C8 CORVETTE | Page 10 | FerrariChat

C8 CORVETTE

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by BJK, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Ah... the reason I ask is I heard a dealer in Lake Havasu was doing Courtesy Deliveries.

2. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    Just an update.....

Being in lockdown mode I just detailed the car and went over it with a fine tooth comb. The paint on the car is absolutely flawless ! As a comparison my 488 required 10 hours of paint correction when it came in....very impressed...

3. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  4. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Wow, it looks great !

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

Its the 1970 1/2 Camaro all over again !!!!!!

Then the 1972 strike limited z28s and ram air Trans Am production.

TheMayor likes this.
  6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

I just had to thank you for posting. So cool to read some good, fun news. You car looks amazing as specked. Congrats.

DIGMAN52 and sainthoo like this.
  7. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    jm2 likes this.
  8. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  9. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  10. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Just over 200 miles- this thing is really impressive, regardless of price. I sent a location off my phone to the navigation system in the car, worked perfectly. This is an American car that corners better than it goes in a straight line, with a NA V8 with a ton of get up and go.

only criticism- the competition seats are too tight in the thigh. The torso is perfect (I’m 6’1,” 200ish). I’ve had multiple race cars, street cars with racing buckets- they fit prefect. Weird for an American car to have such tight seats.

Even the headliner is well done Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I've heard others say similar things about the racing seats. I sat in the Gt2 and I thought they were very comfortable. And unfortunately my width is greater than I would like....

12. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Sorry, but not a fan of this look and it makes the rear look gigantic

jm2 likes this.
  13. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    may try to pickup a c8 from a dealer where someone backed out of their order. best dealer to contact? im in calif.
    also, any info on 2021 base model price?

14. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Solid State likes this.
  15. redhammer

redhammer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2011
    agreed, wheels and drop takes the c8 to another level

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #241 TheMayor, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    I rather like these. Simple but interesting without being overpowering.

I'm old school.... :)

I think they're forged Brixton -- $10K a set!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

DIGMAN52, k wright, italiafan and 3 others like this.
  17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    BJK likes this.
  18. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Nice!

19. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/04/2021-corvette-stingray-to-get-wireless-apple-carplay-and-android-auto/?fbclid=IwAR14oC13yjD_LiM7yl34X9C6U5YBFug9VdjvKDUTJ2A_MhK0XvgOfZ5q2gY
    2021 Corvette Stingray To Get Wireless Apple CarPlay And Android Auto

Sponsored Links

Details on the 2021 Corvette Stingray are now coming to light, with the new model year tipped to offer a competition-inspired graphics package, new paint colors and stripe options, and new interior colors as well. Now, it looks as though the next model year will also bring fresh infotainment features with the addition of wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

As revealed by a leaked 2021 Corvette Stingray Order Guide summary, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will be standard on the 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT trim levels. To note, the current 2020 Corvette C8 comes equipped with wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard.

The switch from wired to wireless is a good move for the 2021 Corvette, given customers have come to expect instant smartphone support as soon as they enter their vehicle. Indeed, several other 2021 model year General Motorsvehicles also offer wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, including:

To note, standard features on the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette include an 8.0-inch infotainment touchscreen, a Bose 10-speaker sound system, 12-inch diagonal color Driver Information Center, and HD Radio, all of which are expected to carry over with the 2021 Corvette Stingray.

As we covered previously, the 2021 Corvette will also get two new exterior colors, with Silver Flare (GSJ) and Red Mist Tintcoat (GPH) replacing Blade Silver Metallic (GAN) and Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat (G1E), respectively. The range-topping 3LT trim level will get two new interior color combo options. Meanwhile, customers will also have access to a new exterior graphics package that dresses the C8 in a C8.R-inspired aesthetic.

As we covered previously, it looks as though future high-performance variants of the C8 Corvette have unfortunately been delayed as a result of ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Subscribe to GM Authority for more mid-engine Corvette news, Corvette C8 news, Corvette news, Chevrolet news, and 24/7 GM news coverage.

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Long Beach Red is going to be super rare.

21. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    any idea of what red mist tintcoat may look like?
    new base msrp?

22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  23. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    any good sources/dealers to inquire about a 2020 that some cancelled their order?

24. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm curious to see what the new 3LT interior colors are. I'd like to see an orange stitching option because I think that would look great with the orange exterior.

25. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think any cars made that haven't already been started might end up as 2021. It depend when GM restarts the line but you have to think Mid May to early June. To me any cancelled orders or cars made will just end up on the dealer's lot and sold over MSRP. Anyone who cancels before being built just pushes the next guy further up the line.

If you look on Cars.com, there are dealers that say they have cars. Not sure how reliable that is as when you call, they say its already sold or its "incoming". I think there are some flippers also around.

I'll send you a PM of my sales person. He shipped out several out of state cars this last week. They are still open. Straight shooter kinda guy.