For Sale - 1999 F355 Berlinetta - 3 Pedals & Carbon Seats | FerrariChat

For Sale 1999 F355 Berlinetta - 3 Pedals & Carbon Seats

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Swartzy, Dec 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Swartzy

Swartzy Rookie

Dec 28, 2017
    Hesston, KS
    Full Name:
    Brett Swartzendruber
    1999 F355 Berlinetta
    - 33031 Miles (3,500 of these in the last 18 months with virtually no issues)
    - Manual Trans
    - Carbon Seats (one of 230 or so?)
    - Factory Fender Shields (recessed into the fenders)
    - Scoped to verify late model valve guides (Vince @ Blackhorse in KC)
    - Full Capristo Exhaust (Blackhorse)
    - SRI Gold Connector Kit (Blackhorse)
    - Challenge Grille
    - Sept 10, 2019 Full Fluid Service & Inspection (Blackhorse)
    - Hill Engineering Timing Belt Bearings

This car was purchased new at Lakeforest Ferrari in Chicago. I don't know the exact history of the car until 2009 when it was traded in at a Porsche dealer where it was purchased by the gentleman I purchased it from. He lived in Kansas City and had it serviced at Blackhorse Motorworks (Vince Hill) in KC starting in 2010 (17,000 miles at the time) including the install of the exhaust, gold connector kit, the last two belt services and the 30,000 mile service.

EVERYTHING WORKS (*a/c doesn't blow the hardest but it is cold and does work)

The Not So Great
    - Last Major was August of 2015 but the belts were inspected @ the fluid service
    - The CEL is on (Vince Hill @ Blackhorse said it's a knock sensor and to replace it at major)
    - The Parking Brake handle is a little sticky
    - The Binnacle leather is shrinking and a small tear is visible on the front edge
    - The leather above the center air vent in the dash is starting to shrink
    - There are a few rock chips on the front end (one very noticeable one on the bumper)
    - There is a very small rock chip on the drivers mirror
    - There is a very faint crack in the paint at the rear of the drivers side c pillar - Might be 1/2" long, it's hard to see but it's there.
    - Both rear wheels have some minor paint damage on the edge of the rim I believe from mounting the tires

This isn't a low mile collector grade garage queen but every 355 owner that's ever looked at it says it's one of the nicest that they've seen out in the wild. It's very well sorted and I wouldn't hesitate to jump in it and drive it anywhere! It's never left a drop of anything on the floor and it runs amazingly well.

Let me know if you want specific pictures and I'll be glad to get them for you.

I've owned the car since the summer of 2018 and intended to keep it forever. However I own a small manufacturing business that's growing rapidly and I feel the responsible decision is to sell my toys and invest the money into the business when it counts. I really hate to see this car go, especially since I feel it'll be very difficult to replace it with another 355 in the future.

Vince Hill at Blackhorse Motorwerks in Kansas City knows this car inside and out and has offered to talk with anyone who is interested in it if they have any questions or would like to verify any information listed here. You can reach him at (620) 870-1942 or (913) 942-1222 or through their website at www.blackhorsemotorwerks.com.

Please feel free to call or text me with any questions as well at (620) 217-9568.

If the car had a fresh major and was in perfect condition I'd be asking $110,000. Allowing $10k for the service, $2k for the paint chips, $2k for the dash shrinkage and sticky brake handle and $1k to repair the small rash on the rear wheels - I'm asking $95,000 but would consider reasonable offers.

Thank You for looking - Brett
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

lee88, Kokose7en, psych0hans and 9 others like this.
  2. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Very nice, GLWS, from another Giallo gated F355 GTS brother ;)

3. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    These will be the cars to have, some day. I’m one of the folks that thinks that day is today. I have one, and love it. Good luck with the sale.

4. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Brett!! What a gorgeous car and the carbon fiber seats are awesome !!!!
    I would never ever sell my personal 355 GTS I love it too much :)
    I just sold a yellow 355 GTS to another one of my clients for well over $100,000
    I also just sold eyeman his yellow 355 GTS
    Which will probably win platinum At Cavallino!!
    I believe with all of my heart the 355 stick shifts will be worth $200,000 in the very near future and probably continue to rise .
    If I have any clients that call me looking for a 355 Stick!! I am certainly directing them to your car .
    Happy healthy holidays enjoy !!

5. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    love the yellow calipers.. I have a 1997 GTB with the standard black calipers.. the yellow calipers add a nice touch/contrast..

