F430 coupe windows quit working after tint job | FerrariChat

F430 coupe windows quit working after tint job

Discussion in '360/430' started by jedijingle, Apr 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jedijingle

jedijingle Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Sun Diego California
    Full Name:
    John
    Took my car to a tin shop and they tricked the windows into going back up after the roll down upon opening the doors. The moved the door catch latch in the door to get the window to roll up completely so they could put the tint on the glass. The doors were open for about 5 hours while they worked on it. Upon getting ready to leave the partial roll down / up feature stopped working and the window control on the dash is not working.

Any ideas on the cause or solution. currently looking to locate the window ECU, but have not found it yet. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

John

2. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Did you try battery disconnect for a bit? Then roll up the windows and hold it in the opposition for several seconds, and then hit the road down button and hold it all the way in the down position for several seconds.

3. jedijingle

jedijingle Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Sun Diego California
    Full Name:
    John
    Thus far I have disconnected the battery in the trunk a few times. The windows will not operate at all. I will try it again and report back. The drivers side window is in the slight roll down position and the passenger side is up all the way.

4. jedijingle

jedijingle Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Sun Diego California
    Full Name:
    John
    Connected the battery back up after checking all the fuses behind the drivers seat. Tried pressing the windows buttons and still NOTHING.

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Sounds like they have blown a fuse if nothing is working . psf 3. and psf7 behind the seats. Both 30 amp
    Page 93 in handbook

JRE likes this.
  6. jedijingle

jedijingle Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Sun Diego California
    Full Name:
    John
    Thank you Mike I did check all the fuses behind the drivers seat and none of them were blown, however I will look again and test with a meter or just replace.
    Cheers,

I don't have a hand book yet sadly. I need to get one but thought the newer cars were all online manuals now with subscription through Ferrari.

Thank you I will report back.

JRE likes this.
  7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    To blow two 30 amp fuses would take a lot and i would have throught they would have known about it, do the window switches have the light flashing ? Easy to see in the dark or at night.
    Is the central locking working on the key fob? It would be in the same wiring going into the door so multi pin connnectors ?

8. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
  9. jedijingle

jedijingle Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Sun Diego California
    Full Name:
    John
    Thank you guys that's very helpful I will troubleshoot as I get time been working out of town all week. I have checked both sets of fuse boxes behind both the driver side and passenger side seats I have not found any blown fuses as of yet but I am going to triple check then I will move to the window ECU located in the driver side door. I need to put some hushmat inside that door anyway.

Thank you all John

10. jedijingle

jedijingle Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Sun Diego California
    Full Name:
    John
    Just got back on the job. All fuses are good. talk to a Ferrari dealership out of fort Lauderdale they said to disconnect the battery then touch the two battery leads together for a hard reset that did not work either.

No power to the switches in the console getting into the driver side door now to look for possible issues.

11. jedijingle

jedijingle Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Sun Diego California
    Full Name:
    John
    Latest report back on windows not working.

I have triple checked all the fuses and everything looks good. As stated above the dealership advised to do a hard reset and that did not help.
    Now I'm in the dark as to where to go from here.

Are the window ecu's prone to failure?

I'll start tracing power to the windows and ecu and get some Hushmat in there at the same time..

Cheers John

12. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Jed, I have not had issues with my windows but I hope you can trace down the issue. If you need more info from the WSM, please let me know. Good luck

13. jedijingle

jedijingle Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Sun Diego California
    Full Name:
    John
    Thank you Ridege55 I spoke to Scott UK guy from Ratarossa and I am taking some direction from him. Looking into the ECU right now. I'll keep everyone posted as odd issues will plague someone else in the future.