Anyone here own a Laferrari? Or Enzo, F50, F40? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Anyone here own a Laferrari? Or Enzo, F50, F40?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by JustAnotherCarPerson, Mar 24, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    While I had practically zero tolerance for people jumping into cars or doing something that might cause damage, I think it's a little silly to hold the style of the day against a kid and use that as a measure of their character or potential. They didn't design the clothes, a bunch of adults did and sold it to them. And I guess in the case of Tommy Hilfiger, there's a well-known scandal from the 90s where he said he wouldn't have made his clothes so nice if he knew the types that would buy them, so I guess in that case, darned if you do, darned if you don't.

If a young person was respectful, looked somewhat in awe at the cars, and I had the time, I would give a little time - pants sagging or not. I'd at least be courteous and greet them like anyone else. I actually sold more than a few cars unintentionally that way. One guy even bought three from me in a year, because of how I treated his son when he visited with his friends after school one day. That wasn't the motivation, but a fortunate byproduct of not being a snob. It's always been funny to me when someone like a waiter at a nice restaurant or a salesperson at a boutique thinks they are better than the people that walk through the door, so I tried to avoid that.

One of my favorite things we used to do was take a car out to a high school where a guidance counselor would bring kids who were trouble-makers and/or at a high risk of dropping out. All the kids, at least the ones I recall, would end up being really respectful and appreciative - even if they didn't start that way. I'd spend a little time talking about whatever car I brought, but end up spending more time talking about what people did to get to the point of being able to own one. The small decisions, the risks, the normal-sounding work (it's a topic I enjoy) - things that they could do that didn't involve signing with a record label or sports team. Not saying I did anything special, but I know it helped a number through to graduation and it gives me a soft spot for things like this.

**wasn't going to include second picture bc I figure someone will get up in arms about the fingerprints, but want to include bc of the body language. A lot of these kids were practically scared to get close (and this was supposed to be the rough bunch). The one touching the car looked/acted like he found his purpose in life when I pulled up, so I went with it, it was short anyway.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I never got anything in life by demanding others to accept lower standards. It works a bunch better living up to theirs.

3. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    #53 WestCoasta, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    What don't you understand about me previously stating i have no idea who the kid is? Im not defending him... im attacking the idea that hes not worth the discussion bc hes young- and calling your buddy out for being actually being the troll in the thread.
    I gave an example from my childhood to show you that there are adult capable of showing kids respect. If it was bc i was emotionally connected to him getting shut down, wheres the part that equates in my story? Its the complete opposite. I jumped in the convo not bc the kid needed defense but bc I saw another clear example the kind of **** taking/bullying that ive encountered (and frankly the site is kind of know for) many times. I just pointed out that the gt guy was serving no other purpose that to create negativity in an otherwise unbothered post (again).
    If any one is acting like someones boyfriend its you.. (talk about projecting)....you swooped in out of nowhere to defend your lover- the guys whos post you massage every day. Not to mention the fact that YOURE the one that brought the gay accusation into this...out of nowhere- and about an underage kid no less. WAIT....YOURE A MODERATOR?!?! Whos asleep while supposed to be moderating YOU?!
    Anyway... I see that youre trying to be cute, riding the line of what allowed on here...but your msg obviously got through.
    All it really says though, is that its clear (and this is just my opinion without judgment) that youre the nerd that got pushed around his whole life and now you get to be tough guy talking **** facelessly on the internet:( SAD.
    You should be embarrassed and ashamed. You dont have to admit it to me or anyone else but your KNOW your coward ass would NEVER, NEVER talk about that sarcastic/gay/lifestyle ******** to my face... and you damn well know that. I have zero respect for you....zero.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It's okay, my friend, it's the year 2020. No need to hang on to hate; it's all about love and acceptance.

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Even popcorn is sold out now;)

6. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    What was the question?:rolleyes: