White Wall Tires | FerrariChat

White Wall Tires

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by rob, Jan 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    My Dad is replacing the tires on his 99 lincoln and wants whitewalls but his mechanic doesn't sell them so I'm trying to find some for him that are reasonable, like below 200 a piece. I didn't realise they dont make them like they used to anymore but then again in thinking about it cars don't come from the factory with them anymore but in any case my Dad's a good guy and I'm hoping to find something for him. T.I.A.

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Maybe try Tire Rack or Cooker Tire. I believe both sell a few but you would need to check on sizes available.

3. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I checked around and it is tough finding the right size at the places that cater to classics. I did find that continental makes a tire that has a whitewall but it is a very thin whitewall so I'm going to see if he likes that.

4. JCR

JCR F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
  5. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Diamondback will make you anything you want.

JCR likes this.
  6. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Diamondback is pretty expensive. I talked to them about doing some Michelin PS4s with a thin redline and it doubled the price. Cooker makes white walls but the tire quality is not great. A nice alternative is do it yourself whitewalls that you glue onto any tire you want. Costs about $200 all in and actually works out well and doesn't look homemade. Also you can get them in any width you want (thin or thick). Check this out: https://www.tirestickers.com/shop/white-wall-tires/

7. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I honestly thought he’d go with black walls this time out...but I guess he’s a creature of habit....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login