F1 2019...huge leap forward | FerrariChat

F1 2019...huge leap forward

Discussion in 'Technology' started by ricksb, May 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    This one should be worth buying. Check out the videos on YouTube. Controls look awesome, frame rate is best in the series, graphics seem like actual live sessions. Sounds are complex and authentic

The Prost/Senna thing should be cool, but it looks like gameplay will be the big selling point here.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

It looks very nice. It won't be a real sim sadly, but at least it's a racing series that offers decent AI racing on all F1 tracks. I like the career mode, taking a team forwards via upgrading.

F2 now included also, and as far as I can work out you can start in F2 with career mode, and if you do well get signed by one of the junior programs of merc/ferrari/red bull and progress to one of their teams afterwards. Sounds like fun.

3. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I wish Liberty would give the licence out to other developers they been the exclusive developer for 10 years now and it's just the same crap every year with small improvements. :oops:

Bas likes this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

What's the sodding point of career mode F2 if it's only 3 events? What a led down.

Agree. If you look at how Race Sim Studios make their cars for Assetto Corsa, my god, they're 10x the quality of what codemasters could ever produce, they feel great, realistic, look the part, sound real, actually have to manage the ERS and all that tripe properly...They make a GP2/F2 car also and even Charles Leclerc has personally thanked the developers for that car as he said it was a great tool for learning between F2 races.

5. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Lando Norris ran an event yesterday playing F1-2019 LN was disqualified in qualifying :D

time stamps
    4:50 Stream starts.
    5:32 List of drivers shown.
    5:58 - 8:37 Drivers grid shown.
    11:06 First Qualifying shown.
    13:58 Stoffel Vandoorne crashes in first Qualifying session.
    18:04 Lando Norris disqualified.
    18:25 Commentators announce Norris’ technical issues; Qualifying will be restarted.
    19:01 Commentators discuss Melbourne track, expected lap times, tire strategies, etc.
    21:16 Commentators discuss predictions.
    34:31 Second Qualifying shown.
    51:45 Formation lap starts.
    54:03 Race start lights come on.
    54:09 Race starts. Lights out and away we go!

Landos twitch channel for his POV.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/567857431

6. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Made it on the main F1 channel.

7. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  8. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I bought the game for ps4 a few weeks ago & I'm having a hard time with the career mode when racing. I make it in the mid pack then get a wheel off or get shunted into a wall by a bot driver behind me. Always resulting in last place, the game is damn near frustrating.

9. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    From earlier today. LeC brothers racing together :)

I saw a story that mentioned LeC bought the game only 8 days ago and spent 4-5hr/day practising getting ready for the event.

10. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    When you're playing solo against the bots, especially when learning, make liberal use of the "Instant replay/rewind" function - it lets you 'back up' about 5 seconds, which is plenty of time to change an action to avoid the incident or consequence. I used that a lot when starting out, to learn and retry lines on corners, braking points, re-do stupid mistakes.