercharged due to motor and firewall clearance?
    Only 3.0 and 3.2?

2. pbaron89

pbaron89 Karting

May 17, 2013
    Fort Lauderdale , FL
    Full Name:
    Peter Baron
    i think you should get a different car if you are looking to supercharge a mondial.. its a 80's car.. it all works tremendously for what it is.. a 30 year old car.. once you start doing that.. the Gearbox is susceptible to failures, then the clutch, cooling issues.. get 355 if you want a "cheap " faster ferrari.. the mondial car is a lovey spirited car that i love to drive - but never think about going faster. the noise from the engine is a symphony and the gearbox shifting is eclectically awesome its a wonder bang for the buck ferrari from the 80s.. i have some 80's 911s a 65 911, ( and a 89 turbo ) a 928s4 5 speed, a 88 m5, and a 328 and a couple mondials T's in my collection currently. and they are all great for their period... to make them as fast as a current bmw 335 - is never going to happen.. let alone a m3.. its like trying to take a 50 year old woman, and get her plastic surgery to make her look like a 20 year old... its never going to gross, expensive and be messy along the way. get these cars for what they are and love them as is.. or get a newer car..

3. Louis Brown

Louis Brown Karting

Dec 24, 2019
    Richardson Texas
    Full Name:
    Louis Brown
    Points all well taken. I’m apparently having trouble exiting the world of GM torque monsters. My dream car is the Testarossa but the Mondial satisfies the family!

4. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
  5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    456/456M popped into my head as a better 4-seat solution with more torque ;)

pbaron89 likes this.
  6. Louis Brown

Louis Brown Karting

Dec 24, 2019
    Richardson Texas
    Full Name:
    Louis Brown
    I’ve got a lot of time in a Beech Baron

7. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    I think you should go for! If you have the knowledge and the know-how..........kill it! Add the turbo charger what ever and post the hell out of the pictures. Educate us all so we can enjoy your creation. Whenever there is an article about a ferrari that has been modified, there is a huge amount of interest.

8. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
  9. Louis Brown

Louis Brown Karting

Dec 24, 2019
    Richardson Texas
    Full Name:
    Louis Brown
    Acceptable analogy .

10. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    I agree with the others - love the car for what it is. Buy something else if you really want to go fast. Vipers are cheap! ;)

HOWEVER, I completely understand. An extra 50-100 HP would be fun. If anyone could give you guidance on building a turbo system for a Mondial, it would be ATSAaron. He's put together turbo systems for a couple of Mondials and a really nasty 308. Bonus - he's in the Dallas area.

Here's a link to his website (ATS Racing) - www.atsracing.net . AND a link to his turbo 308 on Youtube - .

2cam

11. Louis Brown

Louis Brown Karting

Dec 24, 2019
    Richardson Texas
    Full Name:
    Louis Brown
    Whoa! Much obliged. Dallas is where it’s at!