Help source or repair rare super-wide wheels. | FerrariChat

Help source or repair rare super-wide wheels.

Discussion in '308/328' started by magnesium, Apr 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. magnesium

magnesium Karting

Nov 15, 2003
    Today I damaged a wheel when trying to go through a narrow entrance to a farm. One of my wheels scraped a gatepost and did not come off so well - see photos. Now I need some advice to either fix it or find another but the problem seems to be that these wheels are very rare and made of some really exotic material.

I knew nothing when I bought it but I have since been told many times that my car looks to have Carlos Fandango wheels. Indeed they all have the original Fandango logo and the wheels are both incredibly wide and unbelievably light. I have also been told that they are made of magnetic magnesium and they do seem to light up very easily as well as acting like a magnet. However, when I went to my local welding shop today and asked them if they could repair magnetic magnesium, they laughed at me and asked what I had been smoking. So it looks like I'm stuck with wheels off the car - can anyone tell me where to source genuine Carlos Fandango wheels ?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. JC Andruet

JC Andruet Karting

Jan 16, 2013
    Magnetic magnesium Carlos Fandango wheels ??
    Well it was posted on the 1st April ... :D

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Very good

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Give it to Wheels America with $175.

They will handle it.

5. JC Andruet

JC Andruet Karting

Jan 16, 2013
    #5 JC Andruet, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    If the OP is genuine, the wheels were made in the UK by a company called Revolution, the type he has are their RFX model. I’m extremely doubtful they’re magnesium, and I think I can be sure they aren’t magnetic either (but the retaining lug/bolt seats may well be ...)

https://revolutionwheels.com/product-category/rally/rfx-rally/

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Ah that might explain the "magnetic" comment!