What 8 races will be run this year? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

What 8 races will be run this year?

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifosi12, Mar 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which 8 races will be held for the WDC?

Poll closed Apr 22, 2020.
  1. Montreal

25.0%
  2. Le Castellet

18.8%
  3. Spielberg

21.9%
  4. Silverstone

53.1%
  5. Budapest

15.6%
  6. Spa

62.5%
  7. Monza

46.9%
  8. Singapor

34.4%
  9. Sotschi

25.0%
  10. Suzuka

68.8%
  11. Austin

65.6%
  12. Mexico

46.9%
  13. Sao Paulo

56.3%
  14. Abu Dhabi

62.5%
  15. Melbourne

6.3%
  16. Bahrain

18.8%
  17. Vietnam

9.4%
  18. Zandvoort

37.5%
  19. Barcelonaa

12.5%
  20. Baku

9.4%
  21. Shanghai

18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Yes - but which country would have the "most awesome fans" according to Hamilton ? :D

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The MET of NY transmits once a month one of its operas live throughout movie theaters via Internet connection. My wife and I enjoy these live broadcasts in a comfy movie theatre chair with some popcorn etc. for a fraction of the price and of course without having to travel to NY. Maybe something that might become even more popular going fwd?

william likes this.
  3. Indeed. How much longer before we're just brains in a jar on a shelf.......

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Numbers are getting better in Europe, Italy starting to stabilize. Switzerland talking about events come July.

Sounds promising that we will have a F1 season in the fall. Maybe without spectators, but racing at last.

DF1 likes this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I somehow doubt there will be a season this year. People are predicting that it will take a minimum of 6 months before this thing subsides. Even Wuhan, with massive lockdown, took them 3 months to contain it. Then,
    we read that there's still import cases today. Linked to returning people. F1 needs to travel, the risk is always there. Unless they have a vaccine or a cure ready in 2-3 months, i doubt there's a 2020 F1 season.

william likes this.
  7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Indeed, they shouldn't be too hasty to relax the measures taken to contain that pandemic, and undo all the good work.
    That demands sacrifices from people, countries and businesses, etc ...
    Unfortunately, responsability is in short supply in this world ...

Remy Zero likes this.
  8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I suppose you know that already, but just in case/

"
    Cancelled Eurovision gets new look

It’s Eurovision, but not quite as you know it…

Following the cancellation of this year’s event, organisers will instead air a television show honouring all 41 songs in a non-competitive format.

"Eurovision: Shine a Light" will take place on Saturday, 16 May – in place of what would have been the live final in the Netherlands.

Sietse Bakker, executive producer, said: “We want to make a show that puts a spotlight not only on the 41 artists that were due to appear in Rotterdam but also inspire those at home and connect people from across Europe and beyond in these difficult times.

It is the first time in the competition’s history that it has been cancelled. "

DF1 and tifosi12 like this.
  9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks for that William, much appreciated. No, I did not know that.

While I like that they are showing (at least in Europe somewhere) the 41 songs, I still think they pulled out too fast. They could have broadcast-ed this show from each country without audience. Too bad.

If you hear where this will be shown (TV, internet), let me know please. It is very difficult to get it from the US.

10. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
  11. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Guys, there will be no F1 in 2020.

ingegnere, TheMayor and Remy Zero like this.
  12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's basically what I was saying in an earlier post: The shorter the season the higher the chances that something unforesee happens. Statistically in the long run the MB/Hamilton combo will win but if the season is shorter, Lewis might have an engine failure, spin, crash you name it and then chance has a higher possibility to interfere and determine the winner.

E.g. Panis in Monaco

DF1 likes this.
  13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Maldonado in Barcelona,plus a lot of pretty good drivers who only got the 1 win in F1

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2016/2/pastor-maldonado-f1-one-win-wonders.html

william, DF1 and tifosi12 like this.
  14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

China sooner?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/shanghai-international-circuit-reopens/

The Shanghai International Circuit is open again with the first racing action set for June, according to reports.

The circuit hosts Formula 1’s Chinese Grand Prix which was set to be round four of the 2020 season. But it was the first of the events to be postponed.

The coronavirus pandemic which has swept the globe originated in China, causing the race promoter, Juss Events, to request that the race was postponed in February.

China recorded over 3300 deaths due to COVID-19, but the country is now starting to return to normal life.

While schools, cinemas and major tourist destinations are still closed, cities in China are functioning again, as is the Shanghai International Circuit.

The Race report that a Porsche corporate event was held earlier in the week, though the attendance was limited and no members of the public were allowed in.

Their report goes on to claim that the first racing action since the circuit’s re-opening is set to take place on June 26, headlined by the Chinese GT Championship, though the contract for this hasn’t been signed off yet.

The Chinese Grand Prix has been part of the Formula 1 calendar since 2004, and the organisers are keen to reschedule the race for later this year at a time when other race promoters are casting doubt on Liberty Media’s plans for a 15-18 race 2020 season.

The Race state that it wouldn’t be possible to hold the Chinese Grand Prix in December, January or February because the average temperature in Shanghai does not get above 10c.

15. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    ^^ I doubt anyone will wanna go China these days.

ingegnere and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  16. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Or want to see large numbers of Chinese tourists??

Remy Zero and ingegnere like this.
  17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    What? No Tehran GP?

18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    If any i would guess Nov/Jan ,Abu Dhabi,Bahrain,Melbourne,S Paulo,Singapore,Vietnam plus at least 2 more earlier around October Silverstone,Monza?

19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Or any tourist for that matter !

DF1 likes this.
  20. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Only a matter of days before they cancel the Canadian GP officially. No way they'll have the facilities ready on time - all construction is halted and this has been newly extended into May - and even more certainly we don't want thousands of infected visitors roaming our streets, if they'll even be allowed to enter the country.

As I noted in another thread, unless and until the situation is under control world-wide (treatment or vaccine and low, stable numbers) in 2021 you can forget about any sane country or state allowing a massive influx of visitors and gathering them all at a sports event. 2022 anyone?

lorenzobandini and william like this.
  21. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Well, less than one day actually.

They’re saying it’s postponed - a nice fall date would be nice, like in the good old days - but I really don’t see how this can happen.

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think it could happen: Once we have a cure like Hydroxychlorinique officially rubber stamped, the entire planet might go back to normal within a month. There are other potential silver bullets in the labs. I have not given up hope just yet.

A Euro travel ban however might cancel the entire season if the teams are not allowed to leave their home countries.

23. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    As of today the Canadian GP is cancelled

24. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Hopefully none and that is put out to the teams early along with an announcement that the 2021 regs are back on schedule. Cancelling 2020 will give all teams ample time to get their car done since it can be their only focal point.