ThatFlyGuy and Robb like this.
  6. Ciao55

Ciao55 Karting

Mar 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel D
    Nice car, but the Cel scares me. It's a shame that these cars have problems with shrinkage and stickies.

technom3 likes this.
  7. Swartzy

Swartzy Rookie

Dec 28, 2017
    Hesston, KS
    Full Name:
    Brett Swartzendruber
    I completely understand the hesitation from the CEL. If anyone has concerns about it please don't hesitate to call Vince at Blackhorse Motorwerks in Kansas City and visit with him about it.

I took this car on the Crescent Classic Rally a few months ago (where it acquired the rock chips) and it's amazing how many newer Ferrari owners admired the car! If you're looking for a well sorted 355 that you can drive and enjoy this is the one.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

eyeman1234 likes this.
  8. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Dream spec, minus the yellow. :(

GLWS. If this was blue or red I'd be all over it.

Gh21631 likes this.
  9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Really nice....GLWS!!

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    To support YellowCompass point, the 355Cs are well approaching $175K.

Ferrari of Houston has one for that, now.
    Love those seats....

Yellow Compass likes this.
  11. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    love it in yellow and love the seats glws

MOSS likes this.
  12. Swartzy

Swartzy Rookie

Dec 28, 2017
    Hesston, KS
    Full Name:
    Brett Swartzendruber
    Just thought I'd bump this thread to see if there's any interest at or close to the current price before I schedule it with Blackhorse to get the major done before summer. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have an offer.

13. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    GLWS This is a fantastic spec.

14. Kent Dellenbusch

Kent Dellenbusch Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    What’s the N number on your Cessna?

15. Swartzy

Swartzy Rookie

Dec 28, 2017
    Hesston, KS
    Full Name:
    Brett Swartzendruber
    My 140 in the picture is 89932. Flying is my first passion but sports cars are a close second.

Since I'm not getting any serious bites and due to the current economic climate I'm pulling the car off the market to tidy up the few loose ends it has and get the major done. We'll see where everything is at after all that but it's such a great car I imagine after that investment I'll just hang on to it :) Like I posted above this would be a nearly impossible 355 to replace.

Thanks everyone for the compliments and well wishes!

16. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    Your car has a manual, carbon seats, factory recessed shields, Challenge grill with what I'm guessing are oem yellow calipers. Yup, if you can swing it, I'd fix the remaining items and keep it. It's a very nicely spec'd 355. They're timeless cars.

17. waynebb512@mac.com

Dec 15, 2014
    Reno NV /
    Full Name:
    WAYNE BASSO
    blkdiablo33 likes this.
  18. dougnshari

dougnshari Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2006
    Derby, KS. 67037
    Full Name:
    Doug Kennedy
    #20 dougnshari, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    This is my friends car. He's currently in the process of purchasing another airplane, so he's ready and eager to sale ASAP. He will consider ALL reasonable offers. Thank you.

crinoid likes this.
  19. Sean O'Neill

Sean O'Neill Karting

Apr 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sean O'Neill
    Gorgeous 355 B. The perfect spec for me...these are just a tad out of my price range sadly.

20. Swartzy

Swartzy Rookie

Dec 28, 2017
    Hesston, KS
    Full Name:
    Brett Swartzendruber
    Ok well life continues to throw curve balls when we don't expect it. I have had an opportunity arise for an aircraft purchase that I can't let pass by so it's truly time to sell the car. Since I posted last I've had the binnacle re-upholstered and have repaired the slight stretching in the center of the dash - see pictures. I've also addressed the final sticky parts so they are no longer an issue. While I was in the dash I learned that the A/C issue was simply that the ducts to the vents were mis-aligned and that has been fixed as well - resulting in significantly better functioning A/C!

Please don't hesitate to call me with any questions - this car has nothing to hide and is truly something I will miss once it's sold.

Current price - $85,000. At that price I really feel like whoever buys it is getting a great deal considering the options and overall condition of this car.

620-217-9568

Brett
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Great looking car. Love yellow. Perfect for a coastal owner where it’s not sunny 24-7.

hope it sells for you soon.

Robb

22. RallyeChris

RallyeChris Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    Scrolled to look for VIN. Perhaps I missed it?

23. Swartzy

Swartzy Rookie

Dec 28, 2017
    Hesston, KS
    Full Name:
    Brett Swartzendruber