Finding New Club Members? | FerrariChat

Finding New Club Members?

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by 308 Grigio, Mar 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308 Grigio

308 Grigio Rookie

Sep 11, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Albert Stix
    I’ve just joined the board of the Central States Region Eastern Missouri and Southern Illinois Chapter of the club. My primary mission involves increasing our membership. I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on reaching Ferrari owners in our territory. Beyond just asking current members to help find Other Ferrari owners that are not currently members, I was wanting to find untouched owners in a more systematic way. I assumed that the State of Missouri does not sell mailing lists of Ferrari owners and after a few phone calls, that was confirmed. I assume Illinois is pretty much the same way although I have not checked. I next turned to mailing list companies that I have dealt with in the past and discovered that their available lists are not very current and much smaller than I expected. The national club and FNA guards their lists like they contain the nuclear launch codes so no luck there. But I’m sure there are other Ferrari Clubs that have found ways to locate Ferrari owners in their region so I’d appreciate any and all help with suggestions. My direct email is [email protected] if you would rather not answer here on the chat. Again, thanks in advance for any help! Albert I. Stix IV

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  2. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I’m untouched last I checked.
    You reached me
    I’m in the Peoria area

3. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    BANNED Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Although happy to find you, Peoria area is north of the Missouri & Southern Illinois Chapter border. Our northern line is somewhere around Lincoln. You belong with the Illinois Chapter which is part of Central States Region (same as us). I know there are other members in Bloomington/Normal; not so sure on Peoria.

4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    First off , thank you for helping grow the club!

Your chapter President has access to members in his " area" ( I do ) and through that , has the ability to send e-mail messages out to a group or as few members as he wants.

I think the secret of how to grow membership starts with creating events that your current membership want to attend. Then, organically , those members will tell other Ferrari owners about the events , extending an invite to join the next event, and so on. As long as you make a good impression and go out of your way to touch 1st time attendees , I am betting you will see your membership numbers grow.

Shoot me a private message if you'd like, I am happy to help , or at least offer ideas that have worked for us in the past!

Steve

5. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I’m actually in Lincoln
    I say Peoria because people don’t know Lincoln
    You got me!

6. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Is your preference to head north towards Chicago or south to St. Louis? We can be flexible with the Chicago group on the dividing line in your area. As a member you can always attend events anywhere but you will be on the event distribution list of your chapter.

7. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    My preference is south

8. 308 Grigio

308 Grigio Rookie

Sep 11, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Albert Stix
    Something was familiar about Lincoln, IL but it took me a bit to remember what it was. I’ve been to the airport there in Logan County, there’s a museum on the field with an early F-4 Phantom II. I need to get with Jeff and figure out a zip code map of our areas in Missouri and Illinois. Perhaps you are in our zone?

topcarbon likes this.
  9. 308 Grigio

308 Grigio Rookie

Sep 11, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Albert Stix
    Thanks for the reply Steve. I think we can certainly grow organically just by asking current members for leads on Ferrari owners who are not currently members. I’m sure we all know one or two folks that have never considered joining the club or have never even been contacted. I suspect there are Ferrari owners in almost every County of a club’s territory but since they don’t live in one of the major metropolitan areas, they have not been contacted and we don’t know they are there. I’ve started reaching out to some of the shops in our area who work on Ferraris and I’ve also started reaching out to the local exotic/vintage car sales companies and asked about putting some of our brochures in their showrooms. I’m just getting started on that project and I’ve been slowed down by this Corona virus situation. I don’t expect to see any results until mid to late summer.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  10. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Missouri & Southern Illinois Chapter's territory:

Missouri - eastern portion of the state. We include Columbia, Jefferson City and south but not Springfield

Illinois - southern portion of the state. We include Lincoln and Decatur and south but not Peoria, Bloomington and Champaign.

There is a map of our territory that is defined by zip codes.

11. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I'd plan a club paid picnic, free to all Ferrari owners and guest. Contact all the Ferrari oriented repair shops and dealer in or near the geographical area and ask their help in spreading the word. Additionally I'd ask Ricambi America, T Rutlands, GT Car Pats Ferrparts etc to assist in that when they supply parts to that part of the country. It will be a while before you can have that picnic so you have time to prepare.

Jeff might even be able to arrange a guest to give an informational talk about club events..

12. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I am on the event list of 3 chapters in Texas. Its a matter here of being put in the email list.

13. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Maybe supply them some simple preprinted flyers to put in the outgoing packages.

14. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Excellent idea.

15. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Brian,

You going to take my tests on Know Your Ferraris I sent Leslie? You might, just might have a chance to get some of the more obscure details correct.

16. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    No, if I was a car thief I'd be wanting a list, too, and for that reason, you shouldn't get one...

17. 308 Grigio

308 Grigio Rookie

Sep 11, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Albert Stix
    Actually, that’s a very good point. When you look at how easy it is to look up personal property tax records here in Missouri or FAA information on aircraft a person might own, I guess it’s a good thing that finding the owners of exotic and vintage cars is not so easy to do.