** Battery Light Inter / Both Check Engine Lights ** | FerrariChat

** Battery Light Inter / Both Check Engine Lights **

Discussion in '348/355' started by Fmuto42, Apr 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    A bit frustrated but I’m hoping it’s code related. 348 has been great. Did a major not long ago. Everything perfect. I press it hard 3rd to 4th w a bit of throttle and goes slightly to 8k. I see the battery light blip on for a second and nothing. Then 15 mins later, battery light flickering on then off and tripping check eng lights. 348 is running oh so fine. Stop the car and did the reset of unplugging main power and it came back a minute later. So definitely a stored code but the 348 is running perfect.

I get the car home and here a bit of hissing / whistling and open up the lid and the battery is making some whistling!

Any ideas? Waiting on my tech to text me back... can a rev to 8k affect the alt to then the battery in a overcharge standpoint?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Sounds feasable. I would get somene to check your alternator and battery. Previous posts on FChat have mentioned that high revs can stress the alternators. Perhaps the alternator regulator is about to fail and is putting out too much voltage. I believe the engine ECUs generate faults for "battery" voltage (not sure if it's undervoltage, overvoltage or both).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Not sure what the S & N means

Fmuto42 and 308 GTB like this.
  3. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks for that - the battery is 5 years old and my tech will take a look at it tomorrow for codes. Hoping just a fluke that needs cleared.

4. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    What is wrong with you reading the code yourself?

5. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    Yes or No, from Italian.

Qavion likes this.
  6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    That was my guess, but I was wondering why a few other faults didn't put on a light, such as "SPEEDO SIGNAL" (not shown above).

7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #7 Qavion, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    If you need to monitor your battery volts, some folks fit a voltage gauge to their cigarette lighter or fit a bluetooth device to their battery which works in conjunction with your smartphone.

e.g.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/battery-monitor.607428/

taz355 likes this.
  8. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Alternator is overcharging during high RPM spikes ... went up to 17.4!

Pangea likes this.
  9. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    It is most probably due to a faulty voltage regulator. Very easy to replace. You will need to replace the battery as well as it may have sustained quite a bit of damage by the overcharge.